Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Sofia’s tiara improved significantly after the ”refurbishment” at the jeweller… It did not look good at her wedding basically sitting on the very top of her head in a weird angle… Now it can be adjusted after her own headshape and worn to different styles of hairdo’s and fashion…

My bid for tomorrow is -
The Queen : Leuchtenberg Sapphires.
The Crown Princess : Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara.
Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara with Rubies.
Princess Christina : 6-Button Tiara

My bid for Monday -
The Queen : Edward VII Ruby Tiara.
The Crown Princess : Connaught Diamond Tiara.
Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara with Aquamarines.
Princess Christina : 4-Button Tiara.

I think Sofia’s tiara improved significantly after the ”refurbishment” at the jeweller… It did not look good at her wedding basically sitting on the very top of her head in a weird angle… Now it can be adjusted after her own headshape and worn to different styles of hairdo’s and fashion…

I always wonder why this wasn't done before the Wedding. Was this a gift ao short before the Wedding?

I always wonder why this wasn't done before the Wedding. Was this a gift ao short before the Wedding?

That’s the 10 million dollar question…

Perhaps she decided just shortly before the wedding that she would wear it on the actual wedding day instead of borrowing a tiara…

Last edited:
The tiara originally was an emerald necklace. It became only versatile after it was send to a jeweler for the new frame. I seem to remember that at the time it was reported that the emerald necklace originally was a present from Thailand. I was send back to Thailand to be mounted as a tiara over there, supposedly to avoid any news leaking out before the wedding. That might explain why the frame didn't fit well.

I love Sofia’s tiara and its versatility. I want to see even more new stones.

I think Sophia's wedding tiara is a perfect example of a lost art. The original shape was not in the least bit user friendly and had to just be plonked there because the frame had no flexibility. It's just like buying a "new" rocking chair that looks terrific but, once you start to rock the chair starts to move backwards until it hits the wall.

The secret is that the rockers are angled inward at the back and the chair rocks in one place, just as changing a rigid frame to a flexible frame, the tiara became more user-friendly. And then she started adding other coloured stones which changed it into a whole new ballgame.

My guesses for the dinner for Nobel laureates:

Silvia: Sapphire Parure tiara
Victoria: Lilian's Laurel tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara
Christina: Large Cut Steel tiara

For the South KOrean state banquet in the Netherlands, I suspect Maxima will wear the Mellerio ruby parure.

For the South Korean state banquet in the Netherlands, I suspect Maxima will wear the Mellerio ruby parure, Antique Pearl, Württemberg Ornate Pearl, Aquamarine Parure or Diamond Cut Rose.

For the South Korean state banquet in the Netherlands, I suspect Maxima will wear the Mellerio ruby parure, Antique Pearl, Württemberg Ornate Pearl, Aquamarine Parure or Diamond Cut Rose.

That is 5 potential choices; more than the number of choices some Queen's have.

Back
Top Bottom