The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

Welcome to the
The Princess of Wales Jewels thread part 1

commencing September 8, 2022

The Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery part 3 can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Posts about Kate’s new titles have been moved here.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whilst accompanying HM's coffin on its journey from BP to Westminster Hall today, the Princess of Wales wore the pearl and diamond brooch previously lent by HM to her, and the Carrington pearl drop earrings previously used by Diana.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rocession.html
Old 09-14-2022, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Last night when enroute to BP to wait for the coffin of HM, the Princess of Wales wore a necklace of three strings of pearls, and the familiar pearl and diamond earrings previously used by HM for the Silver Jubilee celebrations.

Might the necklace have previously been used by HM?

https://twitter.com/lovewalesfamily/...239680/photo/1
Old 09-14-2022, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Whilst accompanying HM's coffin on its journey from BP to Westminster Hall today, the Princess of Wales wore the pearl and diamond brooch previously lent by HM to her, and the Carrington pearl drop earrings previously used by Diana.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rocession.html
Catherine's jewels are just stunning and all work well together and I also noticed the pearl bracelet.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Thank you for pointing out the pearl bracelet. Her jewelry was exquisite, both last night with the pearls and today. I love that she wore a really big brooch, although it is not my favorite. Diana's earrings were always one of my favorites. Has she worn them before?
Has she worn the bracelet before? I do hope now that she is POW that she will continue to wear more and larger jewelry.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Catherine's jewels are just stunning and all work well together and I also noticed the pearl bracelet.
Was that bracelet Diana's too? I vaguely remember her having a three tiered pearl necklace and wondered if this bracelet went with that necklace.
Old 09-15-2022, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Was that bracelet Diana's too? I vaguely remember her having a three tiered pearl necklace and wondered if this bracelet went with that necklace.
I think the pearl bracelet worn by Catherine is the one previously used by Diana. Catherine has worn this bracelet on a few occassions previously.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Catherine is wearing some of the jewels of the last Princess of Wales.
Old 09-17-2022, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

The Princess of Wales has again worn a three row-pearl necklace today at the reception given for General Gouverneus at Buckingham Palace
https://twitter.com/ChristinsQueens/...33595133280257

Old 09-17-2022, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Princess of Wales has again worn a three row-pearl necklace today at the reception given for General Gouverneus at Buckingham Palace
That image of continuity is very positive for the Monarchy.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.instagram.com/p/CinXuqyv...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Royal Fashion Police IG writes that it’s confirmed by the Palace that the necklace was the Queen’s.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
That image of continuity is very positive for the Monarchy.

True. It is. It’s a lovely necklace.

I wonder who inherited the Queen’s 3 strand that she always wore. I think it was from her father. Maybe Anne?
Old 09-18-2022, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
True. It is. It’s a lovely necklace.

I wonder who inherited the Queen’s 3 strand that she always wore. I think it was from her father. Maybe Anne?
Her everyday pearls (wich she herself comissioned from loose pearls she had inherited) most likely went to Anne…
She wore a 3-strand pearl necklace recently in Glasgow that looked very much like that one…

Catherine’s necklace looks very much like the longer 3-row pearls that The Queen sometimes wore to the festival of remembrence…
Old 09-18-2022, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The necklace is very beautiful.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Other than "token" pieces, all of the royal jewels would have been inherited by The King as Sovereign-to Sovereign inheritance is not subject to death taxes. Of course, this family's "token" pieces will be exquisite...
Old 09-18-2022, 07:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Other than "token" pieces, all of the royal jewels would have been inherited by The King as Sovereign-to Sovereign inheritance is not subject to death taxes. Of course, this family's "token" pieces will be exquisite...
This is a bit tacky because the Queen isn't even buried yet; Queen Mary's jewellery went all over and I always presumed the same would happen to the Queen's enormous collection.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's necklace is said to have been a "gift" from the Queen, not a bequest or an inheritance.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
This is a bit tacky because the Queen isn't even buried yet; Queen Mary's jewellery went all over and I always presumed the same would happen to the Queen's enormous collection.

I think that’s needlessly judgmental. For all we know, the Queen and Catherine discussed it personally. I doubt she’s wearing any of this without the blessings of at least the King and Queen Consort, but I suspect she actually had blessings to wear it directly from the Queen.

A cousin of my husband’s grandmother made a similarly unkind remark to his mother when I chose to wear her engagement ring on my right hand and her diamond earrings to her funeral. His grandmother had gifted them to me personally six months before she died and I wore them in her honor and with her love.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Before the provenance is lost in the mist of time, I would love it if Angela Kelly were to do a definitive book on the provenance of the Queens pieces, along with good photo's.

The Queen Mother had quite a few long strands pearls that we see her photographed wearing in the 1920s and 1930s. Perhaps this 3 strand pearl necklace was once hers.
The Queen Mary 3 strand pearl necklace went to Camilla and she has worn it often.

I am very excited to see what our new Princess of Wales will wear in the future.