The Coronation: Guest Arrivals, Guest List, Rehearsal and Receptions, 5 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
_128596017_d82b3252-e06b-4eb0-9aae-b23812baf001.jpg.webp

Arrival of Guests and Reception for the coronation of TM King Charles III and Queen Camilla

London

5 May 2023

You can find the threads for the other days here:

Coronation and Procession, 6 May ~~~ Lunch, Concert, Big Help, 7 & 8 May

Friendly reminder: the Duke and Duchess of Sussex can NOT be discussed in this thread. Any mention of them will be removed. You are welcome to discuss them in their own thread, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Royalty who will be present at the reception and coronation:

Members of the British Royal Family

Spain: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia

Denmark: Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary

Sweden: King Carl XVI Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria

Norway: Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Belgium: Princess Elisabeth (in the reception) and King Philippe and Queen Mathilde

Netherlands: Princess Beatrix and Princess of Orange (in the reception) and King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima

Luxembourg: Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Liechtenstein: Crown Prince Alois and Crown Princess Sophie

Monaco: Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene

Japan: Crown Prince Fumihito and Crown Princess Kiko

Jordan: King Abdullah and Queen Rania

Bhutan: King Jigme Kesar and Queen Jetsun

Bahrain: King Hamad

Brunei: Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah

Malaysia: Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdullah and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tunku of Malaysia

Oman: Theyazin bin Haitham Al Said

Thailand: King Vajiralongkorn and Queen Suthida

Kuwait: Crown Prince Sheikh Mishal

Qatar: Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani

United Arab Emirates: Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed

Saudi Arabia: Prince Turki bin Mohammed Al Saud

Morocco: Princess Lalla Meryem

Lesotho: King Letsie III and Queen Masenate

Eswatini: King Mswati III

Tonga: King Tupou and Queen Nanasipau’u

Bulgaria: Tsar Simeon and Tsaritsa Margarita

Romania: Margareta, Custodian of the Crown and Prince Radu

Serbia (Yugoslavia): Crown Prince Alexander and
Crown Princess Katherine

Greece: Queen Anne-Marie, Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal

I will update this list as more information becomes available about the guests who will be attending.

Last edited:
Baden: Prince Bernhard and Princess Stephanie

Hohenlohe-Langenburg: Prince Philipp and Princess Saskia

I'd imagine there's quite a buzz at the top end hotels in London today with the arrival of royalty and dignitaries!

Any word on attendance from the Royal Houses of Portugal, Italy, Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Austria, Albania and/or Montenegro?

Personally I would love to see the Queen of Sikkim in public again, although it might be diplomatically interesting to see if India would react. Equally, the Royal Houses of Vietnam, Laos, Brazil, Ethiopia and Korea still very much exist and it would be fun to see them publicly in such a globally visible place.

Any word on attendance from the Royal Houses of Portugal, Italy, Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Austria, Albania and/or Montenegro?

Personally I would love to see the Queen of Sikkim in public again, although it might be diplomatically interesting to see if India would react. Equally, the Royal Houses of Vietnam, Laos, Brazil, Ethiopia and Korea still very much exist and it would be fun to see them publicly in such a globally visible place.

I would like Empress Farah Diba to be present. But about these royal houses I doubt they were invited. The Portuguese Royal House will certainly not have been invited, as they are not close.

Last edited:

I see no place for defunct royal houses to be present at the coronation, it is a state event and not a private celebration of some form. I have nop dout Queen Anne- Marie of Greece does not particularly want to meet the President of Greece or vice-versa.

Apparently there will be two receptions today. One in Marlborough House around lunchtime for Commonwealth representatives and another one later in the day.

I see no place for defunct royal houses to be present at the coronation, it is a state event and not a private celebration of some form. I have nop dout Queen Anne- Marie of Greece does not particularly want to meet the President of Greece or vice-versa.

That may well be in the case of the dowager Queen of Greece, but since she IS in attendance, as are the defunct houses of Romania, Serbia and Bulgaria, I see no reason why other defunct Royal Houses should be arbitrarily excluded (if the argument is that defunct houses are not invited), seeing as it isn’t a private event where you simply invite your friends. Odd to me that Serbias Royal Family, by virtue of them maybe being friendlier with King Charles, should be invited and Albania and Montenegros crown princes are excluded (if that is indeed what they are).

I liked that Empress Farah Diba was present. But about these royal houses I doubt they were invited. The Portuguese Royal House will certainly not have been invited, as they are not close.

So Her Imperial Majesty is indeed invited and present? I didnt’t see her listed in the primary post, so if that is so, I’m very glad to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Her Imperial Majesty is indeed invited and present? I didnt’t see her listed in the primary post, so if that is so, I’m very glad to hear it.

I expressed myself badly. I would like her to be there, but I don't know if she will be.

Apparently there will be two receptions today. One in Marlborough House around lunchtime for Commonwealth representatives and another one later in the day.

This will be a very busy day ahead of a very busy few days!

King Philippe has arrived by Eurostar about an hour ago. He seems to have shared his compartment with Roberta Metsola, the president of the European parlament. He travelled without the Queen, who went to London yesterday already.

Roberta Metsola, President of the European Parliament, shared a photo of herself with King Philippe on their way from Brussels to London:

"On the train from Brussels to London with His Majesty Philippe, the King of the Belgians.

Good exchange as we head together to the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III and Her Majesty Queen Camilla."

** Pic **

Last edited:
Yes, that red rosette-type thing is on the right shoulder of a Garter robe.

I like that King Philippe went by train and also lovely to see Roberta Metsola accompany him.

Roberta Metsola, President of the European Parliament, shared a photo of herself with King Philippe on their way from Brussels to London:

"On the train from Brussels to London with His Majesty Philippe, the King of the Belgians.

Good exchange as we head together to the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III and Her Majesty Queen Camilla."

** Pic **

I suppose Queen Mathilde will join them later as she is not scheduled to be at the pre-Coronation reception.

I suppose Queen Mathilde will join them later as she is not scheduled to be at the pre-Coronation reception.

Queen Mathilde arrived in London yesterday. She is with the Duchess of Brabant.

Yes, William seemed to be rehearsing with his Garter Robe this morning.

I can't believe the big day is TOMORROW.

I read about three. Also one for General Gouverneurs and Prime Ministers

I read about three. Also one for General Gouverneurs and Prime Ministers

There are three receptions:

1) A lunch at BP for visiting Governor Generals and PM's from the Realms, attended by the King, Queen and all the working members of the BRF

2) A CHOGM meeting in the afternoon at Marlborough House, attended by the King

3) A reception at BP for visiting Heads of state and royals, hosted by the King, Queen and all the working members of the BRF

Have we seen any pictures of arrivals at BP yet for the lunch?

I believe Dr. Jill Biden from the US has arrived in London.

Prince Mateen is accompanying the Sultan of Brunei.

* Pics *

The Princess Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown and Prince Radu have arrived and were welcomed by members of King Charles' Household. So there are non-reigning Royal Houses attending.

The Princess Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown and Prince Radu have arrived and were welcomed by members of King Charles' Household. So there are non-reigning Royal Houses attending.

They may well be attending, but my personal view is that they should either not be invoted, or invited as friends & family.

We have some pictures from inside the lunch reception at BP today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Charles-big-day-Buckingham-Palace-lunch.html

They may well be attending, but my personal view is that they should either not be invoted, or invited as friends & family.

Maybe they are representing the States of Romania and Moldova, as you know the Romanian Royal House has a formal status.

The PMs of Australia and New Zealand have arrived. Jill Biden is accompanied by her granddaughter Finnegan.

Back
Top Bottom