The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fashion thread and not about race, racism and the like. Let us please not continue this discussion - thank you!

This looks to be the same Alexander McQueen suit as the coral pink one she wore recently. Very nice but I think she lays herself open to lavishness when she repeats outfits in different colours.
Why on earth would people think that? She had several sets of identical coatdresses and just plain dresses.

It is great to see that Meghan's embracing of pants suits has led to some very, very attractive variation in style and colour by Catherine. Her penchant for block colours is really elegant and this white suit looks crisp, comfortable and chic while giving an illusion of a stylish white column.

IMO pants suits flatter Catherine's height, shape and most importantly, the way she carries herself. Her entire look screams confidence with a capital 'C'.

It is great to see that Meghan's embracing of pants suits has led to some very, very attractive variation in style and colour by Catherine.

Trouser suits have been quite fashionable in recent years, so I am not sure "Meghan's embracing of pants suits" has anything to do with Catherine wearing them.

Why on earth would people think that? She had several sets of identical coatdresses and just plain dresses.

Just to clarify my earlier point. Yes she does have identical styles in coat dresses and the like. Duplicating designer items in several colours is, in my opinion, laying herself open to criticism, of indulgence which I have noticed has started to be associated with her recently. Yes, she’s every right to embrace a style that she likes . It’s just an observation as to
how she may be feeding this type of comment.

Just to clarify my earlier point. Yes she does have identical styles in coat dresses and the like. Duplicating designer items in several colours is, in my opinion, laying herself open to criticism, of indulgence which I have noticed has started to be associated with her recently. Yes, she’s every right to embrace a style that she likes . It’s just an observation as to
how she may be feeding this type of comment.

Personally, I do not see it as an issue. If she likes a style and wears different colours in the same style, not sure how it is more worthy of criticism than wearing differnt styles of a similar price range.

Catherine is in a blue LK Bennett dress today (used previously) and in a light blue coat for engagements in Cambridge.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...geshire-official-joint-portrait-released.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh that coat and dress looks great on her, and I adore the painting of them both.

:previous:
The portrait is very nice, but I wish Kate had chosen a different dress. I don't really like that one.

:previous:
The portrait is very nice, but I wish Kate had chosen a different dress. I don't really like that one.

I am not a fan of the Vampire's Wife dress, but I can see why she chose it, the colours work brilliantly in the portrait.

Gosh that coat and dress looks great on her, and I adore the painting of them both.

Agreed. I really like the multi colored dress and coat on her.

The vibrant green dress looks stunning in the painting. Great choice.

Really like what she is wearing today. Such a pleasant change from the coat dress. Pretty, summer colours.
As for the portrait dress, I would have preferred a less fussy style, but the colour is lovely.

A nice, comfortable, summery dress in a lovely shade of blue. I prefer this dress with the straightened hair rather than the sausage curls.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks lovely and seems to like polka dots ;)

Blue is always a good choice for her and she pulls off polka dots well. I will say, though, that I much prefer that dress with the white heels rather than the slingbacks.

I don't know how the royal ladies - Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara all wear them - walk in those heels!

I don't know how the royal ladies - Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara all wear them - walk in those heels!

I always think there is a difference between high and too high and theirs, this pair including, is too high.

As long as the shoes are the exact right size, they are surprisingly easy to stand and walk in. If not, we would see lots of women falling flat on their faces!

Meh...another day another polka dot Alessandra Rich dress. Nothing to write home about.

I like her sunglasses.
She previously wore more square models. But these cat eye suit her face better IMO.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Duke of Cambridge's charity polo match today, July 6, wearing a nice Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
That’s a nice departure from her usual style.

Indeed a nice departure. I'm pretty tired of her recent Alessandra Rich 80s polka dot puffy shoulder dresses. She looks better in such unfussy, simple design. At first I found the black line odd, but the more I look at this dress, the more I love it.

Really quite easy if well made. I wore 3 & 1/2 to 4-inch heels for over 40 years to work daily and I am 5'8" tall bare footed. Didn't wear once retired too often and now that I am 80 stick to 2 inch. All extremely comfortable. You just get accustomed to them, like any other thing.

White dress on Catherine at polo match just perfect. Not plain all white as broken up with the black cording. Really accents her shape and would probable look great on even a heaver woman. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Really lovely look today and rather Letizia-esque!

Yes...this dress is a winner. A nice departure indeed from the usual.

The Duchess of Cambridge in yellow (Roksanda) at Wimbledon today, July 9:

** gallery **

I do not care for the bow ‘thing’ around Kates neck, nor the color. The rest of the stle of the dress is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom