Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to see the Grand Duchess with her most important tiara, the Empire tiara. Combined with the two rivieres, which IMO are the best rivieres in use by any royal family at the moment. And for Mathilde there is only one option to compete with that; the Nine Provinces.

Apart from the Aosta tiara I hope we will see Pss Astrid with the emeralds from that family, though I am not sure they are with her husband and not with one of his siblings.
If her husband did inherit it, it would be nice if Pss Astrid could have it converted into a tiara. She only needs to remove the prongs which can be used as earrings and brooch and put the rest on a frame. It would make an emerald tiara worthy of a Queen.

I don´t think Elisabeth will attend as she will probably be in the UK.

Last edited:
Here are my guesses for the SV from Moldova to Norway in May:

Sonja: Modern Gold tiara
Mette-Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara
Astrid: Aigrette tiara

Here are my guesses for the SV from Moldova to Norway in May:

Sonja: Maltese Circlet
Mette-Marit: Amethyst tiara
Astrid: Aigrette or Gold Bandeau tiara

State Visit Season is really starting off the coming week:

Spanish State Visit to the Netherlands
Queen Máxima
- The Stuart Tiara in one of the smaller versions
Queen Letizia - The Fleur de Lys Tiara
Princess Catharina-Amalia - The Antique Pearl Tiara
Princess Beatrix - Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara
Princess Margriet - The Laurel Wreath Tiara

Luxembourg State Visit to Belgium
Queen Mathilde -
The Nine Provinces Tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - The Empire Tiara
Princess Elisabeth - The Vestey Tiara
Princess Astrid - The Savoy-Aosta Tiara

Finnish State Visit to Sweden
Queen Silvia -
The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls
Princess Christina - The Karl Johan Tiara

Moldovan State Visit to Norway
Queen Sonja -
The Base of the Maltese Cross Tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - The Diamond Daisy Tiara
Princess Astrid - One of the Aigrette Tiaras

Danish State Visit to Sweden
Queen Silvia -
The Braganza Tiara
Queen Mary - The Pearl Poiré Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Connaught Diamond Tiara
Princess Sofia - The Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine - The Ruby Tiara (I hope that Princess Madeleine attends this state visit, it's just one week after The King's Birthday. And I really think she could pull off the Ruby Tiara with her tiara hair.)
Princess Christina - The Aquamarin Kokoshnik Tiara

Danish State Visit to Norway
Queen Sonja -
The Emerald Parure Tiara
Queen Mary - The Ruby Parure Tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - The Pearl Tiara, in the smaller setting
Princess Astrid - The Vasa Tiara

Grand Duke Henri will celebrate his 70th birthday and his Silver Jubilee in 2025. It would be exciting if either of those events involved tiaras.

With the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh increasingly taking on a number of significant engagements, I’m wondering if Sophie will have more opportunities to access items from the royal vault , particularly in the way of a tiara . If this is the case- which I hope it is- what tiara do you think she might borrow?

With the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh increasingly taking on a number of significant engagements, I’m wondering if Sophie will have more opportunities to access items from the royal vault , particularly in the way of a tiara . If this is the case- which I hope it is- what tiara do you think she might borrow?
My sense is that, in time, Sophie will probably may be lent another tiara. But a lot of that depends on how many white tie events are held. I can't see any state visits till the King is better health, and hope that is not too far away.

My guesses for the SV from Denmark to Sweden in June:

Queen Silvia: Bragnaza tiara
Mary Mary: Pearl Poire tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Princess Sofia: Wedding tiara
Princess Christina: Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara

A part of me thinks Mary might hold off wearing the crown jewels until after QMargrethe passes. I hope I'm wrong because I think those emeralds would look divine on her, but it's a nagging little thought I have.

I don't think Mary will wait to wear the Crown jewels or any jewels she now has access to and imo I honestly don't think QMII would expect her to wait nor ask her to.

I don't think Mary will wait to wear the Crown jewels or any jewels she now has access to and imo I honestly don't think QMII would expect her to wait nor ask her to.
I agree, I do not think Mary will wait long to wear the crown jewels. She is the Queen Consort now, and those jewels are hers to wear now. No reason to wait for Margarethe to pass.

Hopefully we will see the Duchess wearing some long forgotten Windsor gems!

I agree, I do not think Mary will wait long to wear the crown jewels. She is the Queen Consort now, and those jewels are hers to wear now. No reason to wait for Margarethe to pass.
The emerald parure was taken out of Rosenborg a while ago, and it is probably an upcoming gala portrait.

But for events outside Denmark I suspect we will see the pearl poire married parure. First in Sweden and then in Norway. Maybe the diamond floral "aigrette", which is not an aigrette.

The emerald parure was taken out of Rosenborg a while ago, and it is probably an upcoming gala portrait.

But for events outside Denmark I suspect we will see the pearl poire married parure. First in Sweden and then in Norway. Maybe the diamond floral "aigrette", which is not an aigrette.
I agree, if the emeralds have been removed from Rosenberg, that is probably for a formal portrait.

The married Pearl Parure will probably get used on the forthcoming state visits. If we are lucky, one of the statet visits, the Floral Aigrette and the collet collier will get used.

To the new gala portrait I could guess Mary wearing the Pearl Poiré, as Daisy always did on her gala portraits.

Maybe the emeralds were taken to the jeweler for cleaning and adjusting the padding to Mary's hair color. But I hope you are right about an upcoming gala portrait. By the way, Margrethe also used the emeralds for gala portraits.

Reactions: pkl
Maybe the emeralds were taken to the jeweler for cleaning and adjusting the padding to Mary's hair color. But I hope you are right about an upcoming gala portrait. By the way, Margrethe also used the emeralds for gala portraits.
The Danish royal court will publish the new gala portraits very soon today, and it is with the emerald parure sources tells.

Margrethe has also worn the floral aigrette for official pics.

There will be SV from Japan to the U.K in June. I hope Camilla debuts Alexandra’s Kokoshnik tiara or the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara.

There will be SV from Japan to the U.K in June. I hope Camilla debuts Alexandra’s Kokoshnik tiara or the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara.
I am hoping Queen Camilla wears the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara with pearls for the forthcoming state visit from Japan. The Japanese are very fond of pearls, and this would be a good way of honouring them.

The Queen Victoria pearl and diamond necklace could be a good accompanist to the tiara.

My guess for the SV from Japan ist that Queen Camilla will wear an all diamond tiara as the Japanese royals don't use jewels with colored stones. Hope for one she hasn't used before like Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik. For the Empress i hope she will debut the Chrysanthemum tiaras.

Back
Top Bottom