King Abdullah’s British Grandfather Dies
Colonel Walter Percy Gardiner, the British grandfather of Jordan’s King Abdullah II, has passed away at Princess Muna’s house on December 1, 2010 according to a statement released by the Royal Court. Walter Gardiner was born on December 12, 1914 in Standford, England. He married Doris Elizabeth Sutton (1916-1994) on December, 24, 1938. Their daughter, Antoinette Avril Gardiner, became Princess Muna Al Hussein in May 1961 after marrying the late King Hussein I of Jordan.
Gardiner lived in Amman at Princess Muna’s house since his wife’s death. Col. Gardiner will be buried on Thursday next to his wife in a Jordan Valley farm owned by his daughter.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Death, In-Laws, Princess Muna.
- Jordan Commemorates King Hussein’s Birthday
- Jordan’s King Performs Eid Al-Adha Prayer
- King Abdullah and Prince Ali Visit the Tomb of Late Queen Alia
- King Abdullah meets Maktoob Founders
- King and Queen of Jordan send wishes for 2010