The Princess of Asturias Current Events and News Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
The Princess of Asturias Current Events and News Thread

Welcome to The Princess of Asturias Current Events and News Thread, September 2023
Please keep this thread on topic

156px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Leonor%2C_Princess_of_Asturias.svg.png

Off Topic or Disruptive Posts will be Deleted
Please follow the
TRF Rules when posting

Last edited:
Vodka and lemon soda- my kind of girl. Good for her that she can party and enjoy herself like other people her age.

The photos were taken in Zaragoza... the same day that someone said, without any evidence, that she had been in a nightclub in Madrid. Poor girl, with the level of the press in this country, they are not going to let her live in peace.

We all knew once she hit 18, it'd be open season for paparazzi and the gossip press.

Like it or not, she's the heir to the throne, an adult (still a teenager but an adult) and with so many people interested in her, it makes her a target for paparazzi, rumours, gossip and speculation in the "corazón" press.

It goes with the job and it doesn't help that Leonor is a beautiful girl.

Last edited:
We all knew once she hit 18, it'd be open season for paparazzi and the gossip press.

Like it or not, she's the heir to the throne, an adult (still a teenager but an adult) and with so many people interested in her, it makes her a target for paparazzi, rumours, gossip and speculation in the "corazón" press.

It goes with the job and it doesn't help that Leonor is a beautiful girl.

Exactly. But I think she's smart enough to work around that situation and handle it well. The press will now pursue her more and it will be a matter of time before she is photographed with a boyfriend, who will also be pursued and have his life exposed in the press.

Its such a shame that certain elements of the gutter media do not respect privacy and the fact that Leonor has only recently turned 18,shame on them.

Eating at McDonalds ;) a whole new world!

Yes it goes with the job, I feel for those who are around her, private people. The heirs of other countries suffer the same fate, not even left alone until 18th birthday.

Exactly. But I think she's smart enough to work around that situation and handle it well. The press will now pursue her more and it will be a matter of time before she is photographed with a boyfriend, who will also be pursued and have his life exposed in the press.

The gossip press had weeks of "discussing" her smile to a male friend of the military academy, who btw has a girlfriend, just because her, Letizia, Felipe and the guy, had shared smiles.

I hope Leonor will handle it. I hope she knows what she's up against but the intrusive rumours about her private life are going to be constant in that gossip press. What they won't know, they'll invent, like being in a Madrid's nightclub when it's proven she was in Zaragoza.

That the press searches for her and photographs her is inevitable... the terrible thing is that they invent and spread news about her without any evidence (like the history of the disco), or that they harass people on social networks as they did with their colleagues from military school or UWC. There has to be a limit somewhere.

I'm sorry for Leonor and her classmates that they're being subjected to this type of harassment from the press.:sad:

Princess Leonor's message to EL MUNDO and its readers in gratitude for her distinction as Person of the Year 2023

The Princess of Asturias has sent a few words of gratitude for the distinction from EL MUNDO:

"An important year ends for me, with changes and new challenges. My commitment is to continue fulfilling my obligations and earning the trust of the Spanish people day by day, as I said on the 31st after the swearing in of the Constitution. And this distinction from EL MUNDO encourages me on this path. Thank you, therefore, to all the people who are part of this newspaper. With my appreciation, Leonor, Princess of Asturias."
https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2023/12/29/658c43eefdddff65628b45b3.html

https://c9.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G5018a839/22584855_6s6BS.jpeg

Last edited:
The images of the Princess of Asturias in a nightclub in Zaragoza with her friends.

There’s nothing to actually see. Just a video that doesn’t necessarily play.

And while I agree Leonor ought to be left alone, particularly to do innocuous normal things, she’s an adult and one who generates a great deal of interest. There’s no easy way to rework a whole system just for her.

The images of the Princess of Asturias in a nightclub in Zaragoza with her friends.
I do wish the press would leave her alone, she is entitled to have some private time. She has a lifetime of duty ahead of her.

I do wish the press would leave her alone, she is entitled to have some private time. She has a lifetime of duty ahead of her.

The Spanish press is quite vicious with the female members of the royal family. I recall as a kid growing up in the 1960s, Queen Sofia who was criticized for not having a court of ladies around her from members of the Spanish nobility.

When Letizia came to the spotlight, she was attacked by the Spanish press for being both Spanish (!!!) instead of a foreign princess and from a working-class family. And now we are seen as Leonor matures and acts her age with her own generation of friends, the press is starting to test what they can get away with to attack her with. And they haven't even started with the fact she is the one that will close down the Borbon dynasty and a new name, hyphenated probably, will go after her.

The press have been even nastier to Queen Letizia though members of her family and in laws have not helped her cause.

The press have been even nastier to Queen Letizia though members of her family and in laws have not helped her cause.
I can only imagine how the press will go like vultures down on Leonor when she decides it's time to look for a marriage candidate to be presented in public. Can you imagine if she falls for a football player, or an army friend, covered head to toes in tattoos?

I can only imagine how the press will go like vultures down on Leonor when she decides it's time to look for a marriage candidate to be presented in public. Can you imagine if she falls for a football player, or an army friend, covered head to toes in tattoos?
Yes poor Leonor and Sofia its quite a different ballgame now to what Queen Sofia faced in the 60's and 70's!

Yes poor Leonor and Sofia its quite a different ballgame now to what Queen Sofia faced in the 60's and 70's!
Before I log out, here's the article on that outing with friends that went a bit viral. The king had to step in because the security of the heir to the throne is priority over her need to be out with friends her own age.

Felipe VI has advised Leonor to be more cautious with her nights out

Excerpts:
"Zarzuela (palace) will increase security around the princess in her leisure time because the latest images of partying and vaping have not pleased her parents... she has become accustomed to a new lifestyle...but she also has leisure time without parental control, something that the heiress values considerably."

"She is an 18-year-old girl who is very aware of the duty she will face in the future, but let's not forget that she is a person like the rest of us mortals and has the right to have fun," confess sources with access to La Zarzuela..."All parents want the best for their children; so do kings," the sources add."

By the way, I just checked my profile, and I joined Royal Forums on Apr 16, 2005, so in a few days I'll be 19 years old, one year older than Leonor's 18th!
Although I was part of a previous incarnation of this forum or at Netty's old forum, can't remember now, bye for now.

Last edited:
Monarquia Confidencial spreads many hoaxes created by websites to generate visits. Normal people see it as normal for a girl her age to enjoy partying with her friends, especially when until now she has proven to be very responsible and is fulfilling the army as was her obligation.

Monarquia Confidencial spreads many hoaxes created by websites to generate visits. Normal people see it as normal for a girl her age to enjoy partying with her friends, especially when until now she has proven to be very responsible and is fulfilling the army as was her obligation.
Lula, happy twin Royal Forums anniversary to you too! I see you started in here April 28th same year and month I did on April 16th, 2005!

Back
Top Bottom