Royal Predictions for 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think she will wear a tiara, it’s not by force or compulsory to wear one

I think she will this time. She seems different somehow (in a good way) since her return to public life. She seems more sure of herself and in her role. I think perhaps the not going to royal occasions abroad (most of the time) was related to the way she was feeling overall. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if she wore her sash snd tiara in Sweden if he attends whereas before I wouldn't have expected her to go at all.

Denmark
– Christian's 18th birthday will be a huge celebration with Ingrid Alexandra, Élisabeth and Catharina-Amalia in attendance
– Leading up to his 18th birthday, Christian will visit both Greenland and the Faroe Islands with his parents during the summer of 2023
– Incoming state visit from the UK
– Palaver about Joachim's apanage as the DRF will, once again, think they can just pull it out of the country without asking for permission first
– Instead of moving directly into upper secondary school, Isabella will go on exchange to Australia
– Nikolai will be the subject of a documentary series detailing the trauma of losing his princely title :cool:
– QMII will try to arrange Christmas for the whole family (including Benedikte and Anne-Marie's families) at Fredensborg
– Probably more wishful thinking than anything else :sad: but... a surrogacy baby welcomed by Carina and Gustav sometime in 2023?

Jordan
– Huge celebration for Hussein and Rajwa's wedding with attendance by most European royal families
– The newlyweds will announce their first pregnancy before the end of the year and welcome a baby boy, Abdullah, in 2024
– A more private affair for Iman and Jameel's wedding

Luxembourg
– A baby girl, Béatrice, for Stéphanie and Guillaume
– Third pregnancy for Claire with her and Félix welcoming a baby boy, Jules, sometime in 2023

Monaco
– A baby girl, Grace, for Marie and Louis

Sweden
– Fourth and final pregnancy for Sofia with her and Carl Philip welcoming a baby girl, Amelia, in late 2023

UK
– H&M and Andrew will all be at the coronation but with very lowkey appearance like at QEII's jubilee
– No Edinburgh for the Wessexes
– Peter will get married to his girlfriend in a lowkey ceremony
– Second pregnancy for Eugenie with her and Jack welcoming a baby boy, Casper, in late 2023

Last edited:
I agree about Charlene. I think she will attend the King's jubilee in Sweden and wear a tiara at last. Perhaps even the Luxembourg wedding too.

Long over due but let's hope we see the Princess at the Swedish Jubilee!

Princess Caroline will probably officially divorce Ernst August of Hanover as their daughter is over 20years old and mostly lives with her. Princess Alexandra of Hanover will probably be engaged to her boyfriend, Ben.

All is not happy and easy among the Royals !
Reconciliation in the Danish Royal Family and a good start for Prince Joachim in the USA
Reconciliation of Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia and his Son Hed Prince Philip.
Wedding of Princess Märtha of Norway Shaman Derek .
A new place for Princess Amalia of the Netherlands to have a safe life
A new life for Diane Duchess of Cadaval
etc etc.....

Belgium,
- State visit from Spain and Mathilde uses one of the leaves from Fabiola's wedding tiara as brooch in the welcoming ceremony and this aquamarine demi-parure for the banquet. (Okay just let me dream.:unsure:)
- Dating rumours about Elisabeth from British press, claiming that she's dating her fellow British university mate with some random blurred paparazzi photos;).
- First overseas solo engagement for Elisabeth.
- In some occasion Elisabeth wears the necklace she received from the Belgian noble association and it's modifiable into a tiara.
- Gabriel pursues a STEM related career in military.
- Followed in his mother's foot step Emmanuel chooses to study speech therapy in university.

Denmark,
- Unlike his father's, Christian gets a 18th birthday celebration with attendance of other young heir/ess. We gets another photos of Elisabeth, Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Estelle and Charles, but this time we also have Christian and Leonor.
- Mary purchases another new tiara and hopefully not with red stones again:D.

Japan,
- Aiko has her first solo engagement.
- And she enrolls into Harvard University for further studies.
- Mako announces pregnancy and her baby boy's born in US.

Luxembourg,
- Charles has a younger sister!
- No abdication from Henri but he hints that he's considering that.
- Maria Terese "retires" and Stephanie becomes the first lady of the country.
- Hence we see her in major tiaras e.g. the Emerald Art Deco and Belgian Scroll.
- Alexandra has a non-Elie Saab gown for her wedding (nothing's against ES but I just want to see something other than ES from the Lux brides.)
- And she announces pregnancy at the end of the year and it's a boy.

Monaco,
- To everyone's surprise, Charlene wears her diamond foam tiara to one of their annual balls.

Norway,
- State visit from Belgium.
- Harald takes more sick leaves but nothing happens.
- Haakon and Mette-Marit has a huge joint 50th birthday white tie celebration, European counterparts attend.
- And Mette-Marit finally shows up with a new-to-her tiara (Maud's diamond tiara please.)
- And Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus give a humourous but lovely speech together to roast their parents. :D
- Ingrid Alexandra has her first overseas engagement with Sonja/Mette-Marit.
- And more military-related engagements for her.
- Sverre Magnus has a private 18th birthday celebration with royal guests (mostly his godparents and the Scandinavian counterparts), no television live but some group photos are released.
- The second wedding of Martha Louise still doesn't happen and there's rumour that the engagement is called off.
- Astrid enjoys her retirement from royal duties which she fully deserves (but it doesn't stop her from joining any family celebration :cool:).

The Netherlands,
- State visit from Spain.
- Alexia has a gap year like her sister and spends time in South America especially Argentina.

Spain,
- Serious health issues from Juan Carlos.
- Sofia also enrolls into UWCA.

Sweden,
- As usual random fake rumours about the divorce of Victoria & Daniel and Madeleine & Christopher are made up by the press. But this time both couples decide to bring a legal action.
- I think there shall be something special for Daniel's 50th birthday as well but I've no idea.
- Sofia debuts a new set of stones with her wedding tiara for the Jubilee celebrations.

UK,
[Not gonna write about the coronation until more details are released]
- Charles' first outgoing state visit takes place after the coronation, probably a republic European country (France, Germany?).
- And it's announced that the state visit from Japan resumes in 2024, and a state visit to Belgium as well (so Philippe can finally receive his Garter:)).
- The Wales participate in any counterparts' celebrations mentioned above.
- Kate and Sophie both receives the Garter (Who knows? Maybe Charles has his own new rules and criteria different from his predecessors).
- Both Beatrice and Eugenie announces second pregnancy, same sex as their first baby respectively.
- The Wessex finally "upgrades" to The Edinburgh before the coronation.
- Peter has a low-key second wedding and the news comes out after the wedding happens.

Last edited:
I do hope that Charles' first overseas State Visit is to a Commonwealth country e.g. India or Nigeria rather another visit to Europe.

If he values the Commonwealth as he says he has to show it.

I would like to see the Wessex's get the Edinburgh Dukedom but I suspect that that isn't going to happen ever.

I don't see Charles breaking with tradition and giving the Garter to a married-in wife who isn't going to be Queen Consort and if he does give it to Catherine I hope it is not for a few years yet. I want his first 'royal' garter to go to George when he is 18 or so. Charles, after all, received the Garter when he was 9 and he could have had it earlier if his mother had made him Prince of Wales earlier.

If he is going to give it to Sophie then what about Birgitte who has been a working royal now for over 50 years? or Katherine Kent who has done over 60 years as a married-in wife and make way fewer mistakes than Sophie made.

I do hope that Charles' first overseas State Visit is to a Commonwealth country e.g. India or Nigeria rather another visit to Europe.

The choice of state visits is largely down to the government of the day, not BP. That said, I would be surprised if the first state visit is to India. The optics of Rishi, the UK's first PM of Indian descent, sending the King on his first state visit, to the country of the PM's forefathers, is not a great one.

If he values the Commonwealth as he says he has to show it.

I suspect there are more ways of demonstrating the value the King places on the Commonwealth than having to make his state visit to a Commonwealth country just to make a point.

Last edited:
Sweden
-A fourth and final baby for CP and Sofia, another boy. Pregnancy announced in the spring with the baby coming later in the year, maybe November.
-Very few appearances by Chris which leads to more rumors around his business dealings and the state of his marriage to Madeleine.
-Huge party for Daniel's 50th birthday, possible honors from the King to celebrate.
-New group photos released around Christmas with all of the grandchildren, including the new baby from CP and Sofia.
-Yet another new set of stones for Sofia's tiara is debuted...possibly amethysts or garnets.

Luxembourg
-A girl for Stephanie and Guillaume.
-Maria Terese officially steps away from royal life and duties.
-Rumors of a new girlfriend for Louis but nothing confirmed.

Monaco
-Charlene appears to be pretty reclusive. Very few public appearances and the ones she does make are strictly stage managed.
-Engagement announcement for Jazmin and Ian early in the year, January or February.
-Rumblings of problems between Charlene and Albert's older children but these are refuted with the strategic release of photos of all four children enjoying some time together and with Charlene/Albert.

Denmark
-Huge party for Christian's 18th birthday with appearances from all of the heirs of his generation that would be of the right age (no George or Jacques).
-Rumors of the purchase of a small tiara that is earmarked for Isabella.
-Joachim and Marie begin to make the publicity rounds in the US to air their grievances. Rumors of a publishing deal for a tell all book begin to swirl.
-The family conflict continues without resolution.

Norway
-King Harald continues to be in poor health and abdication rumors swirl but no abdication just yet.
-Not much activity from Mette-Marit due to health issues of her own.
Ingrid-Alexandra steps in to become much more public following her mother's step back. Several engagements with her father, including a few fun ones with evening gowns, tiaras, etc.
-No marriage for Martha Louise and Durek. Rumors swirl of a breakup or a postponement due to disapproval from either her daughters or the family.

Netherlands
-Lots of bad press about Alexia, rumors of attitude, being headstrong, etc.
-Alexia takes a gap year and spends a lot of it in Argentina.
-CA stays close to home and continues her studies quietly.

UK
-No appearances from Andrew or the Sussexes at the coronation. Lots of speculation about whether these were choices made by them or for them.
-The Sussexes will instead act as "royal commentators" or narrators for a Netflix special about the event.
-The coronation gives us at least one really fun tiara and jewels event leading to tiara appearances for Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise (her first!), and maybe even Sophie Windsor and Gabriella Kingston.
-A pregnancy announcement for James and Alizee Middleton in early spring with the baby arriving in October. A boy.
-A fourth and final pregnancy from Pippa and James Matthews becomes obvious later in the year, maybe October/November, with the baby coming in early 2024. Another boy.
-Lots of appearances from the Wales children during the coronation and again at child friendly events throughout the summer.
-Announcement of a second pregnancy for Eugenie and Jack very early in the year with the baby born in late spring. Another boy.
-Announcement of a second pregnancy for Beatrice and Edo in the fall with the baby born in early spring 2024. A boy.
-Engagement announced for Peter and Lindsay in the late summer or early fall. Possibly September. Likely a few strategic photos showing Lindsay being welcomed by Peter's family and cousins at a polo match or horse event.
-Edinburgh title is passed to the Wessexes just before the coronation with a public statement noting that it was the wish of the late Queen and DoE but that King Charles fully supports it and appreciates their contributions.
-Dating rumors for Lady Louise.
-Quiet engagement announcement for Autumn Phillips.
-More inclusion of Queen Camilla's children and grandchildren. Possibly a family friendly engagement including them along with the Wales family.
-Possibility that we see Lady Louise join the Princess of Wales at one or more early childhood events as she is eased into a handful of light engagements.
-Big PR push and focus on family unity and warmth. Sarah is back at Sandringham, cousins playing together at polo matches, possibly photos of Bea's kids playing with the Tindall and Wales kids, etc.
-Much of the drama surrounding the Sussexes becomes background noise and old news as the year unfolds until speculation and rumors later in the year about the state of their marriage.
-Possibility that Tim Laurence makes a few more public appearances with Princess Anne and begins to play a little larger role in the public side of things.

Last edited:
Sweden
-A fourth and final baby for CP and Sofia, another boy. Pregnancy announced in the spring with the baby coming later in the year, maybe November.
-Very few appearances by Chris which leads to more rumors around his business dealings and the state of his marriage to Madeleine.
-Huge party for Daniel's 50th birthday, possible honors from the King to celebrate.
-New group photos released around Christmas with all of the grandchildren, including the new baby from CP and Sofia.
-Yet another new set of stones for Sofia's tiara is debuted...possibly amethysts or garnets.

Luxembourg
-A girl for Stephanie and Guillaume.
-Maria Terese officially steps away from royal life and duties.
-Rumors of a new girlfriend for Louis but nothing confirmed.

Monaco
-Charlene appears to be pretty reclusive. Very few public appearances and the ones she does make are strictly stage managed.
-Engagement announcement for Jazmin and Ian early in the year, January or February.
-Rumblings of problems between Charlene and Albert's older children but these are refuted with the strategic release of photos of all four children enjoying some time together and with Charlene/Albert.

Denmark
-Huge party for Christian's 18th birthday with appearances from all of the heirs of his generation that would be of the right age (no George or Jacques).
-Rumors of the purchase of a small tiara that is earmarked for Isabella.
-Joachim and Marie begin to make the publicity rounds in the US to air their grievances. Rumors of a publishing deal for a tell all book begin to swirl.
-The family conflict continues without resolution.

Norway
-King Harald continues to be in poor health and abdication rumors swirl but no abdication just yet.
-Not much activity from Mette-Marit due to health issues of her own.
Ingrid-Alexandra steps in to become much more public following her mother's step back. Several engagements with her father, including a few fun ones with evening gowns, tiaras, etc.
-No marriage for Martha Louise and Durek. Rumors swirl of a breakup or a postponement due to disapproval from either her daughters or the family.

Netherlands
-Lots of bad press about Alexia, rumors of attitude, being headstrong, etc.
-Alexia takes a gap year and spends a lot of it in Argentina.
-CA stays close to home and continues her studies quietly.

UK
-No appearances from Andrew or the Sussexes at the coronation. Lots of speculation about whether these were choices made by them or for them.
-The Sussexes will instead act as "royal commentators" or narrators for a Netflix special about the event.
-The coronation gives us at least one really fun tiara and jewels event leading to tiara appearances for Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, and maybe even Sophie Windsor and Gabriella Kingston.
-A pregnancy announcement for James and Alizee Middleton in early spring with the baby arriving in October. A boy.
-A fourth and final pregnancy from Pippa and James Matthews becomes obvious later in the year, maybe October/November, with the baby coming in early 2024. Another boy.
-Lots of appearances from the Wales children during the coronation and again at child friendly events throughout the summer.
-Announcement of a second pregnancy for Eugenie and Jack very early in the year with the baby born in late spring. Another boy.
-Announcement of a second pregnancy for Beatrice and Edo in the fall with the baby born in early spring 2024. A boy.
-Engagement announced for Peter and Lindsay in the late summer or early fall. Possibly September. Likely a few strategic photos showing Lindsay being welcomed by Peter's family and cousins at a polo match or horse event.
-Edinburgh title is passed to the Wessexes just before the coronation with a public statement noting that it was the wish of the late Queen and DoE but that King Charles fully supports it and appreciates their contributions.
-Dating rumors for Lady Louise.
-Quiet engagement announcement for Autumn Phillips.
-More inclusion of Queen Camilla's children and grandchildren. Possibly a family friendly engagement including them along with the Wales family.
-Possibility that we see Lady Louise join the Princess of Wales at one or more early childhood events as she is eased into a handful of light engagements.
-Big PR push and focus on family unity and warmth. Sarah is back at Sandringham, cousins playing together at polo matches, possibly photos of Bea's kids playing with the Tindall and Wales kids, etc.
-Much of the drama surrounding the Sussexes becomes background noise and old news as the year unfolds until speculation and rumors later in the year about the state of their marriage.
-Possibility that Tim Laurence makes a few more public appearances with Princess Anne and begins to play a little larger role in the public side of things.

And what are your predictions for the Spanish Royal Family?

And what are your predictions for the Spanish Royal Family?

To be honest I rarely pay much attention to the Spanish Royal Family. While I could certainly speculate that there will be continued gossip about the relationship between the two Queens and continued legal trouble for the ex-King, neither of these would be particularly unexpected. I do think there will be quite a lot of gossip if the heir misses yet another big birthday bash (Christian's, in this case) but we'll have to wait and see if she attends this time.

To be honest I rarely pay much attention to the Spanish Royal Family. While I could certainly speculate that there will be continued gossip about the relationship between the two Queens and continued legal trouble for the ex-King, neither of these would be particularly unexpected. I do think there will be quite a lot of gossip if the heir misses yet another big birthday bash (Christian's, in this case) but we'll have to wait and see if she attends this time.

Yes, I'm also curious if Leonor will be at Christian's 18th birthday party.
If Christian throws a party like the one Ingrid Alexandra had this year, it will be curious to know whether Leonor will want to go to the party.

I don't see Princess Leonor attending any "bash" before she turns 18 (which is about two weeks after Christian) or, maybe, not even before she turns 21.

Besides, in the second half of 2023, Leonor will be back in Spain after graduating from Atlantic College in Wales and will be most likely in the military academy before she heads out later to university. If Christian's bash is in the middle of the semester, I don't see how she can take the time to attend.

I am looking forward though to seeing Leonor with a steady boyfriend. And I am also looking forward to her first tiara appearance, which will not be on a birthday gala, but probably on an incoming state visit from another European monarchy (maybe Belgium or the Netherlands).

Last edited:
I don't see Princess Leonor attending any "bash" before she turns 18 (which is about two weeks after Christian) or, maybe, not even before she turns 21.

Besides, in the second half of 2023, Leonor will be back in Spain after graduating from Atlantic College in Wales and will be most likely in the military academy before she heads out later to university. If Christian's bash is in the middle of the semester, I don't see how she can take the time to attend.

I am looking forward though to seeing Leonor with a steady boyfriend. And I am also looking forward to her first tiara appearance, which will not be on a birthday gala, but probably on an incoming state visit from another European monarchy (maybe Belgium or the Netherlands).

Leonor will probably be back in Spain at the end of June, when she will finish her studies in Wales.
In October she will swear in the Spanish constitution and celebrate her birthday. She should then begin military training.
She should have the opportunity to go to Christian's birthday, but let's see if she will be there or not.

Felipe was sent on his first official foreign royal visit at the age of 16 IIRC (to South America), so I see little reason why Leonor cannot attend a royal birthday party of someone of her own age if she would be invited.

Felipe was sent on his first official foreign royal visit at the age of 16 IIRC (to South America), so I see little reason why Leonor cannot attend a royal birthday party of someone of her own age if she would be invited.

He was sent to an official visit to Colombia at the age of 16, not a birthday party. I am afraid the latter would be considered frivolous in Spain.

Besides, I don't see Leonor making a tiara debut on foreign soil. As I said, if there is an incoming state visit from a foreign European royal in 2023 and she is not at school overseas or attending "boot camp" in the military, then I think she's already old enough to be there and wear a tiara (probably the Prussian diadem), but I don't see her going to Denmark for Christian's birthday.

Just my opinion of course.

Please let' s stay on topic and do discussions elsewhere. Any time I open this thread there are certain discussions but no new predictions.
Besides: I don' t think Leonor will attend Christians inauguration because 1. She' s catholic 2. Spain and Denmark don' t have (private) connections.

I expect next year is going to be a difficult and hard year for all the monarchies in Europe.
I think we will calls for the abolishment of the monarchy in Spain, UK and the Netherlands next year.

I expect that there will be two abdication next year - Belgium and Denmark. Coronations in 2024.

Sticking to the UK royals -

I think we will see only births from the UK - Eugenie's probably in May, Beatrice announcement at the end of the year and Kate birth in the year as well.

I don't think that Peter will get engaged _ personally I think the relationship has cooled off a bit - but maybe from Earl Snowdon.

I expect there is going to be lots of problems for Charles this year - not just from Harry. There is going to be a few books and there is an news story that is currently been held. So it is going to be a bumpy ride for his first year. There is going to be a commonwealth tour - Canada, Australia, Kenya and Botswana.
I expect Harry possible back in the family fold before the end of 2023.

I expect next year is going to be a difficult and hard year for all the monarchies in Europe.
I think we will calls for the abolishment of the monarchy in Spain, UK and the Netherlands next year.

I hope not. Why should these monarchies be abolished? :ohmy:

I expect that there will be two abdication next year - Belgium and Denmark. Coronations in 2024.

Why Belgium ? King Philippe has only been reigning for 9 years and his heir Elisabeth is only 21?

And for Denmark Queen Margrethe has always said she will never abdicate. But what do i know, she might surprise everyone and make it official during her Christmas message in a few days! :lol:

'calls' are made all the time from republicans but in all three countries the monarchy is safe with the majority very much in support

Why would the King of the Belgians abdicate when he has only been king for 9 years?

Margrethe II has already said on numerous occasions that she will reign for life.

Neither Belgium not Denmark have coronations any more. The enthronement of Phillipe took place a few days after his father's abdication.

Sticking to the UK royals -

I think we will see only births from the UK - Eugenie's probably in May, Beatrice announcement at the end of the year and Kate birth in the year as well.

I agree about pregnancies for the York girls but I don't see Catherine having another baby. She is 41 in January, her youngest will be 5 in April and she is now The Princess of Wales. I am sure she and William have their family complete with their lovely three children.

I don't think that Peter will get engaged _ personally I think the relationship has cooled off a bit - but maybe from Earl Snowdon.

I don't see Peter getting married while Autumn is still living on the Gatcombe estate (I believe still largely in the marital home) unless they decide they want a child.

I also don't see the Earl Snowdon remarrying at all.

I expect there is going to be lots of problems for Charles this year - not just from Harry. There is going to be a few books and there is an news story that is currently been held. So it is going to be a bumpy ride for his first year. There is going to be a commonwealth tour - Canada, Australia, Kenya and Botswana.[/quote[

I do think Charles will have a rough year - largely caused by outside forces but he will be fine. The public in the UK largely supports the royal family.

I expect Harry possible back in the family fold before the end of 2023.

I don't. He won't leave Meghan as he is too stubborn and after what he has said he will need a massive 'mea culpa' apology to the family and to the nation of the UK for that to happen and I don't see him having the character to do that.

He is better off in the US with his wife and children. Maybe, in time, like the late Duke of Windsor, he will be able to make the occasional private visit to his father and cousins but nothing official.

Why is it so hard to think that DK might have a "step-down" of the monarch. Maybe she saw the toll waiting so long took on Charles waiting until his late 70s to be monarch. Maybe she isn't feeling all that well anymore. Maybe she finally realizes that a younger royal couple is more conducive to moving the monarchy forward and keeping it relevant. I mean let's be honest, Mary and Frederik have been doing the heavy lifting for years now.

So a prediction for 2023 of her stepping aside so Frederik can ascend is not totally out of the realm of possibility. Just because she's said she will have to be pried off the throne for years, does not mean things cannot change. She cannot control her health, her aging or her stamina either.

Why is it so hard to think that DK might have a "step-down" of the monarch. Maybe she saw the toll waiting so long took on Charles waiting until his late 70s to be monarch. Maybe she isn't feeling all that well anymore. Maybe she finally realizes that a younger royal couple is more conducive to moving the monarchy forward and keeping it relevant. I mean let's be honest, Mary and Frederik have been doing the heavy lifting for years now.

So a prediction for 2023 of her stepping aside so Frederik can ascend is not totally out of the realm of possibility. Just because she's said she will have to be pried off the throne for years, does not mean things cannot change. She cannot control her health, her aging or her stamina either.

Because Margrethe like Elizabeth II has said no.

Nothing wrong with waiting for throne. More freedom to do projects when not on throne.

Thats what regents are for

Please let' s stay on topic and do discussions elsewhere. Any time I open this thread there are certain discussions but no new predictions.
Besides: I don' t think Leonor will attend Christians inauguration because 1. She' s catholic 2. Spain and Denmark don' t have (private) connections.

What 'inauguration' are you thinking of? Unlike Leonor he is not the heir to the throne. That is his father. Although in most countries the word 'inauguration' seems to be reserved for a new monarch ascending the throne. Not someone in the line of succession becoming of age.

And, I don't see why Catholics cannot join a birthday party. The Roman Catholic Belgians (including Elisabeth) and Luxembourgians (including Charles) were present at Ingrid-Alexandra's festivities.

And why would Felipe be Vincent's godfather if there are no connections between the royal houses? While I agree it seems the connections aren't as strong as between some other royal houses, 'no connections' doesn't seem to be the case either. And festivities like these are perfect opportunities for the young future monarchs to get to know each other better.

I feel pity for Christian with him being the only male heir to the throne.
Godparents are often only for political reasons to strenghten the relationships between the countries. Charles f.i. is godfather to MO of Greece but that' s it. Or Victoria to Eleonore of Belgium. It' s just symbolic.
And I think Leonor won' t have as big celebration as Elisabeth or Ingrid. The Spanish royal family never celebrates birthdays or so and since the monarchy in Spain is IMO not very stable they prefer to stay under the radar. They IMO won' t therefore invite the other heirs to Leonor' s big day and that' s IMO one reason she won' t attend in Denmark.
But let' s wait and see....

(....)

Well, he has George in his generation. Their fathers also have similar age gap as them. There'a also Charles and Jacques, though the latter is the heir and not the heir's heir like the other three.

Godparents are often only for political reasons to strenghten the relationships between the countries. Charles f.i. is godfather to MO of Greece but that' s it. Or Victoria to Eleonore of Belgium. It' s just symbolic.
And I think Leonor won' t have as big celebration as Elisabeth or Ingrid. The Spanish royal family never celebrates birthdays or so and since the monarchy in Spain is IMO not very stable they prefer to stay under the radar. They IMO won' t therefore invite the other heirs to Leonor' s big day and that' s IMO one reason she won' t attend in Denmark.
But let' s wait and see....

Christian is no different to what CP Victoria was a few years ago - she was the only Crown Princess whilst Frederick, Felipe, Willem-Alexander, Haakon, Charles, Guillame etc were (and is some cases still) Crown Princes

We have no idea if the Danish and Spanish CP and regent couples are close. If they are, I think we'll see Leonor there, and vice-versa.

I think a lot won't change for the Royals in 2023. The only exception is I believe Haakon will ascend the throne in Norway - either by the demise of Harald or he will abdicate due to his worsening health.

I think Gui and Stephanie will have another boy; Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie will announce pregnancies and William and Catherine will take on more duties to help the workload of Charles.

Philippe of Belgium has just entered his 60's and seems in very good health. Crown Princess Elisabeth is only 21 and hasn't completed her education.

Unless there is some unforeseen catastrophe, there will be no abdication in Belgium anytime soon.

ETA: I had hoped Gui and Stephanie were having a daughter, but I agree with CrownPrincessJava.
Lately I have a strong hunch that it's another boy.

Last edited:

UK, Luxembourg, Monaco, Lichtenstein? During his reign probably the European monarch will be 50/50 regarding the sex.

It will be a big BIG surprise if Philippe abdicates. He might be not the most popular monarch with highest support but I see no reason for him to abdicates. The only monarch I can see a possible abdication in maybe next 5-10 years would be Luxembourg. The current Scandinavian monarchs would probably just serve the countries til their death. Maybe we will see regents like the Lichtenstein in certain point but an official abdication? I don't think so.

While I want to see Leonor join Christian's birthday gala, I think it's very possible that the SRF would like to save her first tiara/gala appearance/oversea engagement for something more related to their country. (But seriously at this point we still don't know how big the party would be, considering that his father's (even as the first in line) didn't invite many foreign guests I've prepared myself for a gala with no heir/ess counterparts:ninja:

I hope at least we'll get an official portrait with tiara for Leonor's 18th birthday but probably I could only dream. Her parents only had the first (and only) portrait couple years after the enthronement so I doubt she will have hers for the birthday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom