The Coronation: Guest Arrivals, Guest List, Rehearsal and Receptions, 5 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr37Cgprq0B/

Anne was at the same event as the Edinburgh's, Beatrice and Edo, and Albert and Charlene clearly they were in the party mood even if Charles wanted an early night!:whistling:

(The private members club they were all at is a 9 minute walk from St James Palace btw)

Last edited:
Royalty who will be present at the reception and coronation:

Members of the British Royal Family

Spain: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia

Denmark: Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary

Sweden: King Carl XVI Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria

Norway: Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Belgium: Princess Elisabeth (in the reception) and King Philippe and Queen Mathilde

Netherlands: Princess Beatrix and Princess of Orange (in the reception) and King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima

Luxembourg: Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Liechtenstein: Crown Prince Alois and Crown Princess Sophie

Monaco: Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene

Japan: Crown Prince Fumihito and Crown Princess Kiko

Jordan: King Abdullah and Queen Rania

Bhutan: King Jigme Kesar and Queen Jetsun

Bahrain: King Hamad

Brunei: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah

Malaysia: Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdullah and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tunku of Malaysia

Oman: Theyazin bin Haitham Al Said

Thailand: King Vajiralongkorn and Queen Suthida

Kuwait: Crown Prince Sheikh Mishal

Qatar: Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani

United Arab Emirates: Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed

Saudi Arabia: Prince Turki bin Mohammed Al Saud

Morocco: Princess Lalla Meryem

Lesotho: King Letsie III and Queen Masenate

Eswatini: King Mswati III

Tonga: King Tupou and Queen Nanasipau’u

Bulgaria: Tsar Simeon and Tsaritsa Margarita

Romania: Margareta, Custodian of the Crown and Prince Radu

Serbia (Yugoslavia): Crown Prince Alexander and
Crown Princess Katherine

Greece: Queen Anne-Marie, Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal

I will update this list as more information becomes available about the guests who will be attending.

I suppose the Maõri King Tuheitia should be added to the list of royalty in attendance, to avoid any further diplomatic 'incidents' ;)

I am in London (just arrived today) and people are camping in the street (I think it’s where they call the Mall); I just passed Macron and his wife and their security team in the middle of the street! I was caught off guard completely.

It is crowded here! I was shocked Macron is mingling like that!!!

So apparently the Queen was never supposed to attend the events from today. My guess is that she indeed planned some private and resting moment with her family before the big Day, possibly at Raymill House.

Imagine if they threw a gala with dancing, like ballroom dancing, and they threw us a few photos and video clips!!! But probably a hassle with all the different foreign guests, so they stuck with shorter receptions. They could do family and friends, but that might seem a bit pretentious. Do royals and the upper class even do ballroom dancing anymore? I see photos of QEII dancing and think when was the last time we saw the BRF ballroom dancing?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr37Cgprq0B/

Anne was at the same event as the Edinburgh's, Beatrice and Edo, and Albert and Charlene clearly they were in the party mood even if Charles wanted an early night!:whistling:

(The private members club they were all at is a 9 minute walk from St James Palace btw)

Sounds like fun. Nice that a group of them could go to a more laid back event.

I can get Charles wanting an early evening. He’s got a big day tomorrow.

Imagine if they threw a gala with dancing, like ballroom dancing, and they threw us a few photos and video clips!!! But probably a hassle with all the different foreign guests, so they stuck with shorter receptions. They could do family and friends, but that might seem a bit pretentious. Do royals and the upper class even do ballroom dancing anymore? I see photos of QEII dancing and think when was the last time we saw the BRF ballroom dancing?!

Oh yes. There are still dances:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/7b/73/aa7b73fdb0723d6b5db524ec72149077.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/00150d1.../cda2a5727f6b13cd4301ddfb45a6e5e4e754a6da.jpg

https://blauwbloed-eo.cdn.eo.nl/w_1920/2gqg4mfw19y8-ontwerp-zonder-titel-3.png

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAUWF79.img?w=1200&h=627&m=4&q=60

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Nice that a group of them could go to a more laid back event.

I can get Charles wanting an early evening. He’s got a big day tomorrow.

Family meal for those who can. Nothing odd about that.

Family meal for those who can. Nothing odd about that.

Yeah seemed like an event catered towards the extended family entertaining some foreign royals. The York's and Edinburghs were there along with the Princess Royal, Tindalls, Chattos and Michaels of Kent

Was Sophie at the reception? Did she wear that dress or did she change again?

Yeah seemed like an event catered towards the extended family entertaining some foreign royals. The York's and Edinburghs were there along with the Princess Royal, Tindalls, Chattos and Michaels of Kent

Sounds like just about everybody except Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine attended. Oh- and Peter.

Quite the curtsies from Princess Charlene and Crown Princess Mary to King Charles III!

Princess Charlene

Princess Mary

Also, noticed the Aga Khan's son at the reception. Do we know if they will have representation at the ceremony tomorrow?

HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like just about everybody except Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine attended. Oh- and Peter.

He was probably there. Earl of Snowdon was I saw him in back of shot.

Also, noticed the Aga Khan's son at the reception. Do we know if they will have representation at the ceremony tomorrow?

HERE

He will probably go. It does say in the caption, “visiting dignitaries who are due to attend tomorrows Coronation” And he attended the Queen’s committal service.

Back
Top Bottom