Current/Future Residences of Beatrice and Eugenie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to agree, I don't see Harry, Meghan and Archie bunking in with Jack, Eugenie and their child if the Sussexes return to the UK for a visit, unless it's a very, very short visit. I understand all the furniture and possessions of the Sussexes have been moved out and shipped to California if the press is to be believed. That means Eugenie and Jack have to move all their own furniture etc. into Frogmore Cottage. I don't know if it's really going to be a temporary home as it's conveniently a relatively short distance from where Andrew (and Sarah) reside. We'll have to see how everything plays out.

Isn't Edo a millionaire? I would assume he and Beatrice would prefer to have their own house rather than living in a grace and favo(u)r residence from the Crown Estate.

Edo is wealthy but from early on it was reported that he had moved into St James Palace with Beatrice and not the other way around and as far as we know they're still there.

There are a few reasons like security why they might like to stay there rather than somewhere else.

Isn't Edo a millionaire? I would assume he and Beatrice would prefer to have their own house rather than living in a grace and favo(u)r residence from the Crown Estate.

I thought the royals have to pay rent and utility. No grace and favour anymore.

Edo is wealthy but from early on it was reported that he had moved into St James Palace with Beatrice and not the other way around and as far as we know they're still there.

There are a few reasons like security why they might like to stay there rather than somewhere else.

Presumably he has a house or large flat of his own as he has his son living with him a lot of the time. I doubt if he's going to continue to live with Beatrice in a small royal apartment or house.. and As far as I know Beatrice does not have Royal security officers. I imagine that when they start a family they will buy a bigger place in London, and if they hire security, they wont be RPOS

Is security such a big concern for minor royals like Beatrice and Eugenie? I know things were much different in the past, but Princess Mary for example lived in the Harewood estate and there wasn't any concern she and her family would not be safe there.

Edo's family by the way owns at least two big stately homes in Italy, including the Villa Mapelli-Mozzi where Beatrice and Edo are said to have spent some time together and the question of them not being safe there was never raised.

I am just saying that Beatrice's and Eugenie's housing needs are not identical as Edo is a wealthy count whereas Jack is probably unable to afford more than a simple middle-class life on his own.

Last edited:
Andrew allegedly (used?) to pay security of Bea and Eugenie out of his own pocket once they lost their RPOs. Whether there is/was any actual danger or not be clearly felt the need. That may be one of the reasons he moved instead of her and one of the reasons Jack and Eugenie lived at Ivy Cottage and now Frogmore. Security doesn't get mentioned much unless it becomes contentious like the Sussexes and Canada/LA.

The detail that they lived together at St James (with Wolfie when Dara was away or it was Edo's turn for custody) was repeated quite a bit before their marriage along with Bea enjoying learning to be a step mother.

They might well have moved since then and may or may not have spent part of the 1st lockdown with his family in the Cotswolds.

Jack may not have been able to provide as big a theoretical home on his own budget but I don't think he's shabby in the money department either and both of them together could have come up with a nice home in a smart area, especially if they had family help. But there was already a large family home on the family estate in a very nice area that ticked all the boxes.

I thought the royals have to pay rent and utility. No grace and favour anymore.
Yes the do pay a small rent but the Crown Estates still refer to them as Grace and Favor. Just a tradition, I guess. They also now pay their own utilities but still come under the umbrella of paid security. Only the Monarchy still holds the power on who can live in each of the G & F dwellings but even the Monarch can never sell as not their personal property. I imagine that might change someday. Charles wants to slim down a lot of things so maybe Parliament will be able to make tons of millions for the government by getting rid of some of these dwellings to millionaires once the old guard are no longer around. Things are changing constantly. JMO

I would like to see Her Majesty buy something for Beatrice and Edo in London. That's just my thoughts and preference.

I would like to see Her Majesty buy something for Beatrice and Edo in London. That's just my thoughts and preference.

She has never bought a home for any of her grandchildren, even William and Kate. She didn't even buy a home for Edward and Sophie. I don't see why she would buy a home for Beatrice and Edo when she hasnt for anyone else.

Presumably he has a house or large flat of his own as he has his son living with him a lot of the time. I doubt if he's going to continue to live with Beatrice in a small royal apartment or house.. and As far as I know Beatrice does not have Royal security officers. I imagine that when they start a family they will buy a bigger place in London, and if they hire security, they wont be RPOS

Beatrice's four bedroom flat in St James is more then large enough for the three of them for now. But yes unlikely to be a long term home option.

No she doesn't have full time security, all the more reason living in the palace made sense. Living in St James has built in security that a normal flat would not have. It's why they pay lower rent then a home in that area of the city would cost normally. Due to security reasons, there is restrictions on who can rent flats in the royal palaces because of the residents.

Last edited:
Living at St James's or Windsor Park is combined with security, same as living in Kensington Palace, Buck House or other royal residences. that are things you have to organise and pay for privatly otherwise.

The world has become more dangerous again for high profile people... there are a lot of lunatics, deluded, aggressive, or other dangerous people out for 'fame'

So it makes sen

I dont see why the queen should have to pay for Bea and Edo to have a house. He is a millionaire and should be able to provide a home for his bride and to pay for security if its needed.

With Andrew sidelined and Harry gone, I still think Beatrice may be eased into royal engagements once the Covid restrictions end.

If so, perhaps she'll be allowed to take over someplace in KP?

I can understand why she'd prefer someplace with security, rather than an ordinary home. Though I do agree she and her husband would probably prefer someplace in London.

With Andrew sidelined and Harry gone, I still think Beatrice may be eased into royal engagements once the Covid restrictions end.

If so, perhaps she'll be allowed to take over someplace in KP?

I can understand why she'd prefer someplace with security, rather than an ordinary home. Though I do agree she and her husband would probably prefer someplace in London.

I dont think so. I think that Beatrice is probably ready to have her family and would not want to be tied up with royal duties.. and if she and Edo buy a big house, they can pay for their own security... or Andrew can pay.... The tax payers certainly wont want to pay and should not be asked to.. and neither IMO should the queen...

If the reason Beatrice or any other member of the BRF needs security is due to her/their connection to the BRF, assuming the Metropolitan Police concurs, then I have no problem with it being publically funded.

P.S.
Full disclosure, I am not a British taxpayer.

If the reason Beatrice or any other member of the BRF needs security is due to her/their connection to the BRF, assuming the Metropolitan Police concurs, then I have no problem with it being publically funded.

P.S.
Full disclosure, I am not a British taxpayer.

Er if you're not a British tax payer, then its not for you to say. The British public DO have a say and they certianly dont want to pay for B's security. She and Eugenie had their Royal Protection officers withdrawn some years ago... and its not likely that that's going to change...

I think this is a cost saving idea through the whole family - I wouldn't be surprised with other royals (Andrew, Edward and the Kents, Gloucester's etc. are also moved into smaller properties.) They are currently receiving a lot of slack about the property that they have and it seems best if the monarchy are seeing as tightening their belts.
Maybe it will even affect William, Charles and Anne who knows.

She has never bought a home for any of her grandchildren, even William and Kate. She didn't even buy a home for Edward and Sophie. I don't see why she would buy a home for Beatrice and Edo when she hasnt for anyone else.

[....]

Didn't the Queen pay for Sunninghill Park as a gift to the Duke of York?

I always thought she gifted Anne and first husband their home announced at their wedding and also Edward's home. Don't recall any of the grandchildren receiving a home. Instead they were given a place to live from the Crown Estate. I have been trying to locate articles on Internet about these homes. I am hoping some younger and Internet savy can locate and tell us.

I always thought she gifted Anne and first husband their home announced at their wedding and also Edward's home. .

Edward's Home belongesto the Crown Estatea nd he a longtrime lease on it the same as Andrew has to the Royal Lodge. So no gift to Edward.

Edward's Home belongesto the Crown Estatea nd he a longtrime lease on it the same as Andrew has to the Royal Lodge. So no gift to Edward.

The Grandchildren haven't been given homes, Harry got Frogmore becuase he was a working royal who had just got married.. I think that Anmer was privately purchased by Charles for William. But the queen isn't going to shell out for houses for all her grandchildren....

The Grandchildren haven't been given homes, Harry got Frogmore becuase he was a working royal who had just got married.. I think that Anmer was privately purchased by Charles for William. But the queen isn't going to shell out for houses for all her grandchildren....

I thought Amner Hall was part of the Sandringham I seem to remember a story that the tenants didn't get the lease renewed and it went to William.

Anmer Hall has been part of the Sandringham estate since 1896 so there was no need for Charles to buy it since it already belonged to the family.

Just to add, the leases on Royal Lodge (Andrew) and Bagshot Park (Edward) were acquired by the family at a market rate from the Crown Estate. These are not, in any way, grace and favour or "free" homes.

Anmer Hall has been part of the Sandringham estate since 1896 so there was no need for Charles to buy it since it already belonged to the family.

well then, the queen didn't buy a house for William. he was given a property already on the Sandringham estate. I dont see why the queen's expectd to buy houses for Bea and Edo

well then, the queen didn't buy a house for William. he was given a property already on the Sandringham estate. I dont see why the queen's expectd to buy houses for Bea and Edo

Why would she buy the future King a house when he is going to inherit Balmoral castle and Sandringham estate with the use of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace!

As for the Queen buying properties for her other grandchildren, why wouldn't she, the queen can afford to give as a gift Houses for her grandchildren so who are we to say she shouldn't do that.

When Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother passed away she did sit up trusts for all her great-grandchildren not only the ones who are going to be the future monarchs!

Why would she buy the future King a house when he is going to inherit Balmoral castle and Sandringham estate with the use of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace!

As for the Queen buying properties for her other grandchildren, why wouldn't she, the queen can afford to give as a gift Houses for her grandchildren so who are we to say she shouldn't do that.

When Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother passed away she did sit up trusts for all her great-grandchildren not only the ones who are going to be the future monarchs!

The point is she hasn't. Harry? No. Zara? No. Peter? No. So why would she suddenly start with Beatrice and Eugenie when none of the others got one?

There is no saying the queen won't do up trust funds for her grandchildren. But emphasis on your own word 'when she passed'. Her estate is another matter.

She did indeed Duc. She bought her SON a house.

But my post you responded to said 'no Grandchildren' had been bought a house.

I brought up Edward as he was treated more like a grandchild. He wasn't purchased a house like Andrew or Anne. Charles wasn't either but he had the Duchy of Cornwall, as well as homes from his grandmother.

Last edited:
I brought up Edward as he was treated more like a grandchild. He wasn't purchased a house like Andrew or Anne. Charles wasn't either but he had the Duchy of Cornwall, as well as homes from his grandmother.

A long term lease was secured on Bagshot Park for Edward and his family by the Queen.

A long term lease was secured on Bagshot Park for Edward and his family by the Queen.

While it was secured, the house wasn't gifted to them. They do not own it. They pay an annual lease on the property. They can not sell the property like Andrew did with Sunnyhill. Or Anne could have with Gatcombe if she chose. There is a big difference between securing him a lease, and buying him a house out right.

Back
Top Bottom