|The Royal Forum Rules
Registering and participating at The Royal Forums constitutes agreeement to abide by the Social Knowledge Terms of Service Agreement (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum), which include the following:
You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the Company to be harmful to the online community, including:
We assume no responsibility to monitor the Websites but may do so at our discretion. Member posted content may be removed from the Websites at any time without prior notice.
- posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
- posting content containing nudity or violence;
- soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
- providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence;
- soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
- posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
- transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member;
- impersonating any person or entity;
- posting advertisements, affiliate links or any other form of commercial solicitation without express authorization from the Company;
- infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
- posting any defamatory or otherwise false information; and
- posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software.
The Websites may contain hyperlinks to other websites. If you leave the Websites via a hyperlink, you do so at your own risk. We do not investigate the accuracy of content posted on such hyperlinked websites, nor monitor them in any way. We do not endorse or approve the opinions expressed on any hyperlinked website and we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided therein. You should take precautionary steps to ensure that you are protected from harmful viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other malicious software that may be contained in such hyperlinked websites.
Content Posted By Members
By posting content on the Websites you warrant that you are the creator and owner of the posted content, or that you have obtained prior written consent to post said content from a third party owner. When posting content originating from any third party, you agree to conspicuously post the name of said third party adjacent to said posted content. By posting content on the Websites, you also grant, and warrant that you have the authority to grant, the Company a limited license to display, reproduce, modify, and use any text, image, video, music, or any other content that you post on the Websites.
The following rules apply specifically to The Royal Forums. More details may be found in the Member FAQs.
- Members may have only one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, they will be deleted or merged.
- The forum rules apply to private messages, profile comments, e-mails, usernames, avatars, profile pictures, signatures, chat room content, social group content, blogs, and articles as well as to posts in the threads.
- Signatures must be in English and may not exceed four lines of standard-size text.
- It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.
- Posters are responsible for the content of their posts; The Royal Forums does not accept responsibility for posts made by its members, nor do we vouch for the accuracy of the information posted.
- The language of this forum is English. All posts must be in English, and foreign-language articles should be posted as hyperlinks accompanied by an English summary of the main points of the articles.
- Please respect the privacy of royals and other public figures, as well as other members of this forum. Personal information that may invade their privacy, such as the posting of private phone numbers or addresses, will be deleted.
- Be sensible about your own security, and don't divulge personal information about yourself that could compromise your safety.
- Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
- Promotion of other websites and forums should be limited to links in signatures and posts in the threads provided. Use of the forums, the chat room, or the private message system to actively promote other websites or approach our members with invitations to join other forums is not permitted.
- The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online. It should not be used for non-urgent communication with the moderation team.
- Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
- Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
- Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
- Posts where members claim to be related to a royal or noble family may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators since we are unable to substantiate such claims.
- Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
- Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
- Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
- Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:
Change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info, change account options to refuse contact and ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge). Copyright
Please note that violation of the forum rules will result in a formal warning, suspension, or permanent ban, depending on the frequency and severity of the violations.
- All content on the forum must be in compliance with the US copyright law, as stated in the Terms of Service Agreement. Material that violates the copyright law will be deleted. More details about our copyright policy may be found in the Member FAQs.