The Coronation: Big Lunch, Concert, Big Help Out, 7 and 8 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
_128596017_d82b3252-e06b-4eb0-9aae-b23812baf001.jpg.webp

Events after the coronation of TM King Charles III and Queen Camilla

United Kingdom

6 May: The Coronation Big Lunch and The Coronation Concert
7 May: The Big Help Out

You can find the threads for the other days here:

Guest Arrival and Reception, 5 May ~~~ Coronation and Procession, 6 May

Friendly reminder: the Duke and Duchess of Sussex can NOT be discussed in this thread. Any mention of them will be removed. You are welcome to discuss them in their own thread, which you can find here.

Last edited:
It's been announced what we can expect from some members of the Royal Family over the weekend:

May 7th
Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh in Cranleigh
Princess Anne and Sir Timothy in Swindon
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in Windsor

May 8th
Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh in Reading
Princess Anne and Sir Timothy in Gloucester
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester in Kensington

Very happy to see the King making room for Beatrice and Eugenie!

Poor King....

I wonder, who had the idea with the "Big Help Out". What I mean: After the long day of festivities at the occasion of the coronation, the King, who is pretty far into pensioner age, will surely have to be a part of this too...

Exhausting!

The weather has perversely decided to be glorious today - although the forecast for tomorrow's extra holiday is grim - and street parties and picnics are taking place across the country. The Prince and Princess of Wales have been meeting crowds at Windsor, and Princess Anne has been in Swindon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65474716

According to the schedule Beatrice and Eugenie were supposed to be in Windsor today but the prince and princess of Wales showed up (instead?).

Princess Anne and husband Tim in Swindon today:

"Don't put them all on eBay at once!" Anne. ?

And she's shaking hands without gloves, too! It is a special day.

The weather has perversely decided to be glorious today - although the forecast for tomorrow's extra holiday is grim - and street parties and picnics are taking place across the country. The Prince and Princess of Wales have been meeting crowds at Windsor, and Princess Anne has been in Swindon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65474716
So glad the weather is better today and hope it stays that way too for the events!

We have a get together tommorw so hopefully the forecast will change

Saw Kate and William today in Windsor, I didn’t stay after they left but on the way home after 4pm there was a police outrider stopping traffic. Most have been Eugenie and Beatrice returning.

Last edited:
The concert is being broadcast on PBS here in the US. So far, sighted in the Royal Box...

Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, George, Charlotte, the Edinburghs, Peter Phillips & Lindsay Wallace, Savannah & Isla, Zara & Mike Tindall.

I believe the Duke of Gloucester is seated next to the Princess of Wales. I’ve also spotted Lady Sarah Chatto with husband Daniel and son Arthur.

Spotted Sarah, Pavlos and MC.

Didn´t the King and Queen join in some street party or people´s coronation festivities during the day?! If not, very ill advised and judged...!

LOL at Hugh Bonneville noting Charles' work as a painter and calling him "The Artist formerly known as Prince" - and a good chuckle from the King at it!

Didn’t recognise Isla Philips. She is growing up.

They are all there. Even Fergie. Mile and Zara decided against bringing Mia.

Lady Helen Taylor’s husband is in the royal box with their daughters as is the Earl of Snowdon with his children. Also spotted Lord Nicolas Windsor and Lady Gabriella with her husband.

Earl and Countess of St Andrews are there. As is Earl Snowdon, Charles and Margarita. Also one of the Chatto boys and Tim Taylor

Earl and Countess of St Andrews are there. As is Earl Snowdon, Charles and Margarita. Also one of the Chatto boys and Tim Taylor

No princess Anne?

I think Charles must be very fond of Louise and James. They’re getting all the prominent seats at this coronation. Who is the Duchess of Edinburgh sat next too?

The program is eclectic, to say the least ...

The Royal Collaboration was exquisite! Just a marvelous display of the performing arts in Great Britain!

Windsor as a backdrop is breathtaking.
A do like the " Did you know " trivias, nice personnal touches.

I'm really enjoying it! And Windsor...Wow what great images! Very good choice of place!

Back
Top Bottom