Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 2: Sep 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doubtful. Very Doubtful. I'd bet The Mirror is just looking for clicks.
I could see her wanting that, She has always 'to me' been more like her Parents in that respect, than Beatrice.

But I can t see Charles, OR William giving the go ahead.

The charities they have detailed are organisations she already represents. Not sure what the story is other than she is coming back to the UK to live, and maybe wants to spend a bit more time with her charities. It doesn't necessarily mean that she will be doing royal duties. I would have thought Beatrice would have been first choice if either of them.

The charities they have detailed are organisations she already represents. Not sure what the story is other than she is coming back to the UK to live, and maybe wants to spend a bit more time with her charities. It doesn't necessarily mean that she will be doing royal duties. I would have thought Beatrice would have been first choice if either of them.

Me too.
Lately Beatrice has been attracting some attention as her fashion choices generate public interest and approval.

Also, she and Edo are often photographed attending society events; they are becoming increasingly well-known.
It wouldn't surprise me if Beatrice does take on a (limited) role as a working royal.

Can't see it happening. If they become working royals they are entitled to tax payers cash, being on the balcony etc and the public do not want to pay for them, it's as simple as that. Let's face it, I live in the UK and the lack of royals doing stuff doesn't impact on anyone's life at all, it actually shows that we can live without royals perfectly well.

There is nothing to stop non working members of the family from being on hte balcony

There is nothing to stop non working members of the family from being on hte balcony

I agree with that but there seems to be the new rules, done to spare Andrew and Harry's blushes at being excluded.

Last edited:
It does seem that there is lower pubic support for the RF amongst the younger generation

Nothing different then she already does. Her and Beatrice have had a dozen patronages for years. Charles has no say at all. As long as they are not asking for funding which they have never received.

Would be pretty petty to say the least if Charles protested his nieces doing charity work on their own time and dime.

She does have a career in London. Maybe here is a shocker, despite the clickbait title, she is coming home as she is coming off maternity leave and will be spending more time at her gallery job. It was always said when they moved to Portugal they would split their time.

Tabloids just making drama.

Me too.
Lately Beatrice has been attracting some attention as her fashion choices generate public interest and approval.

Also, she and Edo are often photographed attending society events; they are becoming increasingly well-known.
It wouldn't surprise me if Beatrice does take on a (limited) role as a working royal.

Beatrice and her husband have not put a foot wrong. They are elegant and discreet. She could only be an asset if she took on any official roles.

Beatrice and her husband have not put a foot wrong. They are elegant and discreet. She could only be an asset if she took on any official roles.

Edo may be on social media in a limited way, but I don’t believe Beatrice is.
Eugenie is much more ‘out there.’ This reticence would serve Beatrice well if she does become more royally visible.

There is one thing - the will of the King.

Whereas Elizabeth II was happy to have everyone she regarded as family on the balcony Charles III has a different view - the balcony is for working members only and the children of The Prince of Wales. He now makes the 'rules' and that seems to be his way of doing things. Don't forget he didn't even have spouses of the extended family attending the coronation so people like Lord Frederick had to go alone.

We all know the reason that ruling was brought in, lets not kid ourselves. It was a way to resolve an awkward situation. It came in when QE11 was still on the throne.

We all know that Charles has wanted a smaller royal family for years. We know that the visual of all the extended family on the balcony was something he didn't support. In the end he was able to convince the late Queen that it was the way forward - he may have used the excuse of Harry and Andrew but he wanted that image and will keep to it.

Other than the coronation events (two of them for Elizabeth II's non-working royal descendants and one for others) the rest of the royal family haven't been doing anything official. Normally they would be credited with Trooping but not this year and there is no evidence that they even attended - not just didn't appear on the balcony but didn't attend the event at all unlike last year when they attended but didn't go onto the balcony and we have the evidence from Eugenie's and Mike's social media as well as the images of the children at the window.

Charles' view of what a family is is different and he won't have anyone other than those already identified as 'working royals' on the balcony or at things like State Banquets (the Michael's of Kent were usually dragged out for those each year along with the odd reception/garden party at BP. Beatrice and Eugenie also used to do one garden party each per year but this year not included in the garden party roster).

We all know that Charles has wanted a smaller royal family for years. We know that the visual of all the extended family on the balcony was something he didn't support. In the end he was able to convince the late Queen that it was the way forward - he may have used the excuse of Harry and Andrew but he wanted that image and will keep to it.

Other than the coronation events (two of them for Elizabeth II's non-working royal descendants and one for others) the rest of the royal family haven't been doing anything official. Normally they would be credited with Trooping but not this year and there is no evidence that they even attended - not just didn't appear on the balcony but didn't attend the event at all unlike last year when they attended but didn't go onto the balcony and we have the evidence from Eugenie's and Mike's social media as well as the images of the children at the window.

Charles' view of what a family is is different and he won't have anyone other than those already identified as 'working royals' on the balcony or at things like State Banquets (the Michael's of Kent were usually dragged out for those each year along with the odd reception/garden party at BP. Beatrice and Eugenie also used to do one garden party each per year but this year not included in the garden party roster).

The extended family did attend trooping the colour this year as Lady Gabriella and a few others were spotted on the balcony in the quadrangle watching the flypast.

The extended family did attend trooping the colour this year as Lady Gabriella and a few others were spotted on the balcony in the quadrangle watching the flypast.

@sophie25: That just confirms the point Iluvbertie was making. Members of the extended family were not present on the main BP balcony, only working members were present. Other family members were probably invited to a private lunch, and but in no public capacity.

@Sophie25: That just confirms the point Iluvbertie was making. Members of the extended family were not present on the main BP balcony, only working members were present. Other family members were probably invited to a private lunch, and but in no public capacity.

He said there was no evidence the extended family attended at all this year that's why I responded the way I did.

Table Manners: S16 Ep 6: Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie is on the latest episode of the endlessly entertaining Table Manners podcast.

"It’s a royally good week on Table Manners, we have our very first royal on the podcast; Princess Eugenie popped round for brunch! She was an absolute delight and we couldn’t wait to ask all about table manners in the royal household."

"Princess Eugenie is the Co-Founder of The Anti-Slavery Collective which has launched the second series of its podcast Floodlight. You can listen here: https://smarturl.it/floodlight"

Last edited:
Table Manners: S16 Ep 6: Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie is on the latest episode of the endlessly entertaining Table Manners podcast.

"It’s a royally good week on Table Manners, we have our very first royal on the podcast; Princess Eugenie popped round for brunch! She was an absolute delight and we couldn’t wait to ask all about table manners in the royal household."

"Princess Eugenie is the Co-Founder of The Anti-Slavery Collective which has launched the second series of its podcast Floodlight. You can listen here: https://smarturl.it/floodlight"

Nice that she is interested in table Manners, it would be nice too if she would care a little bit more about her appearance when she is outside of her private home. The last pictures of her strolling in London are not favorouble. She looks sloppy, didn't care how to dress. She must know that she is being photographed while in London. Sure she could wear casual clothes, but not like this!
Myself wouldn't even go shopping across my street in such an outfit, with all her activities she is still much in the focus and obviously wants to be.
She should put more attention to her appearance and image when walking around London.

Nice that she is interested in table Manners, it would be nice too if she would care a little bit more about her appearance when she is outside of her private home. The last pictures of her strolling in London are not favorouble. She looks sloppy, didn't care how to dress. She must know that she is being photographed while in London. Sure she could wear casual clothes, but not like this!
Myself wouldn't even go shopping across my street in such an outfit, with all her activities she is still much in the focus and obviously wants to be.
She should put more attention to her appearance and image when walking around London.

The podcast isn't actually about table manners ;)

When she is out she about as a private person she can look and dress however she likes. It's not her fault she is followed and snapped by paparazzi.

The podcast isn't actually about table manners ;)

When she is out she about as a private person she can look and dress however she likes. It's not her fault she is followed and snapped by paparazzi.

It’s an interesting listen if you can and touches briefly on this.

It’s an interesting listen if you can and touches briefly on this.

Yes, I thought it was quite on point that she talked about being photographed by paparazzi and being judged for looking less than perfect when just heading out to the shops. She seems to really enjoy the privacy her life in Portugal gives.

Ok, she is complaining about what the tabloids are writing. All of the royals who are in the spotlight could be complaining but they don't! That is interesting to me, because Eugenie is one of them who is "oversharing". She could have kept herself more in the background, she is not a working royal, but she decided to be much in the public, but then, just do not complain
There are quite a few royals who didn't loose weight after birth right away, and nobody talked about it. Thinking of Stephanie of Lux for example.

And to the past ridiculing of her and her sister that really was their own fault, wearing such ridiculous hats, no way that the public wouldn't pick on that.
How naive are they?

In contrast to Eugenie who is whining about how bad the public is treating her, her sister Beatrice has gone the oppisite way. She doesn't complain and is less present on social media.

If you choose that way, being present everywhere, doing podcasts giving interviews, you are a public person, you are being watched and criticized, so just live with it!

I highly suggest listening to the podcast hereditarytitles, she's not complaining per sey, rather just being honest and forthright. She also has no pretenses about being a working royal. In fact, she talks about her actual job that she loves and her charity work which she does out of her own volition and sense of duty. There is also no oversharing really. She paused before answering any questions and doesn't give anything intimate away about the royal family. People have been immensely unkind to her and her sister, yet, she comes off rather grounded and polite.

I highly suggest listening to the podcast hereditarytitles, she's not complaining per sey, rather just being honest and forthright. She also has no pretenses about being a working royal. In fact, she talks about her actual job that she loves and her charity work which she does out of her own volition and sense of duty. There is also no oversharing really. She paused before answering any questions and doesn't give anything intimate away about the royal family. People have been immensely unkind to her and her sister, yet, she comes off rather grounded and polite.

Thank you for the suggestion. The link to "The telegraph" has a paywall, do you have a tip for me where I could listen to the podcast?

Thank you for the suggestion. The link to "The telegraph" has a paywall, do you have a tip for me where I could listen to the podcast?

Here are the quotes from the article: :flowers:

[...]

Speaking to hosts Jessie and Lennie Ware, she said: “The world doesn’t need to know everything about us … the way we’ve been brought up is to not – we don’t overshare.”

[...]

During the 58-minute episode, she discussed having “a couple of issues around food” because of constant scrutiny about her appearance, as well as her difficulty shedding postnatal weight.

“I don’t know about you but on the post-baby body thing, it sends me mad but I find it really hard to shake baby weight,” she said, adding: “I guess society dictates that you have to shake your baby weight and all that stuff.”

Asked whether she was fed up with criticism about what she wore or if she looked tired, the Princess said: “I think that definitely has caused a couple of issues around my relationship with having to look a certain way…

“I guess everybody has that if you’re in the public eye. I guess within our family, it happens at that perfect age where you’re, you know, 13 years old and you’ve got that dorky bowl haircut and you’re a bit chubby and, you know, all the boys are bullying you and all that kind of stuff.”

Princess Eugenie now lives in Portugal with her husband, Jack Brooksbank, and their two sons, August, 2, and Ernest, who was born in May this year.

She continued: “This is why Portugal is the dream because I can go to the supermarket in my exercise gear and my hair piled on my head and not mind. Not care. No one cares.”

Among the other topics discussed on the podcast was the etiquette that was expected when eating with Elizabeth II.

She said that the family used “table manners A” when all together, including having no knees at the table while having tea at Windsor with her late grandmother and a strict savoury-before-cakes rule.

She added: “I guess it’s just you’re not getting down from the table until you can get down from the table.

“Like, tea was at five. And it was only ever 45 minutes so you can never get stir crazy.

“And then we’d go running everywhere afterwards around the house like crazy people.”

She said that family tea time was “the same” now, saying “it’s a really sweet way to all come together at another point in the day.”

The Princess was also asked about the King’s approach to his role as monarch, to which she replied: “It’s less about modernising and [more about] becoming one with what the monarch believes in.”

Referring to the King and the Prince of Wales, the heir to the throne, she added: “I think my uncle and my cousin are amazing examples of that for the future, their belief systems are what the world believes in and that couldn’t be better.”

[...] Princess Eugenie said that she first learnt about the broader scope of slavery on a visit to India aged 21.

She said: “It’s simple things like you know, being aware that someone could be enslaved at your local nail bar or in a carwash, or in construction and things like that.

“It’s not something in far-flung places that you might not go to. It can happen within a mile of where you live in the UK and around you.

“So it’s just about, where are your clothes from? Have you asked someone if they’re okay? If they don’t look happy or that kind of thing. And it’s about empathy and kindness as well.”

Back
Top Bottom