The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue if you look at the photos taken today:

** gallery **

According to the dailymail the Princess of Wales wore a "Winser London silk pussybow blouse and matching blue coat, thought to be from Alexander McQueen, teamed with elegant navy trousers, recycled £85 Missoma hoop earrings and a DeMellier London £295 handbag", source.

It looks lilac?
Could be the lighting too ,very nice from what we can see!

Might this coat be the one worn to Cambridge earlier this year?

That's a gorgeous coat and I like how she's paired it with those trousers. I'm not keen on that style of blouse but it's a lovely colour.

Blue if you look at the photos taken today:

** gallery **

According to the dailymail the Princess of Wales wore a "Winser London silk pussybow blouse and matching blue coat, thought to be from Alexander McQueen, teamed with elegant navy trousers, recycled £85 Missoma hoop earrings and a DeMellier London £295 handbag", source.

A beautiful outfit. I love the coat.

I don’t think the coat,lovely as it may be, works teamed with the blouse and trousers.

Princess of Wales have today visited BBC Radio 1’s Newsbeat to take part in a special episode about young people and mental health on World Mental Health Day.

Nice outfit just not crazy about the hairstyle.

Not a good look for her. The jacket is too tight and the neckline too low and bare.

I love the jacket. Can't believe it's from 1995. Love that she has kept it that long.

The top part is nice but it doesn't suit the pants and I wish the Princess had done something different with her hair!

I actually love this jacket on her and like the whole look. It’s different than she normally wears and I think it works

Very elegant and lovely color for the Princess today!!

The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 -

I love this jacket and I think it’s fine with the trousers but the vest top underneath isn’t a good look. A higher neckline, possibly in a different shade might have been better .
Added to say, I don’t think the necklace works- she could have worn something chunkier with such a low neckline.

I think she looks great-kind of edgy without being gaudy. Top to toe the outfit rocks IMO!

I just do not think the look works. The trousers appear too loose for a jacket that fitted.

Still do not like trousers.
But also the jacket did not match the trousers, which were too long, too.
The only thing that could have made this look worse would have been straight hair.

I think it's okay, not by any means my favourite, not the worst but the colour is lovely. I do like that she's mixing it up a bit.

She looked fine; purple is a very flattering color for her.

This article made an interesting point!

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashio...anel-jacket-1995-claudia-schiffer-1235387932/

“The new Princess of Wales’ Chanel turn is certainly timely: The Victoria & Albert Museum will be staging an exhibition dedicated to the work of Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel, titled “Gabrielle Chanel. Fashion Manifesto,” set for September 2023. It will trace the evolution of Chanel’s designs from the opening of her first millinery boutique in Paris in 1910, to the show of her final collection in 1971.

The exhibition will feature more than 180 looks seen together for the first time at the museum’s Sainsbury Gallery.”

Catherine is the V&A’s patron so we may see her in more vintage Chanel looks to support this.

Fashion history aside, Chanel is just as problematic as many more recent designers, if not worse. Should Catherine really be supporting such a person that enthusiastically?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/s...co-chanel-fashion-designer-and-nazi-informant

Coco Chanel died in 1971 so I don’t think this is “enthusiastically supporting such a person,” plus I’m pretty sure that history will be part of the V&A exhibit.

I saw it as support of the V&A exhibit, her patronage, not as support of Chanel. It’s vintage, they don’t even get the benefit of a sales bump from it.

The look just doesn't work. But I give her credit for stepping out of the box and trying something new.

I don't think there is any correlation between her wearing a Chanel jacket and an exhibit that is almost a year away. She supports V&A- not Chanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom