Engagement For Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg
Ten days ago the French newspaper ‘Le Figaro’ announced the engagement between Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg and the French count Axel de Chavagnac.
Duchess Tatiana is the youngest daughter of duke Johann of Oldenburg and countess Ilka of Ortenberg. Her elder sister Eilika married Archduke Georg of Austria in 1997. The Chavagnac’s are an old noble family from the Haute-Auvergne. A few years ago, Duchess Tatiana was engaged to prince Jean d’Orleans, Duke of Vendôme, son of the pretender to the French throne. The engagement was broken off because the duchess did not want to convert to Catholicism.
Click here for the advertisement in Le Figaro.Filed under German Royals
Tagged Count Axel de Chavagnac, Duchess Tatiana, Engagement, Oldenburg.
- Engagement of Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik
- Engagement of Princess Nathalie and Alexander Johannsmann
- Duchess of Württemberg Made a Knight in The Légion d’Honneur
- Rumors of a Royal Engagement in Sweden
- Madeleine & Jonas – Engagement Interview