Beatrix opens Keukenhof Flower Exhibition
Queen Beatrix yesterday opened the 60th edition of the International Flower Exhibition Keukenhof in Lisse. The Queen officially opened the event by baptising the new Spring Garden tulip.
This year’s exhibition has the theme “USA, New Amsterdam: New York, 400″, in recognition of the 400th anniversary of the founding of the city now know as New York by Dutchman Henry Hudson. The theme is hoped to strengthen bonds of friendship between the numerous American visitors (who make up 10% of visitors) and the Dutch population.
The official Keukenhof website can be found here.
The thread, with more pictures and information on the visit, can be found here at TRF.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Exhibition, Flower Baptism, Flower Show, Princess Beatrix.
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Queen Paola and Princess Claire Visit Exhibition Together
- President Opens Defence Show
- Queen Beatrix and ‘The Girls of Verkade’
- Queen Beatrix sends Condolences to Aircrash Victims