The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

By far my fave fascinator she has worn! Coat is ok, not a fave but fine.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Nobility

Love the coat and fascinator. Not a fan of the boots, but that's a small quibble.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Nobility

I like all the individual elements of this, especially the hat. But----the fullness of her hair is throwing things off I think. Maybe pulled back a bit to showcase the hat? I dunno what but--something is a bit off balance but I love the coat and think she looks lovely. I always blame/congratulate the stylist when something is a little bit off/or when the look hits it out of the park. So...Meghan's stylist...I'm holding up an 8 card instead of a 10.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the hat is cute, but the rest of the outfit isn't flattering at all.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This is an appropriate look,the hat is cute with the veil however i am not fan of the boits and i think her coat wrapped in weird way..not flattering Imo
Old 11-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Meghan's outfit for the Remembrance Poppy Field was perfection!! I love the navy and the hat was to die for. Her makeup was perfect and very appropriate. I want to know the color of her lipstick.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Do we know who the designers of the coat and dress worn today by Meghan were?
Old 11-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duchess of Sussex at Westminster Abbey today

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...994675712?s=21
I dislike the coat. Beautiful color but I don't like the fabric.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Do we know who the designers of the coat and dress worn today by Meghan were?
ID on the coat is Sentaler;
https://intl.sentaler.com/collection...-midnight-blue
Old 11-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Thank you!

Quote:

I so do wish Meghan would wear British fashion brands for important events like these.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I so do wish Meghan would wear British fashion brands for important events like these.
Yes, there are some events in the calendar that are quintessentially British in nature, and those are the events that all of the royal ladies should really be wearing a British brand. The more run of the mill royal patronages, charities, etc. it doesn't really matter that much, but this is one where it matters.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Really nice outfit today the colour was perfectly fine given the solemnity of the occasion and venue at the abbey.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Two out of three pieces were British. And the third a commonwealth brand.

Her brands:
-Sentaler coat-Canadian
-Tammara Melon boots- British
-Philip Treacy hat- British

I like the coat. The color and style was wonderful for the event.

The thing I don't like is the belt. I wish she had worn the original belt for the coat. This skinny one was badly placed.

Its bulkier style as it is Outer wear. Its not a fitted coat dress.

And her look yesterday, when her and Harry visited the families of deployed soldiers.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ilies-windsor/

No ID I can find on the camel coat, black skirt and white blouse worn.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

An unflatteringly bulky coat...
Old 11-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that Meghan's coat is rather unflattering; and the belt doesn't help. It seems like it's almost a size too big for her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Countessmeout, I thought the boots were Victoria Beckham.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Sources I have seen show the coat as being from the 2015-16 collection which Sentaler is now going to re-issue. That would seem to indicate that this is a coat she already had in her wardrobe. It would also account for the fit problems. Some of the pictures look like it doesn't completely close - there is an inverted V from her waist which shows the skirt of her dress. On a properly fitting wrap coat that shouldn't happen. However, if she hasn't lost all of the baby weight that would account for it and it could explain the choice of coat.

Personally, I love the color but I am not sure about the fabric. It is probably warm which would be another point in its favor. The hat was a nice choice.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Very untidy look not going along with the look the rest have on. The open coat with an odd belt just doesn’t make it. All items are ok, but not together. I do like the hat and it’s placement. Her hair could use a trim
Old 11-07-2019, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I actually like the whole look. I like the dark navy, appropriate for the event as well.

I would take her coat and gloves (which I love as well) in a second. I'm not a fan of boots but they look good on her. The fascinator is one of her best hat looks yet.

LaRae
Yes, I think she really nailed the right image. Her hat is a delight and her hair has been perfectly done to compliment it and not be a flyaway mess. While it is by no means the first time she has worn a hat or fascinator, this time it looks like her entire ensemble was based around her gorgeous hat and even better, the veil was perfectly deployed and not all scrunched up. AAA+

It was lovely to hear that, in spite of all the reports to the contrary, her lovely coat hails back to the winter of 2015/2016 and is definitely pre-wedding, perhaps even pre- Harry. The gorgeous midnight blue coat worked well worn over her as yet unidentified black dress while her Tamara Mellon slouch boots gave her a lovely lift while not being stratospheric and looked very 'Megan'. Her gloves were the perfect finishing touch to a formal occasion.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Yes, I think she really nailed the right image. Her hat is a delight and her hair has been perfectly done to compliment it and not be a flyaway mess. While it is by no means the first time she has worn a hat or fascinator, this time it looks like her entire ensemble was based around her gorgeous hat and even better, the veil was perfectly deployed and not all scrunched up. AAA+

It was lovely to hear that, in spite of all the reports to the contrary, her lovely coat hails back to the winter of 2015/2016 and is definitely pre-wedding, perhaps even pre- Harry. The gorgeous midnight blue coat worked well worn over her as yet unidentified black dress while her Tamara Mellon slouch boots gave her a lovely lift while not being stratospheric and looked very 'Megan'. Her gloves were the perfect finishing touch to a formal occasion.

Yes the coat seems to be pre-Harry and I'd wear it in a second..it looks warm and comfortable! Her hair looks amazing. She is able to have her hair treatments again I'm thinking!

The hat is lovely...probably my top two of her hats to day. I love the birdcage when it's done well.

No idea on the dress designer...don't think anyone has gotten a look at it really.

I would of changed her belt to a wide belt if I had to change something.

LaRae