The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looks lovely today and kudos to her for putting a spotlight on early childhood. Support for new parents in the US is abysmal. :flowers:

A question that is more general: where on earth and how does she store and catalogue all her clothes, shoes, and accessories? And keep up with what she wore when and where? Is this somebody’s full time job? Do her clothes have their own room(s)? Does she keep her unofficial , personal wardrobe separate? It’s early here and my mind drifted to this - I’m just curious. :lol: Does anyone know?

Catherine looks lovely today and kudos to her for putting a spotlight on early childhood. Support for new parents in the US is abysmal. :flowers:

A question that is more general: where on earth and how does she store and catalogue all her clothes, shoes, and accessories? And keep up with what she wore when and where? Is this somebody’s full time job? Do her clothes have their own room(s)? Does she keep her unofficial , personal wardrobe separate? It’s early here and my mind drifted to this - I’m just curious. :lol: Does anyone know?

I am sure she has a room or two at home dedicated to her clothes and accessories, where they are probably organised by season and colour.

A question that is more general: where on earth and how does she store and catalogue all her clothes, shoes, and accessories? And keep up with what she wore when and where? Is this somebody’s full time job? Do her clothes have their own room(s)? Does she keep her unofficial , personal wardrobe separate? It’s early here and my mind drifted to this - I’m just curious. [emoji38] Does anyone know?
I am sure she has a room or two at home dedicated to her clothes and accessories, where they are probably organised by season and colour.
There are most certainly appropriate storage for her clothes though I fail to see them being able to fit it in at Adelaide Cottage.
If you scroll down in the linked article you'll see a small part of the large closet of Queen Sonja of Norway. The temperature is carefully set to what's best for the clothes and it's situated a floor above Sonja and King Harald's flat at the Royal Palace next to their spa, the palace winter garden and Sonja's three chair private hair salon.

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/inifran-drottning-sonjas-privata-9-rummare--se-bilderna/7214244

I think it’s quite likely she passes a fair number to her sister and mum. I seem to recall reading about Carol ( at Ascot?) wearing an outfit identified as being previously worn by Catherine. I would also speculate that when it comes to significant, occasional, evening wear these items are stored somewhere else, such as Buckingham Palace.

There are most certainly appropriate storage for her clothes though I fail to see them being able to fit it in at Adelaide Cottage.
If you scroll down in the linked article you'll see a small part of the large closet of Queen Sonja of Norway. The temperature is carefully set to what's best for the clothes and it's situated a floor above Sonja and King Harald's flat at the Royal Palace next to their spa, the palace winter garden and Sonja's three chair private hair salon.

https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/inifran-drottning-sonjas-privata-9-rummare--se-bilderna/7214244
Thanks so much for sharing this! What a huge closet! It is very simple and looks like it holds a lot. I agree with you: Adelaide Cottage couldn’t possibly have the space. Queen Sonja has a three chair private hair salon??? No wonder her hair always looks great. I could only hope to look as lovely as she does when I get to be her age:flowers:

Thanks so much for sharing this! What a huge closet! It is very simple and looks like it holds a lot. I agree with you: Adelaide Cottage couldn’t possibly have the space.

That is an amazing clothes room. I am sure Catherine would have something similar at KP, but I agree, Adelaide Cottage is unlikely to have the space for it. Perhaps she will end up with a similar room at Windsor in the not too distant future.

That is an amazing clothes room. I am sure Catherine would have something similar at KP, but I agree, Adelaide Cottage is unlikely to have the space for it. Perhaps she will end up with a similar room at Windsor in the not too distant future.
It is probably already there, (perhaps) stilled filled with the late Queens clothing.

It is probably already there, (perhaps) stilled filled with the late Queens clothing.

Quite right. I suspect Angela Kelly has now been tasked with archiving or otherwise disposing off the Queen's wardrobe.

The Princess of Wales wearing a blue Jenny Packham dress in a new Shaping Us campaign video released today:

** Pic ** February 2019 **

Reactions: ada
The Princess of Wales at another promotional video released for her campaign today, wearing an Holland Cooper knit pullover:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Am I the only one disappointed to see her wearing those hideous jeggings? I had hoped that the elevation to PoW would see her up her public image and wear straight-legged jeans at the very least. She could still wear her jeggings for private events because it is obvious that she is very attached to them,

Am I the only one disappointed to see her wearing those hideous jeggings?

Nothing wrong with the jeggings, IMO, especially in the context of the overall look. They continue to be worn by thousands of women in the UK.

I had hoped that the elevation to PoW would see her up her public image and wear straight-legged jeans at the very least.

Not quite sure about the connection between being PoW and straight-legged jeans :flowers:

I don't see how jeggings related to one's "public image" as well. :ermm:

And I don't think straight-legged jeans would work well with this look overall.

Nothing wrong with the jeggings, IMO, especially in the context of the overall look. They continue to be worn by thousands of women in the UK.
Yes indeed, my daughter and I both have several pairs of jeggings. I think Catherine's outfit looks fine for the occasion and the jeggings go well with a winter jumper.

Am I the only one disappointed to see her wearing those hideous jeggings? I had hoped that the elevation to PoW would see her up her public image and wear straight-legged jeans at the very least. She could still wear her jeggings for private events because it is obvious that she is very attached to them,

I'm not disappointed that she's wearing them. Leggings or jeggings are pretty standard casual wear for many women. Considering that fleece lined ones have been available for years now, they're practical and comfortable choices for cold weather.

That being said, I don't see her wearing them to an official engagement unless it was one of sports related patronages and the visit involves physical activity.

I don't see how jeggings related to one's "public image" as well. :ermm:

And I don't think st.,raight-legged jeans would work well with this look ov:perall.
You have to laugh at the true range of opinions about fashion and its place in royal life. Me? I have always believed jeggings are tacky and do not belong on an official engagement, not even a sporting one and even while to others they look terrific and trendy. I do not see my opinion changing in the near or far future as IMO they do not flatter her in the least.

The Princess of Wales wearing an Arket jumper when meeting pupils of St John's CE Primary School in Bethnal Green for a video for Children's Mental Health Week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Ni nice smart-casual look for the College Visit :previous:

Long coat with turtle neck again, nice look on her. I dislike the belts though.

I like the belt detail replicated on the cuffs of the coat. A lovely colour too.

Other than the multiple belts its a really lovely combination and outfit on the Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom