The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style!

You can find the previous threads here:

** The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 - November 2023 **

** The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

:previous:
The skirt and top seem awkward together, and the skirt is so long it's hard to see how she could walk without tripping. The folds just drape across the floor, and puddle around her feet.

The skirt and top seem awkward together, and the skirt is so long it's hard to see how she could walk without tripping. The folds just drape across the floor, and puddle around her feet.

IMO, she always stuggles with fit issues.

The black of the top and the skirt do not seem to match either.

In some pictures, she was having to hold it up to walk. Her outfits really do never seem to fit correctly.

That being said, this is one of her better looks.

Well, all in all this is probably one of her better looks. Possibly because it's fairly simple. That said, I agree with other posters about the fit. The skirt looks far, far too long. I understand the concept of oversized but this truly looks like it was made for someone far taller than Meghan. And the top....the top is awful. It just doesn't go well with the skirt. The cut of it is a bit jarring with the massive skirt and while I understand that some people might love the simplicity and lack of jewelry, this really could have used some sort of beautiful necklace or even a choker. I will never, ever be a fan of the tightly slicked back hair/bun and this is no exception. I really think the skirt could have been a winner if it were shortened a bit but she really should have opted for a different top and hair that doesn't appear tight enough to be a mini facelift.

I agree with the above comments about the fit and the hairstyle, but she still looks good and I don’t think it’s an unflattering outfit. Her healthy glow certainly helps a great deal.

I loved the way Meghan simply glowed at this event. That in itself was fantastic to see. She (and Harry) looked happy and at ease.

However, like others I’m not a fan of that top and the skirt was indeed a little too long. A cocktail length dress might have been better.

As always, I love colour on Meghan. Monochrome outfits just don’t do it for me. And I admit I would have liked to have seen a softer up-do. Perhaps Meghan feels she has difficult, naturally curly hair, and likes to keep it tightly under control.

Her make-up was lovely. And her ear-rings were gorgeous.

She looks very different to me; I’m not sure why - her eyebrows?:ermm: she has pretty hair - wish she’d wear it down more like she used to.

I like the skirt, though it is too long, imo. But I'm just not fond of the overly-long hemline trend. I don't like the top. It looks more like a dance leotard.

In my opinion the top was to casual and the bottom "skirt" to formal and swimming on her.
The look just didn't mesh together.

I'm not a fan of the outfit. She is in beautiful Jamaica. A more colorful look would have been perfect imo.

In my opinion the outfit not only doesn't fit Meghan's figure but also it's mismatched. The top looks like she was heading to gym for some physical exercices and the bottom is too long and overstated in comparison to the top. And the shade/quantity of bronzer she put on her face is also wrong.....

Is it a trick of the light but the ear rings look different in each photograph

Well, all in all this is probably one of her better looks. Possibly because it's fairly simple. That said, I agree with other posters about the fit. The skirt looks far, far too long. I understand the concept of oversized but this truly looks like it was made for someone far taller than Meghan. And the top....the top is awful. It just doesn't go well with the skirt. The cut of it is a bit jarring with the massive skirt and while I understand that some people might love the simplicity and lack of jewelry, this really could have used some sort of beautiful necklace or even a choker. I will never, ever be a fan of the tightly slicked back hair/bun and this is no exception. I really think the skirt could have been a winner if it were shortened a bit but she really should have opted for a different top and hair that doesn't appear tight enough to be a mini facelift.

Agreed.

It’s better than most looks- but the fit is off. The top and skirt don’t go together. The top really doesn’t work at all. Awful is a good word for it.

I’ve never been a fan of the slicked back hair/bun look either. And I’m still not.

The earrings were nice, but that’s about it.

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games One Year To Go Event in Whistler, Canada, on February 14:

** Full view ** Upper Part **

Very casual and fine for the weather conditions iMO, even down to the boots!

Very nice combination . She looks very good.

The red jacket Meghan wore for their dinner outing looked to be the red Lora Piana she wore on a trip to a New York public school a year or so ago. I love that dark red ensemble.

I like the colour of the Lora Piana outfit but I felt it was overly large and swamps her frame.

Again, Meghan looks fine for a sports oriented event, even if it’s a monochrome palette except for the boots, which I just love!

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games One Year To Go Winter Training Camp at Hillcrest Community Centre yesterday, February 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games One Year To Go Winter Training Camp at Hillcrest Community Centre yesterday, February 16:

Meghan once again shows how to wear unmatching clothes... The coat doesn't match the colour of gloves and why is she wearing the gloves inside the building? When she was outside she didn't wear any gloves... Or it was necessary to show the jewellery on her hands? And also the boots are not ok- too big for her legs. So it's a big "NO".

I love the gloves - it doesn't matter if she doesn't need them. I agree they'd look better in a different colour - I'd have gone for teal or scarlet.

I think she has looked good throughout this trip. Some lovely casual outfits. I like the gloves but agree a different shade might have been better. Love the camel jacket .
Re: not wearing gloves outside in earlier post - the pics I saw she was wearing them outdoors. Perhaps she took them off for a short time. I don’t think she feels the need to show off her jewellery.

I really love HRH The Duchess of Sussex's coat. It's intricately constructed while looking warm and comfy.

The Duchess of Sussex was seen out for lunch yesterday, February 22, in Beverly Hills, wearing a Max Mara cashmere coat:

Back
Top Bottom