Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 7: September 2021 - July 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The velvet jacket on William looks nice IMO....but what is going on with the slippers? At least that is what they look like....all he needs is a smoking jacket and a pipe!

It's Albert slipper, traditional footwear to pair with Dinner Jackets.

I have been thinking for a long time about this: What younger primary royal male is always correctly attired and will over time fill the shoes of the Duke of Edinburgh?

And here he is: https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=294964&zoektype=2&search=16-09-2021 Sweden

Daniel of Sweden.
He is the perfectly attired younger royal gentleman. He can do no wrong. He is perfection personified.
Marvel and admire how not a single fold in his entire ensemble is wrong.
The bow-tie - Perfect.
The jacket and pants fits like a glove - perfect.
The white shirt show just the correct length of sleeve. - Perfect.
The shoes are naturally polished, black and immaculate. - Perfect.
Daniel is da man! He-who-must-be-admired. :notworthy::king3::notworthy:

He certainly deserves the title of Perfect Gentleman, considering the tremendous, and not always equally appreciated work in Sweden, that he does for the SRF. And the support he is for Victoria.

Now why did he decide to take Bernhard of all people as a style icon, I wonder?

I have been thinking for a long time about this: What younger primary royal male is always correctly attired and will over time fill the shoes of the Duke of Edinburgh?

And here he is: https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=294964&zoektype=2&search=16-09-2021 Sweden

Daniel of Sweden.
He is the perfectly attired younger royal gentleman. He can do no wrong. He is perfection personified.
Marvel and admire how not a single fold in his entire ensemble is wrong.
The bow-tie - Perfect.
The jacket and pants fits like a glove - perfect.
The white shirt show just the correct length of sleeve. - Perfect.
The shoes are naturally polished, black and immaculate. - Perfect.
Daniel is da man! He-who-must-be-admired. :notworthy::king3::notworthy:

He certainly deserves the title of Perfect Gentleman, considering the tremendous, and not always equally appreciated work in Sweden, that he does for the SRF. And the support he is for Victoria.

You may well be on to something. The Prince of Wales is always very elegantly turned out, but some of his clothes perhaps no longer fit as well and they once did, and the Prince does not appear to be willing to replace them.

Is Bernhard referring to Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands?

Yes. The late Senior. If not consciously, it really puzzles me why a handsome modern guy would want to adopt slicked hair and not-particularly flattering glasses for an image. Did I overshoot with Bernhard, and he's really aiming for Clark Kent? Who knows.

Haakon's attire is okay, but pretty dull.
Blue again-again... - sigh.
The cut of the jacket is nice though.
Brown shoes with a blue suit? No. But at least they are pretty new.
The band on the wristwatch must die! Males up until the age of eight can wear a colored band, but then it's over. It has had it's day.
It's the same thing with pacifiers, at a certain age they should be donated to the pacifier-tree. ?:xmastree:?

The only thing of interest is Haakon's tie. A pity we don't get to see it.

:previous:
The sight is a perfect cure for insomnia. Very boring.
Boring tie.
Too tight a jacket.
And there appears to be water in the basement at home where he lives, judging from the length of his trousers.
One does not wear desert boots or whatever they are, in combination with a suit, if one wish to dress like a gentleman.

But at least the band on his wristwatch is not snatched from a kindergartner.

He gets ?? from me.

Last edited:
His clothing is reminiscent of de-mob suits issued at the end of WWII and indicating the size is a bit small, the legs a little short and his Army boots need a polish. :eek:

King Philippe, wearing the most eye-catching outfit of the family today :D

** Pic **

Last edited:
King Philippe, wearing the most eye-catching outfit of the family today :D

** Pic **

Yes, there is nothing right in that outfit - at all.

I can almost hear Queen Mathilde whispering to her children: Okay, you won the bet. How did you talk dad into putting that on?!?

Yes, there is nothing right in that outfit - at all.

I can almost hear Queen Mathilde whispering to her children: Okay, you won the bet. How did you talk dad into putting that on?!?

It would have been just fine if he'd opted for regular khakis or cords or even jeans or anything that wasn't mustard-colored. :nonono:

He's taking the wrong lesson from Elizabeth II, but I'm still waiting for him to try neon green...

In the name of the Holy Teapot, his helmet is not on his head, it's on top of his head!
We had a PM here, who placed his helmet on top of his head as well, back in the 90's. From that moment on, the satirical cartoonists never depicted him without a helmet. - I fear that will be King Phillipe's fate as well.

Okay, Phil, you've forced me to it. I think the issue is not that he wears the colors, it's that he wears the wrong ones for him... and so makes us cry.

If he'd stick to, like, THESE...https://elementalcolour.com.au/blog/true-summer

I think he would be fine and we'd be admiring instead of agape. I really want to start a thread about royals and colors, actually.

Now that's more like it! ?

It's not the most exiting outfit in the world, but it's not boring either. It's well put together and it works.

The only thing to put my finger on is that he has a tendency to wear tight trousers. There comes a time, no later than around the age of 50 wear it begins to send out wrong signals. Being slim he can still get away with it, but not much longer.

It sure is!

Double-breasted suit. - Yes.
Funny tie, without going over the top. - Yes.
A nice handkerchief, rather than a boring white, too neatly folded. This is more interesting. - Yes.
The only think missing is a lapel-pin. And where is the shirtsleeve? So instead of three, he gets two :cool::cool:
Well done, Edward.

I don’t usually pay that much attention to men’s suits, but Edward wears this one really well.

And- there are some nice little touches- tie choice, handkerchief.

Back
Top Bottom