Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to admit that this outfit does make William look more "scholarly". Just needed a tweed jacket with patches on the elbows to go with that polo neck shirt. I like that kind of casual look. But.... it didn't mesh well with what Catherine was wearing at all.
You've got it nailed! Since most photos are not blown up it was a little hard to see it was velvet at all and my first thought was "the only thing missing is the leather elbow patches. Maybe that's why his wife was virtually blingless.

It was all odd. Just weird as he dressed with a distinctly autumnal vibe and his wife thought everything was coming up lilacs.

Velvet is not sustainable or good for the environment at all. I guess no one bothered to check or tell the Duke this.

I do not know if velvet is sustainable or not. However, as this was not a new velvet jacket and one that William had previously worn, I see no problem in him using it again. Reusing what you already possess had to, in my book, be far more "green" than buying something new and sustainable.

I am in the minority in liking this look. I don’t think it looks out of place. It’s quite distinctive. I’m pleased to see him wearing something a little different.

I do not know if velvet is sustainable or not. However, as this was not a new velvet jacket and one that William had previously worn, I see no problem in him using it again. Reusing what you already possess had to, in my book, be far more "green" than buying something new and sustainable.
I don't recall seeing William in this outfit before so I have no idea if it's new or not. No one is saying for him to go out and buy something new-after all he has plenty of tuxedos he could have recycled.

Things like this must be taken into consideration.

While I like the jacket and Polo neck separately they did not look good paired together but extra points for trying something new.

While I like the jacket and Polo neck separately they did not look good paired together but extra points for trying something new.

Ralph Lauren is showing the velvet dinner jacket with polo neck look, so it may be a ‘thing’ just now.

I have to admit that I appreciate that William is stepping outside his "norm" of suits and tuxedos. And he is tall enough and slender enough to pull it off. I will admit though that I have to agree that William was giving of Autumn/Winter vibes, where Catherine was definitely in the Spring category. All in all, I thought he looked pretty cool.

A commenter at TLo called Will "the world's most well-meaning Bond villain, at least", which makes me giggle.

I think I'm still on the side of "it's just so nice seeing him wear anything different", that I'll give him full marks for going outside the comfort zone.

Ah, perfection. As we can expect from Daniel, who is a perfect gentleman.
Double-breasted suit.
Lapel pin.
Discrete tie.
Neatly folded handkerchief.
Well-polished shoes.
Masculine watch.
His shirtsleeves are having the correct length beneath the sleeves of his suit, down a fraction of a millimeter.

Nothing is incorrect.
Nothing is out of order.
Nothing is inappropriate.
Not a hair is out of place.
He is truly a Son of Sweden. - :swedenflag:

:ermm::sleep::sleep::sleep: zzzzz

Sorry I fell asleep going over Daniel's fashion. He gets one point from me for wearing a burgundy tie. He must have read my post a few days ago ;)

Am I the only one who might possibly commit a small crime if it would get Dan to change his glasses? They're not terrible, but they're not flattering, or modern, or anything. I don't understand why he picked those frames, other than not to stand out.

Am I the only one who might possibly commit a small crime if it would get Dan to change his glasses? They're not terrible, but they're not flattering, or modern, or anything. I don't understand why he picked those frames, other than not to stand out.

I agree about the glasses. Something a little more modern would be great. IMO the frames are to "old" for him if that makes sense. They could be a great accessory if the frames were a bit more sleek/chic.

:previous::previous: He used to sport a more rectangular dark-rimmed pair of specs which were far more flattering. Round ones are definitely dweebish.

https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc...en+arrives+wedding+reception+dfCj54w2I5wl.jpg
http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...look-good-glasses-like-Prince-Daniel-Duke.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/6c/81/5e6c81de9f8b44c4f4be6e752c810ab5.jpg

Has some unscrupulous and nefarious person persuaded him that these actually flatter him?
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I love that he still uses wired headphones.
I'm so over it seing people with the white wireless ones in their ears.

Might it be a security thing, like other VIPs need to use older phones?

Joachim's pants do look slightly too long. I like the velvet jacket. Nice coordination with Marie's formal black velvet pant suit.

Frederik looks fantatsic. I love how the blue of his tuxedo compliments the mauve of Mary's pantsuit.

Charles has always been so elegantly and immaculately dressed, but….I have of late noticed he’s beginning to dress like a lot of elderly men do. Crumpled, mismatched, generally a bit disheveled…

Perhaps the socks were a present from the grandchildren.
Personally, I don't mind the socks, you only see them because he was sitting.

The plaid patterned suit jacket of Charles co-ordinates well with the light colored trousers.

Back
Top Bottom