Queen Mary of Denmark Jewels 1: 14 Jan 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
236px-Coat_of_arms_of_Crown_Princess_Mary_of_Denmark.svg.png

Arms of Queen Mary

Welcome to Queen Mary of Denmark Jewels Thread, Part 1

Commencing January 14th, 2024

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Any ID on the jewels Queen Mary wore today. At first I thought that everything, except the ribbon, was from her ruby parure, but now I am not so sure.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...n-princess-mary-of-denmark-coronation-outfit/

ETA:
These are the pieces, the earrings are not from the parure unless they are convertible.
https://coutureandroyals.wordpress.com/2018/05/09/the-danish-ruby-parure/

The earrings are from the ruby parure. She has worn it often in that settting and almost never wears the full girandole earrings anymore.

She also wore some of the hairpins that were created when she changed the tiaras.

The earrings are from the ruby parure. She has worn it often in that settting and almost never wears the full girandole earrings anymore.

She also wore some of the hairpins that were created when she changed the tiaras.

I wonder if she wore the rubies to signify that they are still in her possession as there was talk that she might no longer wear them as Queen.

I wonder if she wore the rubies to signify that they are still in her possession as there was talk that she might no longer wear them as Queen.
I think she wore them as with her white gown it where the danish colours

The Danish colours was my take too. And they ahve been her most faithful jewel companions over the years, so it is nice she used them on this day too.

Why wouldn't she still wear them? There's nothing that says the ruby parure is only for the Crown Princess. Queen Ingrid willed them to Frederik to give to his wife, which he did. They're her property. Besides, the crown jewels can't be worn out of Denmark, so when they go on state visits abroad, that's the most impressive parure she can take with her.

The pearl poire tiara is owned by the foundation, it is not part of the Crown Jewels so it can be worn out of the country.

I thought perhaps she wore the rubies as a nod to both the Danish colours but also to commemorate her wedding to Frederick. Her dress also echoed her lovely wedding dress, particularly at the neck and shoulders. Just my opinion though!

Anyone knows the royal calendar and if there are any tiara gala events during January where Queen Mary can appear in her first tiara as the Queen?

Why wouldn't she still wear them? There's nothing that says the ruby parure is only for the Crown Princess. Queen Ingrid willed them to Frederik to give to his wife, which he did. They're her property. Besides, the crown jewels can't be worn out of Denmark, so when they go on state visits abroad, that's the most impressive parure she can take with her.

Frederik inherited the ruby parure from Queen Ingrid as her intent was it should be passed from Crown Prince to Crown Prince for the use by the Crown Princess at the time. I suspect Mary will continue to use them until Christian marries, as I cannot see Frederik going against the wishes of his late grandmother

I certainly hope Queen Mary will continue to use it after Christian marries too. Queen Ingrid also used it when she was Queen and did not give it to her daughter, the crown princess at the time. Although the Queen will use some new tiaras, all in all they aren't all that many. Her own small tiaras are far inferior to the private tiaras her mother-in-law has available to her. It feels a waste to give up such an impressive piece.

As stated, Queen Ingrid wore the ruby parure as Crown Princess, Queen Consort and then Queen Mother (or however she was styled). The ruby parure was gifted to Ingrid, and she in turn gifted it to her grandson. During her life and at her death, Queen Ingrid gifted / bequeathed quite a few jewels to her family members.

The jewels today were perfect and really complimented her outfit!

And today she wore the Connaught sapphire brooch for the reception in the Folketing.

Frederik inherited the ruby parure from Queen Ingrid as her intent was it should be passed from Crown Prince to Crown Prince for the use by the Crown Princess at the time. I suspect Mary will continue to use them until Christian marries, as I cannot see Frederik going against the wishes of his late grandmother
One might also paraphrase it like this: Queen Ingrid left the ruby parure to her grandson CP Frederik, so that it could be worn by his future wife. I don't see anything in the bequest to indicate that the parure has to be passed on to the next Crown Princess at Christian's wedding. I hope that Mary continues to wear this beautiful parure during her lifetime, like Queen Ingrid did. And I'm positive, that the family will make sure that next Crown Princess will have appropriate jewels at her disposal.

And today she wore the Connaught sapphire brooch for the reception in the Folketing.

And that brooch worked well for Mary today, as pretty much always.

The Danish colours was my take too. And they ahve been her most faithful jewel companions over the years, so it is nice she used them on this day too.

The rubies brilliantly complemented Queen Mary's white gown.

I don't ever remember reading or hearing that Queen Ingrid intended for the rubies to be worn by future crown princesses. If that's the case then why didn't she put it into the family trust with that stipulation.

I don't ever remember reading or hearing that Queen Ingrid intended for the rubies to be worn by future crown princesses. If that's the case then why didn't she put it into the family trust with that stipulation.

I agree with you, I am not sure the rubies were designated for Crown Princesses only. As I understand it, it was a bequest to Fred, who happened to be Crown Prince at the time.

She has worn some of her most important historical jewellery on her first days as Queen - her ruby pieces and the Sapphire brooch. Mary knows how to look in jewellery and wear what is right for the occasion

For the church service in Aarhus, Queen Mary also wore her diamond solitaire earrings (first seen 2 years ago in Oslo) and the diamond brooch she had received from Prince Henrik.

The earrings and brooch were perfect for the event!

The earrings and brooch were perfect for the event!

Indeed. They were also a contract from then that coat dress had been usewd at the Coronation last year, where Mary had dressed it with the Danish turquoise and diamond earrings and brooch.

Indeed. They were also a contract from then that coat dress had been usewd at the Coronation last year, where Mary had dressed it with the Danish turquoise and diamond earrings and brooch.

The jewels were well chosen for the event and I'm loving Mary's attention to detail.
Its so often lacking in other consorts.

The earrings look,like cluster earrings instead of solitaires to me

Back
Top Bottom