Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 18: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is turning 17 actually.

Infanta Sofia was born on 29 April 2007 and therefore is 15 years old now and will turn 16 in 6 months.

You were probably thinking of Leonor who is indeed turning 17 in 3 days.

Infanta Sofia was born on 29 April 2007 and therefore is 15 years old now and will turn 16 in 6 months.

Sorry, I thought the OP was referring to Leonor.

Leonor will turn 17 this Monday (10/31) and in exactly one year to turn 18 yo

Leonor and Sofia at the 30th edition of the concert of the Princess of Asturias Awards 2022 this evening, October 27:
** Leonor ** Sofia ** gallery **
Wow, Leonor looks terrrific in her feminine cut fushia pantsuit and the addition of a terrific pair of pinker shoes. The only drawback was the jacket was a little too big.

On the other hand, Sofia looks just plain odd with more makeup than her older sister, her asymmetrical dress. There is nothing wrong with the dress per se, however, it is way too old for her and as for her wearing heels, she is, once again, too young
Leonor and Sofia on day 2 of the Princess of Asturias Awards 2022 events today, October 28:

** Leonor ** Sofia in Hugo Boss ** gallery **
Leonor was a total surprise. Her hair is a little shorter and it has been lightly curled and it is a really nice splash of individuality as is her Chanel-style suit which, with its shorter length and lovely, dainty shoes. The ensemble suits her well.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Sofia. While the colour of the dress is beautiful. the dress itself is too short and way to old for her. Her footwear is a disaster. What was her mother thinking?

Leonor looks wonderful here with her pretty updo. It could have been all smooth and elegant but she chose to be a little edgy with plaits. She followed through with her pretty print black and white dress and cute black slingbacks.

Sophia looks lovely, the colour and cut of her dress and beautiful shoes were wonderful but, everything from her hair to her shoes were far too old for her. Honestly, sometimes I just don't know what Letizia is thinking.

I don't think Letizia does "match" with her daughters, here or on most occasions. And we all seem to have plenty of a sense of what the girls' personalities are, or at least how they like to express themselves through fashion.

Leonor's pretty hair. Updos really suit her. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...6cdec4b455ddd6003d719a2adaa2ee92a2768ad51.jpg
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...1e1a73c2c33abf10f45552172b612eb736461e96e.jpg
It does look wonderfully original. I really like it.

Sofia is not too young to wear heels. I was wearing heels like that when I was her age. It's not like she's in a pair of Louboutins with a 5-inch heel.

I thought she looked charming in all her looks, especially the sparkly dark blue dress. She was 100% age appropriate. Maybe we're as a society too used to seeing young ladies her age dressed far too adult, that when we see a 15-year-old dressed like a 15-year-old, we immediately say she's dowdy or dressed too old for her age. The problem isn't with her wardrobe, it's with us.

Sofia is also tall and taller than her sister, and considering she's still growing, she's probably in that awkward stage where the hemlines don't look right all the time, but once she's at her final height, she'll figure it out. We all have to. I'm 5'2, so I'd kill (not literally LOL) for her height.

1st look: I think bright pink don't suit Leonor. The suit is fine, but the jacket feels rather large. Despite that, I love her pink shoes. Wished I had a pair of those / Sofia looks okay to me. The dress is nothing special but I really like the color. The ballerinas are so cute and sparkling...and great smile btw ;)

2nd look: The chanel-like suit/skirt suits Leonor. It looks sparkling. I do think the color is a bit too dark, almost black. She does have one similar but in red (for the Princess of Girona Awards years ago). Even though I dislike messy hair, I thought she looked beautiful with that hairstyle. Nice earrings too! / Sofia has a totally different dress and suits her, but I don't care about the pattern, wish it had a bit more color. And finally in heels (I was starting to wonder if it was her personal choice not to wear heels as opposed to age).

3rd look: Leonor's dress looks wayyyy better in camera than in pictures. The dress sparkles and it looks so beautiful, but in pictures it looks dull. Her hairstyle is unique and beautiful. Love it! / I dislike Sofia's dress and hairstyle. It doesn't look like a daytime dress, more like a party dress.

4th look: Just Leonor this time. Her pink blouse is simple but beautiful. I like her with soft pink instead of bright pink. Her whole look is simple, yet pretty.

Last edited:
as for her wearing heels, she is, once again, too young

At 14 I, and quite a few of the girls I went to school with, routinely wore heels to school. They were certainly a requirement for any occasion that was more formal or dressed up.

Leonor and Sofia on day 2 of the Princess of Asturias Awards 2022 events today, October 28:
Two really lovely looks just wish that Sofia had her hair in an up style for the event.

The Princess of Orange's suit isn't very flattering but the colour is nice, a dress would have looked nicer.

I think they all wore very flattering outfits
My favorite was Amalia in her green suit!

Last edited:
Princess Amalia attended the 61st edition of the Bazar International on November 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Little Gabriella with her long red coat and perfectly jaunty hat win the day for Monaco, max, the littlest of Tatiana children is adorable in his velvet shorts and knee socks. At least Beatrice boys have hemmed trousers this time , unlike the other boys, that drives me nuts!

I love Gabriella's beautifully tailored red coat, but I don't like the hat. It sits on her head like a flying saucer, too large for her head imo.

Gabriella's hat looks like the mini variative version of the one Charlene wore in 2018. I would love it more if it doesn't float above her head. The red coat is lovely though.

Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent attended the premiere of The Nutcracker at the Tivoli this evening, November 26:

** Full view ** Full view **

And Leah Isadora attended the Debutantes Ball in Paris, wearing Giambattista Valli:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Leah looked really beautiful as a debutante. Dress and tiara both flattering and a good match for each other.

Vincent looks great, but I don´t like Josephine skirt very much. It doesn´t seems appropriate to her age. But love the scarf and her beautiful hair:wub::wub:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom