The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge at the headquarters of the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) today, April 27:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Really lovely colour and outfit on the duchess plus the delicate jewels are an extra nice touch!

Take note Letizia on accessories.

What a lovely, soft color on the Duchess of Cambridge, and I am really liking the design of the suit, as well. Her accessories are very well chosen, too.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the headquarters of the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) today, April 27:

Great look, works well forCcatherine. Also like the pearl and gold earrings and pendant.

This is one of my favourite looks I have seen on the Duchess. The suite is a beautiful shade and beautifully tailored. I like her hair and the pearl pendant. Perfect!

Thought her Anzac Day outfit the alternate mourning colour was lovely I wore cream I not D oC and felt really appropriate and her latest look both stunning I love the length of her hair love it all really

That's a good look on her. I think perhaps the skirt could have been a tad shorter but the jacket is great and gives her shape and the pineapples or detailing save it from being too boring. And her jewels are fantastic.

I like the jacket, but the length and style of the skirt are making it look unbalanced to me. If the skirt had been a knee-length pencil-style skirt, I think she would have nailed the look.

I am getting a strong Princess Alexandra vibe from Catherine's outfit today.

Last edited:
The colour is very nice but I don't like the fabric pr the hairstyle on the duchess so a rare miss from me.

I only like the color. I dislike the design and style.

Yep. It makes her look out of proportion. And I'm really not a fan her slick hair down hair style too. Rare miss for me

Edit: the dress has shoulder pads, which I just realised!

Last edited:
This green dress isn't bad although, at her height, the Duchess suits large-size prints or two blocks of colour. This dress just works; maybe it's the belt and I don't like the earrings which were also worn during the Caribbean tour.

Dress is by Canadian designer Edeline Lee.

Edeline in a British Canadian designer of Korean descent. The business is based in London and the clothes are made in the UK.

Yep. It makes her look out of proportion. And I'm really not a fan her slick hair down hair style too. Rare miss for me

I am not a fan of the hairstyle either, but it seems to be fashionable these days. Mary of Denmark has also been using a similar hairstyle recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the bows on the sleeves.

I like the colour and fabric but this doesn’t flatter her figure. A slim alice band in the same fabric might have been an attractive way to set off the hair style.

I guess I’m in the minority: I like the dress.

I even like bows on the sleeves. They’re not large, which is good imo. But they do add a little something to an otherwise very simple dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also be in the minority, since I like this dress; it does seem very similar to something that Crown Princess Mary might wear, especially paired with the hair, as muriel pointed out. It's nice to see Catherine trying out different silhouettes and styling.

I'll also be in the minority, since I like this dress; it does seem very similar to something that Crown Princess Mary might wear, especially paired with the hair, as muriel pointed out. It's nice to see Catherine trying out different silhouettes and styling.

Actually this is a good point, I too, can visualise Mary where something similar to this dress.

I like the colour of the dress but not the dress itself, neither style nor fabric.
And it does nothing for her to be honest. Looks like it hangs down like from a hanger.
I am also not a fan of this parted, sleek hairstyle. Makes her look even older.

:previous:I agree with you. The fabric and texture of the dress look like upholstery to me. The belt and the slits and the bows add so much fussiness and the silhouette makes her look even thinner. The parted in the middle hairstyle is not usually flattering on anyone ever 12 years old.

I like the dress. Catherine can't really afford to have a minimalist style if she wants to retain people's interest, and she can carry off things like bows and pleats just fine. Would I recommend this dress for other people? Not necessarily.

Not liking the hair. She had it straighter the other day/week for the Ukraine center visit without the center part or having it quite so flat, I think, and that was much better.

I like the dress, but not the hair.
The center part isn't flattering on anyone, imo.

Other than that, she looks fine.

Not a fan of the bows on the sleeves.
CPJava is right about the proportion and yes the centre part and flat ironed hair is also a break from her usual style. But is it a good break? I am undecided about the hair as it looks quite elegant, it isn't bouncing and flying all over the place and looks very professional, almost severe in fact.

However, the addition of visible shoulder pads is a little problematic in that it raises the material on the very tip her shoulders and the material droops across the front. Not a good look IMO. The other problem I have is that the very sharply angular belt accoutrements are at war with the girly sleeve bows as well as the frivolous long earrings

All in all, I think perhaps she is refining her look and trying the find that middle ground between casual-dressy, office and party wear, which as all of us know, is no easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom