Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 18: November 2020 - May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 18 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 17: June 2019 - November 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Princess Charlene presented Christmas presents at the Princely Palace today, December 16, with an extraordinary new hairstyle!

Me, personally, I'm rather shocked than excited! ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And Charlene at the christening of a new police boat:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Princess Charlene's hairstyle is horrible,looks silly and her outfit is equally as horrible.Time to change her stylist.

Princess Charlene presented Christmas presents at the Princely Palace today, December 16, with an extraordinary new hairstyle!

** Pic **

In the name of God! Has she lost her mind? Mother and daughters boots are also horrendous.

Good for her. I think the haircut suits her. She's challenging preconceived notions on what a princess should look like and I admire her for that.

I LOVE IT! Charlene is having fun for a change. I feel that she is just fine in 2020, being herself and loving life. And Punk is always about that.

Last edited:
the trend of an undercut is technically over for years and yet... she does it. while i have both my sides shaven and have blue/green hair, i think for a princess it's a big no... and I don't think it suits her. maybe her kids tried to style her and got ahold of the shearing machine:lol:

I can't help but thinking she looks like she's auditioning for an episode of the Vikings!

Personally I like that she is shattering the image of a Princess - we need more people breaking the mould. However, I dont know her personality much, and I think you need a really strong personality to pull that hairstyle off :)

Although I am not opposed to a really cool/hip haircut, especially a short one, this IMO does not do Charlene any justice. The cut itself seems very haphazard, like one of the twins cut it.

Oh dear! And that is about all I can muster!

I have no problem with her doing something daring "for a princess" or a 40 year old but I don't think it looks good on her at all. It looks like she's trying to hard to shock rather than doing it for herself - even if it IS the latter.

Gosh this woman is full of contradictions. So interesting from a fashion thread point of view, but not a look thatI either like or admire.

This hair cut is appalling for a first lady. She is not even trying to represent Monaco.

I mean... you do you girl! She actually rocks the haircut quite well, even though it feels slightly dated.

I like it. Why not? If you can't experiment with your own hair when you're still young, when can you?

? ? ?... At last! A breath of fresh air!!! I can't believe she had the gutts to get herself such a bold and daring haircut!!! Are we finally getting a glimpse of a rebelious, genuine woman? The Grimaldis must be crawling up walls right now!!! Nothing Pss Caroline or Stephanie wouldn't do herselves... But HSH??? Is that woman finally going to throw cautions to the wind??? I feel like i'm looking at a teenager proclaiming her independence to her parents... A misplaced teenager, but nonetheless, genuinity!!! I like it!!!

Horrible ! What was she thinking ? Immaterial of the fact she is a reining princess, it is just ugly. How can she spoil her appearence like that ?

? ? ?... At last! A breath of fresh air!!! I can't believe she had the gutts to get herself such a bold and daring haircut!!! Are we finally getting a glimpse of a rebelious, genuine woman? The Grimaldis must be crawling up walls right now!!! Nothing Pss Caroline or Stephanie wouldn't do herselves... But HSH??? Is that woman finally going to throw cautions to the wind??? I feel like i'm looking at a teenager proclaiming her independence to her parents... A misplaced teenager, but nonetheless, genuinity!!! I like it!!!

Doubt it weirded the family out, its the Grimaldis after all lol. Also Charlene is an Aquarius Sun (like Caroline and Stephanie, whos Moon is also in Aquarius) and has a Leo moon (Stephanies Ascendent is in Leo), this haircut is not surprising at all to me ;)

Last edited:

** Pic **

Maybe she can wear the beret she spotted in the picture above from now in both inside and outside?

One word : no!!!
I even not go into the suitable or non suitable discussion for a reigning Princess consort..
Simply for a woman in her age, ugly, and not elegant. I am speechless.
And you know what? I would even prefer a total bald, like princess Caroline years ago, or Demi Moor in the movie..
But this half finished, is like she had skin issues in some parts of her head.
The soonest is grows, the better is.

I don't mind if anyone wants to cut his or her hair the way she did. But usually someone does this to make a statement. Not because to look better! No one looks better with a haircut like this, certainly not 40 years old.
Is she doing this because she feels imprisoned? and this is one of the ways she can break out:ermm:
Wonder what her husband thinks of it.
So for me the question is not is it nice or not but WHY?
(..)than this " I don't care about anyone and anything haircut"

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I don't completely agree with the hairstyle; I admire her for breaking away with tradition. It suits her and in some photos it emphasises her beautiful eyes. Anyway it's not the end of the world. Her hair will grow again in a short time.

I don't mind if anyone wants to cut his or her hair the way she did. But usually someone does this to make a statement. Not because to look better! No one looks better with a haircut like this, certainly not 40 years old.
Is she doing this because she feels imprisoned? and this is one of the ways she can break out:ermm:
Wonder what her husband thinks of it.
So for me the question is not is it nice or not but WHY?
(..) than this " I don't care about anyone and anything haircut"

Feeling like a prisoner breaking free :ohmy::lol:

It's a hair cut people. The beauty of hair it grows back and usually quickly. Its not like she got a face tattoo or altered her body in some severe way.

Maybe she has this crazy idea that a Princes is more then ball gowns, pearls and curly hair with tiaras. You know a modern princess, not fairy tale?

I think its awful. But seriously nothing earth shattering and scandalous.

Try a new hair cut (and the result isn't good). That's it. (And it may happen on you or me.)

While I don't like it, it's very "Charlene", she is a pretty edgy person after all.

Last edited:
Thank goodness we have the Princess of Hanover as the reigning best dressed Princely lady of Monaco ,Charlene's fashion and style has been on a downward spiral and its now hit rock bottom.

No comment from me on the hairstyle but does anyone have any information on the print Coat she is wearing at this event? I would like to see a full picture of it. I hear it may be by Dior, not sure?

I can't help but thinking she looks like she's auditioning for an episode of the Vikings!
I thought of Gary Oldman's role, The Fifth Element!
OK, we all know she's not a conventional royal and if Stephanie would have done it nobody would have blinked an eye, in general I don't mind an undercut for women, there are a few nice celebrity examples (eg Scarlett Johansson) but in this case, Charlene doesn't have the hair structure to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom