The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That tan outfit is hideous. The pants are wrinkled and way too long. It’s a mess. The second outfit she wore today is really cute. My favorite look from the events.

The shorts outfit was terrible. The bling belt and Chanel shoes didn’t fit the event. Neither did the super black high heels with the tight back jeans.
The wide linen pants didn’t fit.

Agree. I didn’t like the shorts outfit either. I actually haven’t liked any of her outfits besides the white one from today.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 -

I love the blouse that she's wearing for the NATO event. However I find the pants were a poor choice. They're overwhelming her body and are very wrinkled. Also the hem is dragging on the ground even though she's wearing heels.

Unfortunately for Meghan, she does have a tendency to select items that do not fit her well.

https://www.meghansfashion.com/what-meghan-wore

The pants are a hideous monstrosity imo. They are too baggy, too long and a wrinkled mess. They just don’t look good on her at all. (And does she not have an iron?)

Totally agree. Meghan absolutely has a tendency to wear outfits that just don’t suit her. She can do it, but it’s rare that she puts together a great outfit that flatters her. And she has so many resources.

That tan outfit is hideous. The pants are wrinkled and way too long. It’s a mess. The second outfit she wore today is really cute. My favorite look from the events.

Agree. I didn’t like the shorts outfit either. I actually haven’t liked any of her outfits besides the white one from today.

I had originally liked the shorts outfit, until I saw a closer look at it. I had thought it was a suit but it wasn’t , it didn’t appear to match. It looked odd.

Still hanging for some colour, and sorry, I think the pants were too long in the leg and the fit was off.

She is staying in fancy hotel and I'm sure they would be happy to iron her clothes, but she doesn't mind the wrinkles. Same old fashion mistakes, choosing clothes not right for her body type.

Last edited:
I had originally liked the shorts outfit, until I saw a closer look at it. I had thought it was a suit but it wasn’t , it didn’t appear to match. It looked odd.

The shorts outfit was a misfire. It aged her.

The Dresser responsible for Meghan's clothing and accessories on Suits was wonderful. Really top notch, flattering, on point, and professional for Rachel Zane's Character. The *only* thing I was NOT impressed with was Rachel's Wedding Dress on The Show.

I also loved Meghan's Wedding dress from her first marriage. Really lovely. Its actually one of my favorites. It suited her perfectly, IMO.

Oh yes! Colour.! And a shade of blue that suits her. I do like this dress. Well done, Meghan. You look lovely!

This had the potential to be her most attractive outfit, but it looks a little sloppy, particularly the coat flaps and rather poor fitting T-shirt. I think the colour is good and I like the pleated trousers.

The Duchess of Sussex at the "Friends @ Home Event" on day three of the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf, Germany, today, September 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Meh, I like shirt dresses, but this one looks like the well-worn, nothing special dress a working woman would wear when she has a busy day ahead of her and wants to be comfortable for the long day.

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf today, September 13:

** Full view **
I like the shorts and the cardigan but not together, there is a proportion issue.

And look number two today:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
This is the best look so far, not a wow but a decent look. Interestingly I think that swapping out the pumps for the sneakers made it a winning look in my books, https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/0...cot_a_high_five_during_-a-5_1694936471746.jpg

the NATO event
I like the look from the neck up, namely the hair and sunnies, from the neck down, it was bad, so so bad!

Meghan has now changed into another outfit for today. This time it's a white Ralph Lauren sweater vest with white skinny jeans.
This looks very close to the black on black outfit but this look was executed much better.

Another look with shorts for the Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games today, September 15:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **
I like the shorts outfit part but I think that it could have been paired with a better jacket. I don't like the shoes but admittedly that has to do with those shoes not being to my taste for that outfit. The outfit the woman walking next to Meghan gets a thumbs up.

True! That would have been nicer.

Look number 2 was much better in my eyes, more serious and grown-up ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **
I don't like the way the dress is belted, I have seen Meghan belt dresses and jackets that way before and I don't care for it, especially with a dress.

I like the two tone blue.

The Duchess of Sussex on the final day of the Invictus Games today, September 16:

** Full view ** Full view **
I like the duster jacket but I think that I would like the look better without the duster jacket and a different color shirt. This looks like a failed attempt at putting together a stealth wealth ensemble.

I love that layered white ensemble she wore on the last day. It's low key and very comfortable looking. I also liked the Ralph Lauren sweater-vest with the black trousers. I'm not crazy about the shirtwaist dresses, but that's just me and my experience of wearing them.

In my opinion when it comes to clothes during Invictus Games Meghan looked her usual herself- wrinkled, ill-fitting clothes. And these shorts...... She looked really ridiculuos in shorths while marching in front on solemn veterans..... But I guess for her it's only the Markle show....

Her clothes were truly awful. As someone who liked much of her clothes in the royal days. What was she wearing and why is it all a black, cream, brown, white pallet. Is that Californian posh?

I wasn’t bowled over by Meghan’s outfits during the Games. I thought she looked okay and very much in her safety zone. However, she is looking healthy and happy and it was good to see her interacting with Harry, which I personally found to be in a genuinely supportive and affectionate way.

For what her clothing cost, Meghan did not look outstanding.
And, it's not a good look to wear thousands of pounds (the DM says a quarter of a million) in clothes while representing a charity, imo.

The DM doesn’t know what Meghan’s clothes cost. They often inflate prices of her clothing and accessories anyway, anyway and ignore any deals that were probably done. And the jewellery is either guesswork or items that she’s had for years or been given as gifts have been calculated into the totals. And as she is not costing the British taxpayer one cent for her lifestyle surely what her clothing costs is her own concern, and Harry’s.

Last edited:
For what her clothing cost, Meghan did not look outstanding.
And, it's not a good look to wear thousands of pounds (the DM says a quarter of a million) in clothes while representing a charity, imo.

It's also not a good look to walk at the front of a group of servicemen with buttons undone, collar untidy and wearing shorts and sliders. Very sloppy!

I doubt the DM know the true cost of her clothing and I'm unsure why they're focused on it. The DM like to inflate cost as they need another reason to put Meghan on their front pages and bang on about a woman they claim is nothing. Of course, people are allowed to feel like it isn't a good look but it doesn't mean that it is a good look.

And I agree with the above, she seemed to be in her safety zone during the games and that's fine. She looked good, happy and healthy and that what matters in the end. She was dressed for a sporting event, toed the line of causal and a bit done up but very much looked like other family members of those in the event.

I think my favorites were the last night, the whole white she did with the polo vest, the all black because she was able to switch out pieces quickly and use that outfit for two events and the last all white/crème looking. The pants were long but without trailing on the ground and I liked the trench.

Special mention for her travel wear there because it looked very comfortable.

Her clothes were truly awful. As someone who liked much of her clothes in the royal days. What was she wearing and why is it all a black, cream, brown, white pallet. Is that Californian posh?
Yes wearing earth toned neutrals is California Coastal Chic in my opinion. Meghan's long shown a preference to neutrals when it comes to her color palette so I'm not surprised that she wore them for the Invictus Games.

Considering the interest in Meghan (and certain royals), I would hazard a guess that its a pretty accurate estimate how much her clothing costs. It not like she is buying all of her clothes off the rack. And since the internet is pretty much forever, its easy to see how many an old item might have cost 10 years ago.

That being said, her monochromatic look doesn't bother me I just wish she would have her clothes tailored. She does look good in vibrant colors IMO. Why must she always wear pants that appear too long in length. It distracts from the outfit IMO and make it look sloppy.

Meghan's long shown a preference to neutrals when it comes to her color palette so I'm not surprised that she wore them for the Invictus Games.

If I am not mistaken, Meghan stated in one of her interviews (or was it the Netflix documentary), her choice of neutrals during her 18 months as a working royal was driven by her not wanting to wear the same colours as HM or other more senior ladies of the family.

If I am not mistaken, Meghan stated in one of her interviews (or was it the Netflix documentary), her choice of neutrals during her 18 months as a working royal was driven by her not wanting to wear the same colours as HM or other more senior ladies of the family.

Yes, and one could interpret her choice of Invictus neutrals as not wanting to distract from the athletes and Games.
If so, I applaud her.

ALSO, the price totals for her wardrobe should never include jewelry items:
We all would be often wearing ensembles worth thousands!

Yes, and one could interpret her choice of Invictus neutrals as not wanting to distract from the athletes and Games.
If so, I applaud her.

I am sure multiple changes of clothes through the course of the day, with the media briefed on the details of the clothing and accessories, are designed to not distract from either the games or the atheletes. ?

Yes she did mention that previously, but from viewing old photos from before she met Prince Harry, she did seem to prefer neutrals.
Here's some photos of her circa 2015 and in most of the photos she's sticking to a neutral palate. (One is a still photo from Suits)

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/meghan-markle-2015

Last edited:
A nice look for the Duchess of Sussex at Kevin Costner 's 'One805 Live!' event in Santa Barbara yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom