The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2020, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Are they indeed? I’d like to see some sources of this information as it’s well the royal family aren’t truthfully “cash rich”.
Well they better learn to live within their means then- like the rest of the world. We don’t want to pay for their extended vacations.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Who is supplying the sussex's security now that they are in the US? Trump said the government wouldn't pay for it so are the British taxpayers?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

My understanding is since mid March they've had private security.

LaRae
Old 06-16-2020, 09:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That's my understanding too. There is no way that the Sussexes, as private citizens, can dump security costs on anyone else besides themselves. I would have thought that they'd realize this as part and parcel of being "private citizens" and that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I don't believe though that we know who is providing security or the costs as that isn't something that should be in the public domain. In fact, discussing their security actually isn't on topic for this thread as its not "Royal Security" anymore.
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Old 06-16-2020, 11:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't believe though that we know who is providing security or the costs as that isn't something that should be in the public domain. In fact, discussing their security actually isn't on topic for this thread as its not "Royal Security" anymore.

The security company is Gavin de Becker and Associates.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
That's my understanding too. There is no way that the Sussexes, as private citizens, can dump security costs on anyone else besides themselves. I would have thought that they'd realize this as part and parcel of being "private citizens" and that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I think it’s fairly easy to guess who is paying for the security cost (Prince Charles- question is of course from which account - duchy or other), since neither Harry and especially not Meghan, with her meager million or two, can afford private security- which can cost a cool million a year, at least!
Old 06-17-2020, 02:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
This was a big part of it. Justin Trudeau tried to fanboy by trying to get the Canadian Taxpayers to foot the bill for security for the long term, but backed down when his position proved extremely unpopular (and damaging to him and his party).

As a Canadian, I want, no I demand, that Canada be reimbursed for security costs for their time in Canada. They were on a private "vacation" from late last year and were in no way invited by the Canadian Govt or people to stay in Canada. They did not perform any significant representative functions while there and there is/was no need for the Canadian taxpayer to foot the bill for their whims and follies.
But @Eskimo, you did get H&M visit Canada House in London on 8 January to thank the people of Canada for making them feel so welcome!

Quote:
I could not agree more with you. However, I do not think it was their expectation that their security would need to be privately financed. It was very much part of their "wish list", as published on their website in January this year.

Quote:

I don't believe though that we know who is providing security or the costs as that isn't something that should be in the public domain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I think it’s fairly easy to guess who is paying for the security cost (Prince Charles- question is of course from which account - duchy or other), since neither Harry and especially not Meghan, with her meager million or two, can afford private security- which can cost a cool million a year, at least!
I have no doubt that it is Prince Charles who is funding their security.

As to which account, Duchy or otherwise, to me it does not matter. The purpose of the Duchy is to provide an independent and private income for the Prince of Wales, it is not only for official duties.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Well they better learn to live within their means then- like the rest of the world. We don’t want to pay for their extended vacations.

Who’s we exactly? I don’t understand what you want?

Henry and Meghan have private security with them in the US, paid for presumably by The Prince of Wales from the Duchy of Cornwall income which belongs to the person within that role.

As to the security situation when they were in Canada, at the time they were there they were still working royals, regardless of their announcement in January. The whole period, pre and post “break up” I imagine was covered, discussed and agreed between the Prime Minister of Canada and HM The Queen.

What’s happened, happened. What’s happening now in terms of security is an agreement between the Sussexes and The Prince of Wales.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Same circular conversation, who knows for sure.

Tags
british royal family, gloucester, kent, kidnapping, minor hrh, royal security, security, terrorism