Queen Mary of Denmark Jewels 1: 14 Jan 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The earrings look,like cluster earrings instead of solitaires to me

I should clarify: they have a large solitaire diamond in the middle, and are surrounded by diamonds. So yes, we are both right, they are solitaire cluster earrings!

My ranking of Mary's tiaras worn at New Year's Courts:
  • Ruby Danish Parure Tiara (x14)
  • Ruby Necklace Tiara
Hopefully next year we gonna see wearing either the Pearl Poiré or the Emerald Parures.

My ranking of Mary's tiaras worn at New Year's Courts:
  • Ruby Danish Parure Tiara (x14)
  • Ruby Necklace Tiara
Hopefully next year we gonna see wearing either the Pearl Poiré or the Emerald Parures.
Or the floral aigrette

I hope QMary debuts a new dress at the 2025 New Year's Courts to pair with the new jewels she'll be able to wear. Her formal gowns are lovely, but she's worn the same dresses more than a few times, particularly that red velvet number. Give me something green and sparkly to go with those gorgeous emeralds.

I wonder when she is going to start wearing the jewelry from the family trust. I love the ruby set, but that dinner could have been a great time to wear one of those diamond brooches.

I wonder when she is going to start wearing the jewelry from the family trust. I love the ruby set, but that dinner could have been a great time to wear one of those diamond brooches.
I'm certain she will but I imagine they are all currently being cleaned, possibly modified, and will make there debut soon. I suspect we will see them first at the state visits in May.

The emeralds are gorgeous, and they look fabulous on her. I only wish she'd worn them with a different dress. The same dark green, but just with less lace at the neckline. You can't see the necklace very well.

The RFO is stunning.

Unfortunately the color (and the print) of the Queen's gown and the lack of proper lighting obscure the emeralds.

Since the emerald parure is never worn outside Denmark, we won't see it unfortunately either in the upcoming outgoing state visits in May, so we will have to wait a while for a better picture.

Last edited:
The tiara looks so well placed on her and perfect with her head shape and coloring. The earrings look great also on her, not like little Christmas trees somehow. Only the necklace is a bit obscured

Did anyone notice the large emerald ring of Mary's right hand? It looks like a new addition to her expanding collection!

I've never realised that the tiara got two emerald drops! It looks great on her, emeralds indeed suit her colouring. However the necklace doesn't go well with the neckline of her gown and it lost among the lace, the emerald green clashes with the blue-ish green.

The only part of the parure she's not wearing is the brooch. Hopefully, the next time she wears the emerald set, she'll use it!

Was the ring part of the parure?
No, the parure doesn't have a ring and this one has a very modern design.
Margrethe II used to wear the parure with a large cabochon emerald ring surrounded by smaller diamonds. I don't know if it's private property or part of the family foundation, which you make it at Mary's disposal now.

The emerald parure and dress on the official portrait work really well together; except for the necklace.

No, the parure doesn't have a ring and this one has a very modern design.
Margrethe II used to wear the parure with a large cabochon emerald ring surrounded by smaller diamonds. I don't know if it's private property or part of the family foundation, which you make it at Mary's disposal now.
Hope we get a better veiew of the ring the net time she wears it.

I know people often wear green with emeralds but she could've also chosen something that makes the emeralds pop. I tried going through her old dresses and some of them suit colour-wise but many could definitely need some updating. If we're not looking too much at the style, something like these might be a daring choice when thinking of colour.

1714138272254.png

Orange highlights the emeralds and there's even a place for the brooch which is part of the parure.
Blue would also suit the emeralds as a more conservative choice.

1714138562194.png

This kind of red might also be a nice contrast for the stones but perhaps too "Christmassy". Also the dress would need alterations. I like the neckline as it would complement the necklace but from waist down the dress is too plain and slip-like to have enough gravitas for an official portrait.

1714138628226.png

I would also like purple with the emeralds. Queen Margrethe has managed to find a green dress that matched the colour of the emeralds perfectly but if I recall right, the dress was made of lace and I think lace is too busy for the emerald suite.

Although the necklace disappears a bit -as I have said in another thread- it is a gorgeous parure. The tiara benefits from being displayed against darker hair. The design is beautiful and not simular to any other tiara that I can think of. And what is very exiting is that Queen Mary decided to wear both the tiara ánd the big necklace. Something the other younger Queens of Europe seem to have an allergy to.

And what is very exiting is that Queen Mary decided to wear both the tiara ánd the big necklace. Something the other younger Queens of Europe seem to have an allergy to.
But then the other young Queen who has full Parures avaible to use is Máxima. Mathilde has only 2 necklaces which she has used with her biggest tiara for important State visits.

Back
Top Bottom