Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 14: April 2019 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This dress is not bad, but it's not my favourite in Letizia's wardrobe, either. I guess I was expecting something fancier... And the black/grey patterns reminds of mold somehow...:ermm:

On the other hand, a black hat/fascinator with veil seems a bit too somber for this event.

But I appreciate her going for a simple black & white theme

Last edited:
It’s quite bland, similar to what Maxima wore in that it’s neutral. Perhaps that’s the point considering the occasion.

I wish the hat wasn’t black.

I love the hat but i dont like the dress. I think she wears a flower brooch.

How great does she look in front of that mantle? Given the location, that muted grey/white fabric stands apart if not in the fore. Appropriately so.

And I was ready to kvetch about the fascinator until I realized it matched the placement feathers on HM's bonnet. This is either deep planning or huge serendipity.

Whether it was intended to be a match or not, I don't like the black fascinator. Too somber for the occasion.

The dress is beautiful though.

The hat doesn't work with the dress though maybe a different colour or style would have suited it better.

it’s neutral. Perhaps that’s the point considering the occasion

With the Knights, and the Ladies of the order, laden with chains/tassels/feathers/velvet and all manner of frills and furbellows , simple will stand out, and is probably wise..

Given the occasion and garter robes, simple makes sense to me.

I don't like the dress at all, Letizia could have chosen so much better, a simple monochrome dress of a good fabric would have looked much more festive.

I think Letizia looks fine. I think the biggest problem with the ensemble is that hat, which is not especially becoming to Letizia, and doesn't look as good with the dress as the hat shown with the dress on the Cherubino website. A different hat in a softer, lighter color might have made a big difference.

I think she has carefully chosen an outfit that blends well and is not showy but has an individuality about it. This is not an easy feat to pull off.

I actually like the outfit and the hat. It is elegant, fitting for the summer and subdued enough not to distract from the event. It is a nice surprise that the Queen is wearing some wonderful jewels. She has an amazing posture btw.

In my opinion this is one of her worst looks in recent years. The dress is too dull and like someone said the design reminds me of mould. She also looks quite old in this dress and fascinator.

Doña Letizia looked perfect. I thought both Queens found their own style. I can not imagine Letizia in Máxima's dress, which is so not her. I think both dresses nicely reflected the ladies' different styles. I agree with the remarks on the colour of the hat. A white hat would have been a world of difference.

How do you know the gold ring is "cheap?" It may not be cheap at all, just a style you don't like.

It is a cheap ring, even by our 'commoner' standards.?
It's not gold, just sterling silver with colour plating. I would say even 89 euros is over-priced for it...
#168 has the actual info

And no, even if it was very expensive, I would still not like it.
---

I'm not saying that Letizia can't wear this ring. But imo it doesn't go with the Joyas de Paser earrings and the diamond brooch she is also wearing.

Last edited:
Gosh some of these people are so judgmental as if they can afford Letizia's "cheap" ring.

Anyhow, she looked awesome. You don't see Letizia in Maxima's outfit. Maxima always have that look. Letizia is always looking simple and unconventional.

I actually like the outfit and the hat. It is elegant, fitting for the summer and subdued enough not to distract from the event. It is a nice surprise that the Queen is wearing some wonderful jewels. She has an amazing posture btw.

You best described her look today!!! She looked her own self today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the ring has a certain meaning to her, like a gift from her daughters? Queen Astrid of Belgium once famously wore a piece of string around her wrist to a fancy State banquet. When people mocked her for it she replied that it was her son Baudoin who had tied it on her and that because of that it was her most precious piece of jewellery.

Maybe the ring has a certain meaning to her, like a gift from her daughters? Queen Astrid of Belgium once famously wore a piece of string around her wrist to a fancy State banquet. When people mocked her for it she replied that it was her son Baudoin who had tied it on her and that because of that it was her most precious piece of jewellery.

Oh this is a nice story. Yeah it could be like that. Letizia's style can't be discounted just because of that "cheap" gold ring as these people are saying.

The dress is not bad, but I don't like it for this occasion. It does not match with the hat, one piece of jewellery vanishes on the dress and the other one does not match.

I thought QLetizia looked very elegant. The sheath style dress suits her much more than the fuller skirts she has been wearing lately. The gray and white was a lovely combination and the black accessories added a formal note. While I normally hate the hat style which let's face it, is a glorified headband, I think the veil gave it a touch of glamour and mystery. After all, this is an event where the Knights and Ladies of the Garter are the stars of the show. Understated and elegant suit the occasion.

I don't like the hat or the dress.
The dress is dull, while the hat reminds me of a turban.

Perhaps her ring is a costly original, and the ones advertised for sale are merely inexpensive copies.

I thought QLetizia looked very elegant. The sheath style dress suits her much more than the fuller skirts she has been wearing lately. The gray and white was a lovely combination and the black accessories added a formal note. While I normally hate the hat style which let's face it, is a glorified headband, I think the veil gave it a touch of glamour and mystery. After all, this is an event where the Knights and Ladies of the Garter are the stars of the show. Understated and elegant suit the occasion.

I agree:flowers:

I think I´m in the minority when I say that she looked very elegant. The style and shape of her dress fit her very well and gives her some more shape and the veil of her fascinator combined with the flawless application of her make-up is impeccable. Those are details that translate fantastic to photos.

I think I´m in the minority when I say that she looked very elegant. The style and shape of her dress fit her very well and gives her some more shape and the veil of her fascinator combined with the flawless application of her make-up is impeccable. Those are details that translate fantastic to photos.

The black fascinator and the veil look more appropriate for a funeral than for a festive occasion like her husband's investiture in the Order of the Garter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom