The Coronation: Big Lunch, Concert, Big Help Out, 7 and 8 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, apparently Charles and Camilla held a reception at Buckingham before the concert, with Princess Anne, Sir Tim and The Gloucesters in attendance. After the concert William and Catherine held another one at Kensington, accompanied by The Edinburghs and Lady Louise.

Last edited:
So, apparently Charles and Camilla held a reception at Buckingham before the concert, with Princess Anne, Sir Tim and The Gloucesters in attendance. After the concert William and Catherine held another one at Kensington, accompanied by The Edinburghs and Lady Louise.

No both were at Windsor.

Odd particularly one which must have happened at 10:30.

i spotted Flora and Timothy Vesterberg at the concert.

A nice short speech by William but his final sentence on committing himself to serve king, country and Commonwealth seemed a bit ourt of place at a concert.

Charlotte looked really proud of her dad when he walked onto the stsgw. That was quite cute.

Last edited:
It may just be me but I think it would have been nice to have Camilla’s children and grandchildren in the royal box. Not necessarily in the front row, surely if there is room for the Vesterburgs and Tim Taylor and his daughters they could have made space for Camilla’s family.

It may just be me but I think it would have been nice to have Camilla’s children and grandchildren in the royal box. Not necessarily in the front row, surely if there is room for the Vesterburgs and Tim Taylor and his daughters they could have made space for Camilla’s family.

I did wonder that myself but I now wonder if they preferred to keep a slightly lower profile. Camillas son , Tom, does appear on television with regards his job etc but you see very little of her daughter and grand children so maybe they would prefer to keep that lower profile.

For the royal box, they have to put the royal family, the government people, and foreign guests. There might be too many people with the kids and the sister’s family.

The Vesterburgs and Tim Taylor are members of the extended royal family. Queen Camilla's descendants are not. I think the seating was appropriate.

Princess Anne and husband Tim at the County Civic Service in Gloucester today, May 8:

** dm article **

The Wales family in Slough today:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Charlotte, George and Louis get to work leading the nation on Bank Holiday volunteering..**

The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh had fun in London ?

** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Puppy love! Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh takes part in a class at Guide Dogs..**

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended a Big Help Out event outside St Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
The Vesterburgs and Tim Taylor are members of the extended royal family. Queen Camilla's descendants are not. I think the seating was appropriate.

Perhaps, but they are her close family and it was also a big weekend for her and not just for the King.
Flora is the grandchild of the King’s first cousin once removed or something like that. Very very distantly related.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have been joined by their 3 children to help renovate a Scouts hut in Slough as part of the Big Help Out. This is Prince Louis' first official engagement!

The little wee lad was very resolute about helping. ⭐

More videos and photos of all 5 of them.

'Louis, you’ve got paint in your hair!’ ‘Look at me Louis!'
Charlotte is in charge. :lol:

Last edited:
That is so lovely to see. Louis is so cute and Charlotte is going to be even more fantastic when she gets older

Last edited:
The Prince and Princess of Wales have been joined by their 3 children to help renovate a Scouts hut in Slough as part of the Big Help Out. This is Prince Louis' first official engagement!

Not according to the Court Circular.

Last year he officially attended Trooping the Colour and the Jubilee Pageant.

On Saturday he also officially attended the Coronation.

They are all official engagements.

EDIT - Not only wasn't his 'first' official engagement it wasn't an official engagement at all. It wasn't listed for the children in the CC.

Last edited:
Apologies, I can't seem to link to it here, but the Instagram account for the P & P of Wales has released a lovely video of their Big Help Out visit in Slough. At the very end, they seem to be chanting. Can anyone tell me what the chant is? It sounds very much like something that I hear often here in Australia, but I'm unsure if its the same.

King Charles and Queen Camilla make SURPRISE appearance on Amercan Idol

That was really cute, King Charles seems to be more relaxed and down to earth now that all events are going so well this week.

Apologies, I can't seem to link to it here, but the Instagram account for the P & P of Wales has released a lovely video of their Big Help Out visit in Slough. At the very end, they seem to be chanting. Can anyone tell me what the chant is? It sounds very much like something that I hear often here in Australia, but I'm unsure if its the same.

It's a Scout chant. "Oggie, oggie, oggie Oi, Oi, Oi". Quite a few organisations or groups have their own version. For example Australians chant "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" at various sporting events don't they, so I assume that's what you're thinking of.

The videos they've been putting out for the last few days have been great.

Last edited:
On May 7 prior to the concert the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of the Friends of St. Paul's Cathedral attended an Evensong in Thanksgiving for the Coronation in St. Paul's Cathedral:

** Pic **

It's a Scout chant. "Oggie, oggie, oggie Oi, Oi, Oi". Quite a few organisations or groups have their own version. For example Australians chant "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" at various sporting events don't they, so I assume that's what you're thinking of.

The videos they've been putting out for the last few days have been great.

Thank you Heavs, that's certainly what I was thinking of! I didn't think they'd be chanting "Aussie" but I couldn't quite pick up what they were actually chanting. Much appreciated!

Another behind the scenes video of th e prince and princess of Wales that includes some behind the scenes footages and lots of before the scenes footage.

Back
Top Bottom