The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil

273px-Combined_Coat_of_Arms_of_Harry_and_Meghan%2C_the_Duke_and_Duchess_of_Sussex.svg.png

Combined Arms of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to The Sussex Family News & Events, Part 9

Commencing August 3rd, 2023

The previous thread can be found here.
Please be mindful of the
TRF Community Rules

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.

· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article

text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.

· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

Last edited:

Prior to posting, news-links from reliable sources can be posted freely. Links to support factual information [f.e. to a wikipedia article] can be posted freely.

Articles from semi-reliable sources will have to be sent to the mod. team prior to posting.

• The mod. team will check these links and assess if they can be posted.
  • The mod. team will post the links themselves, while crediting the poster who sent it.
  • Moderators for this thread will be the British mods: Zonk, JessRulz, soapstar, Ista, HRHHermione and Marengo. It is best to cc all of us.
Opinion articles, columns and videos can not be posted at all.

The following aspects are considered off-topic:

• Rehashing of events from 2017-2021, unless DIRECTLY relevant to the new information
  • Unsubstantiated gossip, rumour, speculation, hearsay and innuendo. Social media is not a source. All new information must be accompanied by a link to a media outlet. An exception is made for the accounts of established royalty reporters.
  • Debates over titles or stripping of titles
  • Accusations or inference of racism towards the subject, other members or the media
  • Aggressive, sarcastic or disruptive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts or posts deemed to have intent to disrupt the thread
  • Bickering, arguing or back-and-forth discussions to the exclusion of others
  • Post that otherwise add nothing of merit, interest or benefit to the discussion

Last edited:
Reliability of News Sources

To assist in keeping discussions as factual as possible, the moderating team has created the following example list of international news sources and grouped them based on their reliability and previous history to provide factual or correct information.

Please use this list as a guide when viewing and forming opinions on information. If your source is not listed, base the reliability off of a similar source.

Reliable Sources
BBC
The Times / The Sunday Times
The Telegraph
Guardian

Semi-Reliable Sources
The Daily Mail
Daily Mirror / Sunday Mirror
Daily Express
The Sun
Vanity Fair
People Magazine

Unreliable Sources
Social Media pages
Page Six
National Enquirer

Not wanted: opinion columns, opinion news shows or opinion vlogs. We can form our own opinions without their help. This includes the Murdoch press that is active in several anglo-saxon countries.

Last edited:
‘Yes, both looking well and happy and together. Looking forward to Meghan’s birthday celebrations, no doubt.’

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, that in the last two appearances this week ZERO physical interactions like hand holding or even touching each others backs.
Their physicality, and tactile expressions with each other was always a big presence in public with The Sussex's.

I don’t know that too many conclusions can be drawn about physical interactions between husband and wife from two or three photos taken when they were out to dinner. If there was a video clip of them walking apart or not looking at each other or something then you might be able to draw something from it iMO, otherwise no.

And with the other engagement this week the couple were speaking to young winners on the phone to do with their Archewell award. I’ve seen plenty of zoom conferences and other things to do with the couple’s charity endeavours and they certainly weren’t touching each other a lot on those occasions.

Interesting, that in the last two appearances this week ZERO physical interactions like hand holding or even touching each others backs.
Their physicality, and tactile expressions with each other was always a big presence in public with The Sussex's.

I noticed, too. For that uber fake phone call there was no eye contact whatsoever.

I’d rather not read too much into this, though. As all that PDA was constructed to contrast with other royals, its disappearance can signify also that they are more relaxed, in another phase of their relationship.

Yes, Ghost. It jumped out at me too that Meghan didn't even glance, let alone lock eyes with Harry, in the promoted Video call this week. I didn't want to be the first to mention it.
Just like it *sorta* rubbed me the wrong way that when Harry and Meghan attended a Lakers Game in April and the notorious "Kiss Cam" moved in for the obligatory kiss, Meghan VERY pointedly turned away from Harry. I felt bad for him.

I didn't want to say anything at the time, but the "kiss cam" thing reminded me of the infamous moment when Charles went to kiss Diana after a polo match, and she purposely turned away. That moment was one of the first public acknowledgments that their marriage was in trouble. The kiss cam incident could have been a one-off, but Meghan has a pattern of imitating Diana's famous media moments, so there could be more to it.

I didn't want to say anything at the time, but the "kiss cam" thing reminded me of the infamous moment when Charles went to kiss Diana after a polo match, and she purposely turned away. That moment was one of the first public acknowledgments that their marriage was in trouble. The kiss cam incident could have been a one-off, but Meghan has a pattern of imitating Diana's famous media moments, so there could be more to it.

I thought about that, too. I sincerely wish there are no problems. No matter what, I hope their marriage is solid for their sake and the children’s sake.

Though I am no fan of H&M it is interesting to see how the IG will take place.
Back to Germany I've seen some ads on Tv, celeb Tv only as it is very unusual for German forces to appear on TV unless political background discussions for financing them or missions abroad begin or end.
The German soldiers who accompanied the couple when they where here acted polite and professional as expected but I wonder if there'll be big emotions. (Only seconds shown on TV)

German forces don't have good reputation inside the country and unfortunately are not rewarded the respect they earn for their service.
BUT as this is somehow normal since WW2 most of them learned to deal with it and shun too much attention.
The wounded Afghanistan veterans who still fight for their rights , their pensions or respect might like to get some attwntion through IG.

Remain curious :D

Rugby World Cup is on and while the BBC share the rights on that I would think thst will take precedence.

I thought about that, too. I sincerely wish there are no problems. No matter what, I hope their marriage is solid for their sake and the children’s sake.

I truly hope they're actually happy. Although they haven't seemed very happy in a while because happy people don't continually lash out and blame others for their problems in life they move on towards their future not continually rehashing hurts from 5 years ago. Of course no one knows the reality of a relationship except the couple and this is all IMHO.

The OTT PDA never seemed "real" so it is possible that not being overly affectionate in public is actually a maturing of their relationship, but know knows. As I said, I really hope they're happy because if not then they've caused a lot of chaos and pain for nothing and the kids would get caught in international cross fire.

I'm kind of more interested in what will happen with their professional split more than their potential private issues. Maybe Meghan will be happiest if Tig 2.0 really takes off and that's all the content she has to create.

With IG and the IG documentary that will probably drop around the same time, all I hope is that the veterans will be allowed to shine and any personal news/issues with the couple and their joint attendance will not overshadow it.

Last edited:
The Invictus Games start next month? Cool! I wonder will TRH Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet of Sussex join their parents for the competition.

Somberly, these Invictus Games may get more views than expected since they'll start the day after the first anniversary of HLM The Queen's passing, which will probably bring attention to the BRF as a whole.

Several posts have been removed. While a range of opinions is always welcome on this and any other forum thread, bickering between members is not. It's tedious for other members and inevitably drags the thread off topic. Let's move on.

Rugby World Cup is on and while the BBC share the rights on that I would think thst will take precedence.

As the Wales couple are Wales and England Rugby patrons, this should be some steely navigation for British broadcasters.

As the Wales couple are Wales and England Rugby patrons, this should be some steely navigation for British broadcasters.

Why? And neither country really has a hope.

Not really, the tv rights are already in place, it will be the couple of minutes of the anthems and that will be that. If the two countries play each other there might be a bit of extra scrutiny but other than that not really.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08...nd-meghan-try-to-reinvent-themselves-reports/

Harry’s Silicon Valley startup to lay off workers as he and Meghan try to ‘reinvent’ themselves: reports

Even as BetterUp reportedly lays off 16% of its workforce, it appears that Prince Harry still has his lucrative job as the corporate coaching company’s ‘chief impact officer’
Hopefully those who were laid off will be able to find employment soon.

(Moderators-Please note that Mercury News is based in the San Jose, California area near "Silicon Valley. It is a legitimate news source for that region.)

Last edited:
I think its safe to say that everyone knew he didn't get the job because of his qualifications, so I think the employees who were laid off have a legitimate complaint to make. He's not the first one in the world to take on a highly paid job as a trophy piece though!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/08...nd-meghan-try-to-reinvent-themselves-reports/

Hopefully those who were laid off will be able to find employment soon.

(Moderators-Please note that Mercury News is based in the San Jose, California area near "Silicon Valley. It is a legitimate news source for that region.)

It bears observing, though, that the Mercury News is not the source of the news. Its article does not independently report the information, but only quotes the reports of Noah Kirsch in the Daily Beast:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/princ...ey-gig-betterup-chops-16-of-staff-amid-tumult
https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-revolt-is-brewing-at-prince-harrys-silicon-valley-gig-betterup

In no way do I mean to imply that Mr. Kirsch is an illegitimate news source, only that he ought to receive the credit for the report. :flowers:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1799188/meghan-markle-prince-harry-netflix-film-rights

‘Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to work on their next big Netflix production after securing the rights to a best-selling book.’

‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who signed a multimillion-dollar deal with the streaming giant in 2020, will move away from their personal documentaries into fiction production.

The royal couple have since gained the rights to the romantic novel Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune, according to The Sun.

It is believed the "love story" which echoed the Duke and Duchess’s real-life relationship cost up to £3million.‘

I think this is an excellent project especially as the book is a best seller and therefore will have fans already

Last edited:
Regardless of who first reported the story, the Sun or the Express, I still think that the purchase and production of this bestselling novel is a very good idea for Harry and Meghan. .

Back
Top Bottom