Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 18: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's appropriate for Vittoria given that she is the technical heiress. But it is a title in pretense, and a disputed one at that.

So I guess she can do as she pleases. Hopefully she cracks a history book when she's in sweatpants.

:previous: Good grief! They look like the reincarnation of "Paris and Nicole"! Airheads on parade. :D

Princess Estelle on 1 of the state visit from the Netherlands today, October 11:

** Full view ** Full view **

Last edited:
On the one hand, I get a kick out of Estelle's white tights, especially since I used to wear similar ones. On the other hand, I wonder if anyone other than her is still wearing them.

Not a fan of the outfit but her smile makes all the difference!

Both George and Charlotte looked very nice, solemn yes, but nothing wrong with that. I got a Mary Lennox vibe from her too.

Last edited:
Princess Estelle on 1 of the state visit from the Netherlands today, October 11:

** Full view ** Full view **

On the one hand, I get a kick out of Estelle's white tights, especially since I used to wear similar ones. On the other hand, I wonder if anyone other than her is still wearing them.
Estelle looks quite the little lady with her cute little bag and matching shoes and, as for the tights, I think they are okay with the black and white theme and am guessing that it is still a little too cold to go bare legged and too young to wear stockings.

At her age or in general? Because these tights are extremely commonly worm by girls in the colder months. Of all colours but white is most common at more fancy events.

Infanta Sofia at the National Day celebrations today, October 12:

** gallery **

Sofia looked very age appropriate and well put together. I don't know how the Spanish girls wear their hair down but rarely have wind issues.

In the gallery posted by Iceflower there is a lovely picture of both parents beaming at a smiling Sofia. Pic 48.

At her age or in general? Because these tights are extremely commonly worm by girls in the colder months. Of all colours but white is most common at more fancy events.

Good to know girls are still wearing them somewhere. I have not seen one do so in ages and figured they were a relic of decades ago.

The dress is really nice on the Infanta Sofia but I wish she had tied her hair back for the event.

I'm fine with Sofia's hem lengths ordinarily (I expect they'll probably change once she's confirmed) and I expect it's maybe not so easy to get a proper skirt length when she's so tall, but I think for this occasion, her dress either needed to be longer or she should have worn pants.

The dress itself looks nice, and the polka dots are a good coordination with Letizia's.

I'm fine with Sofia's hem lengths ordinarily (I expect they'll probably change once she's confirmed) and I expect it's maybe not so easy to get a proper skirt length when she's so tall, but I think for this occasion, her dress either needed to be longer or she should have worn pants.

The dress itself looks nice, and the polka dots are a good coordination with Letizia's.

Pants would not be appropriate for the National Day parade, I think.

I suppose you got it right. Spanish girls of her age are normally not as tall as Sofia and, unless she wears a custom-made dress , which the Spanish royals normally do not, it must be difficult to find an age -appropriate skirt with the right length for her.

The SRF doesn't have bespoke everything, at least not the women (I would be very surprised and interested if Felipe's suits are off the rack), but I think they do have access to a tailor, as seen with Letizia wearing an altered dress of Leonor's. However, it's a lot harder to find clothes with enough fabric to let a hem down, as opposed to taking one up.

Didn't Sofia wear pants to National Day or something that looked almost like pants just a year or two ago? Aside from it not being the 20th century and her not even being the heir (she would have had her skirts fixed long ago if she were), Sofia looks solemn and appropriate when she wears pants. I would think that's more fitting for national appearances than a skirt hem that's not cutting it for this.

Good to know girls are still wearing them somewhere. I have not seen one do so in ages and figured they were a relic of decades ago.

In Europe they are every where. Apart from the fact most schools mandate them with skirts in winter dresses.

Estelle looks quite the little lady with her cute little bag and matching shoes and, as for the tights, I think they are okay with the black and white theme and am guessing that it is still a little too cold to go bare legged and too young to wear stockings.
In Europe they are every where. Apart from the fact most schools mandate them with skirts in winter dresses.
I agree that they're everywhere here in Sweden. My 12-year old niece wore a pair just like them for her sister's christening last week as she and her friends often do when wearing skirts or dresses in colder weather.

Princess Eléonore and Prince Emmanuel at the opening ceremony of the academic year of the Royal Military School this evening, October 13:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Eleonore has arrived. She does seem to have much more classic features than anybody in the family since Paola. Coat and pants are simple but not boring. It will be interesting to see where her real style lies.

Eleonore's outfit is beautiful. I like the coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Christian on a new photo released for his birthday today:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom