Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 16: May 2021 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gala-sneakers?
Don't despair, they are in the paper edition of BB today. To be marveled at and downloaded at your leisure later.

No, I'm wondering if he has more than one pair. They look good on him!

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia at the „Order of the Civil Merit" ceremony at the Royal Palace today:

** Leonor ** Sofia ** gallery **

Last edited:
Leonor and Sofia look really lovely but much prefer the look on the Princess of Asturias ,the colour is really beautiful.

That is a beautiful dress on Leonor. Color, cut, and style. She looks lovely, graceful, elegant and mature but still youthful. 10/10, and maybe a sign she'll wear these more muted colors very nicely. And her poor knee.

Sofia looks fine but deliberately much younger and the two shades of pink are not nearly so flattering by comparison.

That's quite a difference with Leonor being presented as an older teenager and Sofia as a younger one (next to the type of dress also the heels vs no heels (happy to see that they don't push them to young into heels)). I do think the cut is a bit to tight on Leonor but it's interesting to see how she has suddenly been moving from child to adolescent in her recent appearances.

Looks like Leonor is wearing the same shoes as her mother - with slightly lower heels.

Last edited:
That's quite a difference with Leonor being presented as an older teenager and Sofia as a younger one (next to the type of dress also the heels vs no heels (happy to see that they don't push them to young into heels)). I do think the cut is a bit to tight on Leonor but it's interesting to see how she has suddenly been moving from child to adolescent in her recent appearances.

Looks like Leonor is wearing the same shoes as her mother - with slightly lower heels.

My thoughts exactly on the older teenager/young woman look for Leonor versus the younger teenager/tween look for Sofia.

I love Leonor's dress and look! Quite sophisticated and elegant.

Sofia's dress - the less said, the better.

I think this is the first dress we have ever really seen Leonor in where she is obviously presented as having the shape of a young woman and not disguised as a child.

Was getting confirmed all it took? She and Sofia will no longer be twinning? We've crossed into a new era?

(If this were the 19th century, Leo would suddenly have her hair up... or maybe that would wait to 16. :lol:)

Last edited:
What a well-turned-out family. I liked both dresses on the Spanish Princesses. Sofia's dress is very similar to one that Leanor wore a few years ago (I believe Leanor's was a blue pattern, with navy detailing).

Poor Leonor, she likely was injured just before the ceremony. No time for a band-aid.

Hmm...i prefer the bright pink summer look of Sofia. There is something "off" about the fit of Leo's dress to me.

I really like Sofia's pink dress, but it doesn't look like something she chose to me. During the past year or so, it has become evident that Sofia likes less "cutesy" clothes than Leonor. Both are fine, maybe it's just me, but to me this dress doesn't read "Sofia style".

I also don't quite get why Leonor is now apparently being dressed as "the older teenage girl" and Sofia as the "young teen." I know Leonor is the heiress, but Sofia is only one and a half years younger, so I don't get the idea of dressing her much younger.

Leonor's dress is nice, though I'd change the sleeves. I love Sofia's flats - her flats are usually fun - and overall, both girls look lovely, as they always do.

I like Eloise's light blue outfit, especially the trousers. Like others, I don't like the boots, but fun for a 19-year-old girl, I guess ;) Eloise really looks like a mixture of her mother & her grandmother to me ?

Leonor is wearing a dress from a Seville brand called Vogana. The dress itself is named "Vitoria".
Source: https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...ntrega-merito-civil-medallas-sofia-rosa/50478

The dress cost 259 euros.
Source: https://www.hola.com/moda/actualida...-azul-hombreras-aniversario-proclamacion-rey/

Yes, they are the same shoes but with slightly lower heels from Carolina Herrera. Letizia has 7 pairs with different colors I believe.

I also don't quite get why Leonor is now apparently being dressed as "the older teenage girl" and Sofia as the "young teen." I know Leonor is the heiress, but Sofia is only one and a half years younger, so I don't get the idea of dressing her much younger.

Almost certainly because Leonor is now post-confirmation, which seems to have been the traditional dividing line between royal child- and adulthood (and is also going abroad to school in a few months). She is and Sofia is not, so the twinning seems to be slowing or stopping.

That's my best explanation. It's not Sofia who is dressed much younger; she's the same. It's Leonor who is suddenly dressed more maturely.

They are dressed nicely, but it is not the typical attire for a soccer match.

These are Princes, you know!;)

Prince Christian has time to “wear the look” of an older person. He is still young. I look at it this way, he is clean, smiling, working with his parents and the Queen. He is not a trouble maker, druggie nor drinks as far as the public knows. Let him have his longer hair for a while he is a good son, grandson and figure for teens of his country. It’s okay fo everyone to include Christian to have their own opinion. If the hair was a big issue, I am sure the Queen along with his parents would be making the issue to him.
I don´t think the problem is "longer hair" - his cousin Nicolai always looked gorgeous with even much longer hair. The problem is rather his middle parting hairdo - 1990s indeed...!:whistling: Only very few people can "afford" to wear middle parting hairdos and still look good. A side parting with his hair combed much more to the forehead would suit him muchbetter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t think the problem is "longer hair" - his cousin Nicolai always looked gorgeous with even much longer hair. The problem is rather his middle parting hairdo - 1990s indeed...!:whistling: Only very few people can "afford" to wear middle parting hairdos and still look good. A side parting with his hair combed much more to the forehead would suit him muchbetter.

This. I think if Christian wants to grow his hair out more, that might work, but the 90's-esque style (and center parting) just doesn't flatter him. But he's very young and figuring all this out. Let's see what high school does.

Yeah, Christian's dad and uncle had their first sweethearts in high school. Nothing as convincing like a girl playing with one's hair - "This really suits you" to change the hairstyle... :D

I think both lovely young ladies are better dressed than they have been in awhile. Leonor's dress fits and it is a very good color for her. She is wearing short heels and that adds a little older touch to the outfit. Sophia's dress is younger looking and is age appropiate.

Hmm...i prefer the bright pink summer look of Sofia. There is something "off" about the fit of Leo's dress to me.

I prefer Sofia’s look here, as well. To me it’s not too young looking or cutesy, but rather a great 60s style dress, and very much in keeping with what seems to be Sofia’s developing style. Leonor’s dress is at least appropriate for her age (praise the lord) but it’s a tight fit through the torso and not especially flattering. I preferred the confirmation dress - it didn’t fit perfectly, either, but that shade of blue was beautiful and looked great on her.

Christian and Sofia should both take a page out of Leonor’s book and cut their hair. Her current length is much nicer on her than the limp hair in her face or overdone beauty pageant ringlets we’ve seen over the past few years. Sofia’s hair is a beautiful colour, and has often seemed healthier than her sister’s - a shoulder length blunt cut would look great on her, as would a bob.

Like most people, Christian would look better with a side part. And I think the more traditional haircuts he wore when he was younger were a better look for him. But I’ve seen kids around his age with similar styles recently, so I guess it’s a thing?

For me the difference on dress between Leon or and Sofia was just too obvious.
In my opinion Leonor's dress was far to mature for her. The Queen should have worn Leonor's dress and vice versa.

I wonder if there is some teenage jealousy over the fact that Leonor can wear heels but Sofia cannot. It seems silly to dress them so dissimilar when there is very little difference on age between the two young ladies.

I doubt there is jealousy over heels. I think Sofia wears flats because she wants to. For example, Leonor got her ears pierced many years ago, while Sofia still haven't pierced hers, which indicates she isn't ready yet/doesn't want to. Based on her style, Sofia doesn't seem to follow the cutesy-princessy trends.

About the dresses. Dressing like a teenager is tough. Most clothes are either child-like or too mature. It is difficult to find something nice in between. I struggled with that too during my teens.

I really like Leonor’s look. She looks beautiful in blue and the dress is sophisticated enough for a teen. Also her hair has been styled a bit as opposed to Sofia’s which is just long and straight - very healthy looking and typical teen. Due to Sofia’s height and facial features she sometimes looks like the older sister. Perhaps this was a definite attempt to make sure that Leonor looks older at this event. From videos I’ve seen, I love Sofia’s personality and would imagine that she is trying to distinguish herself as different from her sister as all younger sisters do.

George and Charlotte both look cute and casual for the event. I particularly like Charlotte’s pink shoes and top.

The twins look cute too.

In Spain, a 14-year-old girl does not wear heels; Leonor's small heels that she has only been wearing for a year and on rare occasions, are perfect for a teenager.
It is normal for Leonor to dress differently because she is a teenager and Sofía a girl. In Spain a girl is always a girl, and we don't try to make them look older than they are. We extend childhood as long as we can.
Where are those who criticized that Leonor and Sofía dressed the same? Simply one girl has become a woman and another is still a girl.
They are both perfectly combed; Sofía is passionate about "straightening" her hair, and Leonor likes to try different things better, but she also wears her hair straight and a little worked on the ends. You can't spoil some girls' hair so soon.
They are both adorable. We are lucky to have two perfectly and delightfully different princesses.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte at the Run Sandringham today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4VVc8pXEAErJPM?format=jpg&name=small

and Prince Jaques with Princess Gabriella watch a rugby game

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWIxAdHE_Q/

No especially pretty appearance for children.
Like any child in any family, whatever status you have, especially Charlotte's clothes.
George a bit cheesy, just like the little girl from Monaco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Charlotte's clothes, practical and comfy but with a girly touch. George is wearing what he always wears, so nothing new here.

I like the twins' clothes. Gabriella must really like headbands. I hated them as a child, I even have pictures of me trying to remove them from my head (and my mom's angry face ahah :D)

The Cambridge kids were appropriately dressed. I believe they were attending the kick-off to a run- so comfy clothes were a must, at it goes from chilly to temperate fairly quickly. (And everyone else would be in running clothes). George is going to be tall, which is no surprise.

Jaques looked like he was having a ball. I agree that Gabriella must like headbands because I could never keep them on my daughter for more than 20 minutes. The kids running to greet the mascot was adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom