The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really out of season. It can get silly cold near the coast. Tourist always make this mistake when traveling to certain parts of California. I know I did it to when I spent a week in San Diego in JULY and had to buy a jacket because I was freezing.

As a lifelong California native who had a student living at nearby UCSB, I can state that it isn't cold enough to require a cashmere coat and shawl/scarf on an August morning. I showed the photo to my daughter and she was surprised to see Meghan wearing these out of season clothes.

It's a beautiful outfit and I especially like the shawl, but it's truly not that chilly outside now in SB Co. Especially for someone like Meghan who would be acclimated to the weather unlike a tourist who just visited for a short time.

Last edited:
I also spotted a woolly jumper under the coat, but it's obviously warm enough to wear slippers without stockings.
I don't understand what that arm thingy is.

As a lifelong California native who had a student living at nearby UCSB, I can state that it isn't cold enough to require a cashmere coat and shawl/scarf on an August morning. I showed the photo to my daughter and she was surprised to see Meghan wearing these out of season clothes.

It's a beautiful outfit and I especially like the shawl, but it's truly not that chilly outside now in SB Co. Especially for someone like Meghan who would be acclimated to the weather unlike a tourist who just visited for a short time.

Is it possible that she is doing a modeling stunt for some magazine to come out in the late fall? Models are required to model styles many months in advance. Some magazine will pay her, I am sure.

I also spotted a woolly jumper under the coat, but it's obviously warm enough to wear slippers without stockings.
I don't understand what that arm thingy is.

A stress calming disc. Helpfully,her sleeve was folded over so it could be seen. Her bodyguard was in short sleeves in other photos so maybe she is just someone who is feels the cold? Am always freezing in air-con

Well the calming disk seems an obvious product merch as she has rolled the sleeve of her coat up to ensure it is shown off and a picture of that appearance has been used on the company's social media account without recourse from the notoriously litigious Sussex's.

It looks an unseasonably warm outfit to me but maybe it was chilly.

It seems a strange mix of summer and fall clothes.

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf today, September 13:

** Full view **

Posts discussing weight have been removed according to the TRF rules.

Not a great fan of shorts at this sort of event, I have to say. A nice pair of slim leg slacks would have looked better in my opinion. And Meghan, please, some colour in your outfit tomorrow. Black dress, white shorts and jacket with black top. Put some colour in your life!

The duchess could have worn a dress or pants ,not a fan of the shorts!

I like the jacket, the edging is very nice. Does not suit the shorts though, long white trousers would have been better suited to it.

I don't like the shorts, but I rarely like shorts on anyone.
The jacket doesn't belong with the shorts, imo.

I very much like the Duchess’s choices ~ Banana Republic and J Crew.
Two very accessible, reasonably-priced brands. She clearly took criticism of previous Invictus clothing choices on board.

I very much like the Duchess’s choices ~ Banana Republic and J Crew.
Two very accessible, reasonably-priced brands. She clearly took criticism of previous Invictus clothing choices on board.

I agree that her decision to wear brands that are affordable and available to many was better than the previous IG choices.

There was criticism of her looks last year? The outfits seemed fine to me, not everything I would wear but fine. Unless it’s about price points then, that’s not something I paid much attention to, I doubt the people there cared.

I liked her dress from yesterday, mainly because it’s all black and I love a black dress. I also loved todays outfit, it’s a call back to the start of the year and has two of my favorite colors. I would’ve done pants because I don’t tend to wear shorts that much but the shorts make the outfit more fun.

Overall, still a good look.

The duchess could have worn a dress or pants ,not a fan of the shorts!

Would love to see Meghan wearing one of the official Invictus Games polos with some pants.

Yes, the pants are very much an improvement on the shorts, which I just feel may have been a little uncomfortable to wear. I live in hope of a bit of colour!

Yes, a bit of colour would be nice, but it’s a nice combination which is perfect for the occasion.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 6: May 2022 -

The Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf today, September 13:

** Full view **

I really don’t like anything about this outfit. It’s not flattering on her. The jacket doesn’t seem to fit the rest of the outfit. And it’s all rather bland.

Actually- bland seems to sum up all her clothing choices on this trip.

Last edited:
The second outfit was much nicer and very smart looking!

The brown/tan outfit is good. It was smart choice for their NATO meeting.

She then changed into an all white outfit. I liked it, leans more my style without heels because I’m bad at walking in them. I did really like it aside from it being in all white…I’m too clumsy for anything all white like that.

So far, all of the outfits have been good. The only one I wouldn’t wear myself, is the all white one but it’s nice to look at.

I love the blouse that she's wearing for the NATO event. However I find the pants were a poor choice. They're overwhelming her body and are very wrinkled. Also the hem is dragging on the ground even though she's wearing heels.

Unfortunately for Meghan, she does have a tendency to select items that do not fit her well.

https://www.meghansfashion.com/what-meghan-wore

Last edited:
I love the blouse that she's wearing for the NATO event. However I find the pants were a poor choice. They're overwhelming her body and are very wrinkled. Also the hem is dragging on the ground even though she's wearing heels.

Unfortunately for Meghan, she does have a tendency to select items that do not fit her well.

https://www.meghansfashion.com/what-meghan-wore

It needs a good iron,

The shorts outfit was terrible. The bling belt and Chanel shoes didn’t fit the event. Neither did the super black high heels with the tight back jeans.
The wide linen pants didn’t fit.

She has definitely started to prefer wider/baggy clothing. Idk why. I will say, they definitely fit the way she wants them to fit her. Maybe it’s a comfort thing or something but I think the clothes are fitting her just as she wants.

It’s not something that people widely like.

What’s wrong with the shorts outfit though? The blazer didn’t overwhelming (like the pants from todays nato event) nice contrast with the black. The shorts were cute and it was fitting for toeing the line between relaxed and polished. Leaned a little more preppy for my taste but I don’t see what is bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom