Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the Tiara and Jewels Guessing for Upcoming Events: 2024 Thread

The previous thread can be found here

~ ~ ~

My guesses for upcoming New Years receptions:

Denmark:

Margrethe: Emerald parure tiara
Mary: Ruby Necklace tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Benedikte: SWB Fringe tiara

Luxembourg:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara
Stephanie: Diamond Vine Leaves tiara
Alexandra: Grand Duchess Adelaide tiara

My guesses for upcoming New Years receptions:

Denmark:

Margrethe: Pearl Poiré Parure
Mary: Ruby Parure
Marie: Dagmar Floral
Benedikte: SWB Fringe tiara

Japan (if happens):

Masako: Meiji Tiara
Aiko: Sayako's Tiara
Kiko: Diamond Scroll Tiara
Kako: her birthday tiara
Yuriko (if she attends, despite being a 100 yo): her Diamond Kokoshnik tiara
Nobuko: her Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Akiko: her Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Yōko: her Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Hisako: her Diamond Bandeau, her Pearl Drop Tiara or her Pearl and Diamond Tiara
Tsuguko: her Diamond Tiara
Hanako: Wave and Sunburst Tiara or Pearl and Diamond Fringe Tiara

Luxembourg:

Stephanie: Adelaïde-Marie's Sapphire Bandeau
Alexandra: Chaumet Pearl And Diamond Choker Tiara

Now that Frederik and Mary will be King and Queen, it seems likely there will be official portraits released. If that will be true, I predict Mary will wear the Pearl Poire tiara.

Also, nothing has been confirmed but there are reports that there will be a SV from the UK to Spain in January or February.

Now when the New Years Gala at Amalienborg, will likely be QMII’s last tiara-event as ”The Queen”, i expect that she will wear the Emerald Crown Jewel Parure for the last time, as the crown jewels and the Pearl Poire Parure will now be handed over to Mary…

Denmark -
QMII : Emerald Crown Jewel Parure
Mary : Diamond and Spinel Tiara
Marie : Princess Dagmar’s Floral Tiara
Benedikte : Queen Sofia’s Star and Pearl Tiara

Luxembourg -
M-T : Chaumet Diamond and Pearl Choker Tiara
Stephanie : Turquoise Tiara
Alexandra : Amethyst Tiara

I predict CP Mary will wear the Danish Ruby Parure as this will be her last tiara event as Crown Princess. I'm kind of hoping she wears the necklace and earrings in their original setting too

Will be interesting to see which jewels Queen Margrethe II. will wear for thje New Years Courts. That is the last occasion where she could wear the Emerlad Parure or the other Jewels from the Crown Jewels. And also the pearl tiara and its matching Set will be for the new Queen from the 14. Janaury
Will also be intersting if the new Queen Mary will follow her mother-in-law and wear the pearl Set for her first official pics as Queen.

Now that Frederik and Mary will be King and Queen, it seems likely there will be official portraits released. If that will be true, I predict Mary will wear the Pearl Poire tiara.

Also, nothing has been confirmed but there are reports that there will be a SV from the UK to Spain in January or February.

Will Queen Mary be also given the Baden Palmette tiara?

I don't believe there will be a UK visit to Spain early in 2024, but, if there is, it will be the perfect opportunity for Leonor to make her tiara debut.

Will Queen Mary be also given the Baden Palmette tiara?

I suspect Margarethe will keep the Floral Aigrette, and possibly the turquoise tiara for herself (though she did part with the turquoise earrings and brooch). If that is the case, the Baden Palmette will probably go to Mary as her only all diamond tiara from Margarethe (barring her wedding tiara).

My guess for the final New Year gala of Q. Margrethe is the Pearl Parure Parure with the Cown Diamonds, she already wore the Emeralds for the spanish state visit so I dont think she will wear it again. Mary with the full setting of the Ruby parure would be lovely.

Will Queen Mary be also given the Baden Palmette tiara? .

That one is as far as i know QMII’s private posession so it’s up to her if she wants to hand that one over, or keep it for herself…

For tonight, January 1st in Copenhagen:

Queen Margrethe:
Floral Aigrette with the crown jewel diamonds full version included the breathtaking tassel / stomacher, FUR and big ballgown.
Crown Princess Mary:
The FULL version of the ruby parure.
Princess Benedikte:
The Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg fringe tiara. She is always on point.

I hope the new reigning couple will continue the glorious parties they have had in Denmark in Queen Margrethe's reign. The best of them all.

For tonight, January 1st in Copenhagen:

Queen Margrethe:
Floral Aigrette with the crown jewel diamonds full version included the breathtaking tassel / stomacher, FUR and big ballgown.
Crown Princess Mary:
The FULL version of the ruby parure.
Princess Benedikte:
The Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg fringe tiara. She is always on point.

I hope the new reigning couple will continue the glorious parties they have had in Denmark in Queen Margrethe's reign. The best of them all.

I do hope you are right and MArgarethe uses the Crown diamonds one last time tonight.

My final guesses:

Daisy in the Pearl Poiré for the last time
Mary in the full Ruby Parure
Marie in the Dagmar Floral
Benedikte in the SWB Fringe Tiara

My guesses for the Luxembourg New Year's Reception:

Stephanie: Adelaïde-Marie's Sapphire Bandeau, Floral Vine Tiara, Amethyst Bandeau or Small Diamond Tiara
Alexandra: Chaumet Pearl And Diamond Choker Tiara, Pearl and Citrine Bandeau, Turquoise Parure, Aquamarine Parure or Small Floral Tiara

There will be a SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April. It would be exciting if Leonor, Amalia, and Alexia attended the banquet.

There will be a SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April. It would be exciting if Leonor, Amalia, and Alexia attended the banquet.

Leonor will not attend a state banquet in the Netherlands. Leonor's tiara debut will probably be at an incoming state visit to Spain, probably by another European monarch.

Amalia, on the other hand, might be at the state dinner in Amsterdam in my opinion.

If Amalia attends, she will be given the Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic, which has a yellow and white sash. Which tiara would be the best match for that sash?

Last edited:

For the state visit, I would expect Letizia to wear La Buena, the large Fleur-de-Lys tiara. Might Max wear the Stuart diamond tiara without the stuart diamond, and the necklace of House diamonds?

Leonor will not attend a state banquet in the Netherlands. Leonor's tiara debut will probably be at an incoming state visit to Spain, probably by another European monarch.

Amalia, on the other hand, might be at the state dinner in Amsterdam in my opinion.

If Amalia attends, she will be given the Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic, which has a yellow and white sash. Which tiara would be the best match for that sash?
I agree. Leonor's first state visit will be in her home country and not abroad. And while I wanted to see Amalia at a state event, I think she will not attend. Isn't she living in Madrid (although not officially confirmed)? If the state visit is taking place during school vactions, then she might be there. Otherwise, no :sad:

Leonor's tiara debut should be in her homeland, not abroad

There will be a SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April, so my guesses:

Maxima: Stuart Parure or Queen Emma's Sapphire Tiara (yes, that tiara worn at Willem-Alexander's inauguration)
Letizia: La Buena
Amalia: Antique Pearl, Ruby Peacock, Laurel Wreath, Rose Cut Diamond, Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Aquamarine Parure
Alexia (if attends): Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Aquamarine Parure, Laurel Wreath or Ears of Wheat
Beatrix (if attends): Pearl Button or Rose Cut Diamond
Laurentien (if attends): Laurel Wreath, Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Aquamarine Parure

Last edited:
There will be a SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April, so my guesses:

Maxima: Stuart Parure or Sapphire Parure

What are you including in Sapphire Parure? I presume the tiara worn at W-A's inauguration, and one of the many long sapphire and diamond earrings that the family own. What collier do you think would get used?

I predict CP Mary will wear the Danish Ruby Parure as this will be her last tiara event as Crown Princess. I'm kind of hoping she wears the necklace and earrings in their original setting too

She'll probably continue wearing them even as Queen. Yeah, she'll have access to more tiaras/parures, but the Ruby Parure isn't to be worn by only the Crown Princess. It's Frederik's personal property, willed to him by his grandmother.

What are you including in Sapphire Parure? I presume the tiara worn at W-A's inauguration, and one of the many long sapphire and diamond earrings that the family own. What collier do you think would get used?

Yes, that inauguration tiara. And she could add her sapphire earrings plus the Trellis Necklace and one of the Sapphire brooches

Yes, that inauguration tiara. And she could add her sapphire earrings plus the Trellis Necklace and one of the Sapphire brooches

The sapphires would be an interesting choice. Or she could wear the Wurttemberg pearl tiara, and a pearl collier. Lovely as that would be, I don't think Maxima would consider that blingy enough for a state visit from a royal.

The postponed french State Visit to Sweden has now confirmed for End of Janaury. I think it is very likely that we will see Queen Silvia in the leuchtenberg sapphires. Would prefer the Cameo Parure but unlikely as is still at an exhibition at the Royal palace. For CP Victoria the cut steel tiara.

The postponed french State Visit to Sweden has now confirmed for End of Janaury. I think it is very likely that we will see Queen Silvia in the leuchtenberg sapphires. Would prefer the Cameo Parure but unlikely as is still at an exhibition at the Royal palace. For CP Victoria the cut steel tiara.

That exhibition ended this weekend… Last day was on Sunday, so i would presume that the Cameo Tiara would be available for Queen Silvia by the end of the month, if she would want to wear it

That exhibition ended this weekend… Last day was on Sunday, so i would presume that the Cameo Tiara would be available for Queen Silvia by the end of the month, if she would want to wear it

I do hope Silvia uses the cameo's. Such a unique parure, and one that Silvia wears well.

My guesses to the French State Visit to Sweden:

Silvia: Cameo Parure
Victoria: Napoleonic Cut Steel or Napoleonic Amethysts
Sofia: her wedding tiara
Christina: Napoleonic Cut Steel or Connaught Diamond Tiara

(Probably we'll see jewels of French procedence at the banquet)

Last edited:
My guesses for the SV from France to Sweden:

Silvia: Sapphire Parure tiara
Victoria: Large Cut Steel tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara
Christina: Connaught tiara

Back
Top Bottom