Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frederik is always dressed very well whatever the occasion but he is also wearing tight pants here and is well over forty, Muhler!

Frederik is always dressed very well whatever the occasion but he is also wearing tight pants here and is well over forty, Muhler!

Tight pants have their time, just as leopard-patterned tights have on women. There comes a time when they don't work anymore...

I'm delighted that Frederik wore a double-breasted suit. ?
No tie suddenly dangling under the button. No, almost indecent exposure, of his shirt either.
Not that sure about the vertical stripes, but they may warm on me. His tie... Yeah, okay.
And now we come to his pants. They are a little bit too tight and that makes it difficult to keep wrinkles away. A pity because it disturbs the masculine linear style of a perfect fitting double breasted suit.
But he'll get their. Once he has been inside a double breasted suit - he will return. He must... :D

Then we have poor Daniel, who as we all know is a perfectly attired gentleman.
But not on this occasion. Someone forced him at gunpoint to wear what appears to be a kind of indoor anorak, without hood. You can tell how miserably he is.

Prince Nikolai attended the Cartier Clash [Un]limited launch in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, September 27:

** Pic **

At an event with the always stylish Prince Charles and the king of style James Bond, William’s unbuttoned jacket stood out [emoji23]

I'm really mad at him. Seriously; his wife puts forth that much effort, his father and stepmother are decades older and not the focus and they look great and very put together, and he can't even be bothered to do up one button, one time.

Does one need to have a refresher conversation with one's Granny about how nearly the entirety of one's purpose is to present a polished image of oneself to the public? :whistling:

Actually, I think William is a very decent, thoughtful guy who puts a lot of time and effort into his work. So I just can't understand why for want of a button, he won't fix this little thing even temporarily or let someone do it for him. Yeesh.

Yes, we are nearly all dazzled by Catherine. https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content...t-28-2021-Brett-D.-Cove-SplashNewscom-555.jpg

Is there some reason her husband and/or the schlub next to her can't be bothered to button his jacket on the same world stage? :furious: Will, sometimes you have to make the effort, too.

I'm surprised Philip didn't strike him with lightning.

I'm really mad at him. Seriously; his wife puts forth that much effort, his father and stepmother are decades older and not the focus and they look great and very put together, and he can't even be bothered to do up one button, one time.

Does one need to have a refresher conversation with one's Granny about how nearly the entirety of one's purpose is to present a polished image of oneself to the public? :whistling:

Actually, I think William is a very decent, thoughtful guy who puts a lot of time and effort into his work. So I just can't understand why for want of a button, he won't fix this little thing even temporarily or let someone do it for him. Yeesh.

Good to see strong feelings on the matter. :flowers:

Last edited:
The darker bow tie of Prince Albert II is an excellent contrast to the all white dress shirt and jacket. An all white bow tie would blend in too easily with the other whites.

A dinner jacket isn't usually an occasion to wear white tie, nor was this a white tie event.

In the middle link you can see all the actors who played Bond in a similar style wore black tie.

Last edited:
Frederik in pinstripes, the tie (nice shade of blue) is the perfect touch
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...humb.jpg.a1eee7bcf98cf88c10fb6911dcd2c33f.jpg

And not fashion per say, but how elegant in the Army uniform
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=df3e29bcc7dc0261201491174485e62c&oe=6185CDE8

Nothing better than Frederik in uniform! He always just looks so "kingly"...and dashing! ?

Like the pinstripe suit too! Very nice combination with shirt and tie!

Frederik in pinstripes, the tie (nice shade of blue) is the perfect touch
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...humb.jpg.a1eee7bcf98cf88c10fb6911dcd2c33f.jpg

And not fashion per say, but how elegant in the Army uniform
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=df3e29bcc7dc0261201491174485e62c&oe=6185CDE8
Frederik's grey pinstripe suit and slightly lighter grey tie, even with the wide cutaway shirt collar has a definite whiff of Sweden and, while you are correct the Uniform, the cut and press of said uniform, is impeccable. However, the uniform is the mark of a man and be it, Frederik, with all his medals or a sprinkling of men among the squads he reviewed, there are men who look like the uniform is the mark of a warrior. They stand straighter, their eyes are harder and sharper and they stand out in the squad.

Or, as Tom Clancy once wrote in one of his books, words to the effect that the Guards at the Palaces don't just pass their entrance exams, they are experienced in the theatre of combat to qualify as Wind Up Soldiers. Basically, what you see is not necessarily what you think you see.

A pinstripe suit is one of the most powerful suits that a man can wear.

:previous: And practical!
It's pretty cold today here.

The first days with cold weather are always the worst, then you get used to being outside in refrigerator-temperature. (Especially when a certain dog of my acquaintance insist on taking dad on an evening walk...)

Frederik looks great! Plus his smile is always a great accessory! It looks to be freezing there. He dressed perfectly for the event and the weather. lol

Back
Top Bottom