King Frederik X, Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose he fell ill, because this was supposed to be a pretty important visit for Argentina.
Anyway the rest of the Argentinian delegation will come, so perhaps there will be an audience instead. - It's good diplomatic manners for the head of an visiting official delegation, whoever that may be now, to say hi to the head of state, that s King Frederik.
I would not be shocked if that is what happens tomorrow...someone from the delegation will pay a courtesy visit to the King representing the President.

Ooookay...!

The reason for the cancellation is... interesting. A little perplexing in fact.
The spokesman for the President writes on X that the reason for the President not going to DK is because of the escalation of the situation between Iran and Israel.
"Due to the situation President Javier Milei returns to the Argentinian republic and (he) will not be able to carry through with his trip to Denmark. Today Sunday he flies back. The Argentinian delegations will sign the agreement about procuring of the F-16 fighter next Tuesday in Copenhagen."
Also: The President returns home to form a crisis committee in view of what is happening..

We haven't even formed a crisis committee here in Denmark!
And this visit was pretty big! Argentina is to buy 24 F-16 fighters from DK - that USA requested we sell to Argentina. That will upgrade the Argentinian airforce from 6 vintage bi-planes to one of the strongest in South America. (The military in Argentina is in a very poor condition due to lack of funding as a result of the major economic crisis (plural!) Argentina has gone through over the past 20 or so years. Which also raise the question: Can they pay?!?)
I suppose there is a Jewish minority in Argentina and also a Muslim minority, but apart from that Argentina will hardly be affected, unless they get all their oil from the Arabian Gulf.

The Argentinian President is a little controversial and I had actually planned to write a little bit about him. Including the fact that he and King Frederik share a passion for music.

Ooookay...!

The reason for the cancellation is... interesting. A little perplexing in fact.
The spokesman for the President writes on X that the reason for the President not going to DK is because of the escalation of the situation between Iran and Israel.
"Due to the situation President Javier Milei returns to the Argentinian republic and (he) will not be able to carry through with his trip to Denmark. Today Sunday he flies back. The Argentinian delegations will sign the agreement about procuring of the F-16 fighter next Tuesday in Copenhagen."
Also: The President returns home to form a crisis committee in view of what is happening..

We haven't even formed a crisis committee here in Denmark!
And this visit was pretty big! Argentina is to buy 24 F-16 fighters from DK - that USA requested we sell to Argentina. That will upgrade the Argentinian airforce from 6 vintage bi-planes to one of the strongest in South America. (The military in Argentina is in a very poor condition due to lack of funding as a result of the major economic crisis (plural!) Argentina has gone through over the past 20 or so years. Which also raise the question: Can they pay?!?)
I suppose there is a Jewish minority in Argentina and also a Muslim minority, but apart from that Argentina will hardly be affected, unless they get all their oil from the Arabian Gulf.

The Argentinian President is a little controversial and I had actually planned to write a little bit about him. Including the fact that he and King Frederik share a passion for music.
Thanks! Interesting...also if Argentina cannot pay, then should the question be from where or from whom could they possibly procure funds for said purchase?

That's no secret.
That would be USA. Because the whole idea about buying F-16s from DK (and perhaps other countries) is down to USA wanting to keep China out of South America. China was ready to offer a number of their fighters and that means a military and political Chinese influence in South America. Spare-parts, other military equipment, ammunition, training, joint exercises and so on. USA would - quite rightly - fear that China would use the good old and very successful weapon of spare-parts-blackmail. I.e. Argentina does this and that, otherwise spare parts for their fine new weapons they have bought from China will be held back.
From an American perspective, that's unacceptable. So Argentina was offered 24 F-16 fighters from Denmark. It's an open question whether they were otherwise destined for Ukraine.
he reason for the Danish fighters is that Denmark is now among the last NATO countries that still has a fleet of fully operational F-16s. They are old but very well maintained and in very good condition and as such well suited for a country like Argentina, where their main task will be to protect the air-space, prevent interdiction and help patrolling the coastline.
Interestingly USA AFAIK also has a fleet of operational F-16s, used by the Air National Guard.
BTW one peculiarity of the Danish F-16s as that the control stick moves. Practically all other F-16s have a fixed control stick that measure the pressure applied to the stick and respond accordingly. But the Danish pilot very much prefer a feeling of movement. Perhaps that was a factor?

Today, Frederik held a public audience.
APRIL 22, 2024
Public audience
Public audience at Christiansborg Castle at 9.30.

That's because an audience is a private meeting with the Monarch. A meeting where you could and should be able to confide whatever you wish to say in confidence to the Monarch.

thanks Muhler. a very solid tradition in Denmark.
Still, it's nice when we get some insights from the participants themselves. This was earlier this month

"- I want to tell him that he is doing very well and that he is a good regent for Denmark. And if there is more time, I will tell him about my work at NEXT and our mission to educate a lot of young people and help them get on well in life," says Vibeke Karin Tillisch."

I was wondering when we'd next see something from him. It seems Mary has been a bit busier of late than Frederik has, but then I don't know all the work he does behind the scenes that doesn't involve him going somewhere or someone going to him.

Today, Frederik held a public audience.
APRIL 22, 2024
Public audience
Public audience at Christiansborg Castle at 9.30.

thanks Muhler. a very solid tradition in Denmark.
Still, it's nice when we get some insights from the participants themselves. This was earlier this month

"- I want to tell him that he is doing very well and that he is a good regent for Denmark. And if there is more time, I will tell him about my work at NEXT and our mission to educate a lot of young people and help them get on well in life," says Vibeke Karin Tillisch."
Nice article from BB re the public audience of April 22nd with photos of some of the participants. Per BB, King Frederik met with 16 individuals in public audiences.
(Aside: I am going to do like other royal calendars do and count that as 16 engagements for King Frederik today - 1 engagement per audience - hey other calendars do it..... ;) :)

From the DRF Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice article from BB re the public audience of April 22nd with photos of some of the participants. Per BB, King Frederik met with 16 individuals in public audiences.

Thanks! Nice to see some of the attendees.
a cute post from one of the attendees today.
"8-year-old Linea's fine royal crown is today presented to King Frederik X👑⭐❤️Of course, the king got the story about all the hundreds of ornate royal crowns that have flowed to Viborg from all over the Kingdom as part of the exhibition Spring of the Kings.
The occasion was that a good friend of Viborg UNESCO Creative City was presented with the knight's cross by King Frederik himself 🎉"

Here are some photos provided by the Palace:

The King's speech:

Billed Bladet has posted some photos and videos from King Frederik's event and DMJX campus
(..)

Video: Kong Frederik på det nye DMJX i København (video)

(..)

Last edited:
Billed Bladet has posted some photos and videos from King Frederik's event and DMJX campus
(..)

He looks really engaged with all her meets.
Another gallery
"MJX Campus Copenhagen is officially inaugurated.
It happened today with a visit from H.M. Kongen, who, before giving a speech to the 200 guests of the inauguration, went exploring both the building and with the students in the educational environments.

and from the Billedbladet article
"He has tried it many times before, and also on Wednesday afternoon, King Frederik took it completely easy when one of the teachers he met at Denmark's Media and Journalism College in Copenhagen came to say "you" instead of the royal "They" for him.
Thus, the reaction was a quick "That's fine", when one of the teachers at TV and Media Planning (TVM) on the 3rd floor of the new building, broke the royal etiquette with the accusation and then quickly corrected it.
In doing so, King Frederik made everyone around him lower their shoulders a little more and just enjoy the royal visit."

Very down to earth

Frederik has never struck me as the kind of guy to be super strict about protocol. Maybe don't say, "Yo Fred, how's it hangin'?", but if it's a little informal, I doubt he'd care.

Frederik has never struck me as the kind of guy to be super strict about protocol. Maybe don't say, "Yo Fred, how's it hangin'?", but if it's a little informal, I doubt he'd care.

exactly, he is not going to have a fit over such little things.
High praise for his speech too
"- Over the years, there have been a number of articles in which it has been written that he has spoken black and incoherently. He has received criticism for the way he has generally communicated. But this time it was a really confident and convincing Frederik who stood on the podium. It was one of the most fluent and powerful speeches I have heard from him in a long time, says the court reporter."

Great article @polyseco. Thanks!

Wonderful to read such praise from someone that has followed Frederik for years and has heard him give many speeches. Another theme related to Frederik during these types of engagements is how knowledgeable he is on the subject matter which imo adds gravitas to the event. It is not just PR or a photo op. And how he asks detailed questions showing how learned he is. People just don't give him enough credit for what he does and that's a shame.

Great article @polyseco. Thanks!

Wonderful to read such praise from someone that has followed Frederik for years and has heard him give many speeches. Another theme related to Frederik during these types of engagements is how knowledgeable he is on the subject matter which imo adds gravitas to the event. It is not just PR or a photo op. And how he asks detailed questions showing how learned he is. People just don't give him enough credit for what he does and that's a shame.

I think his reputation still precedes him to some degree, which is a shame. He's not a stupid man. I hope that as time goes on, people come to see him and appreciate him for his intelligence and thoughtfulness, not just the fact he likes sports and rock music.

Yep, that is the case with people that are new or rely on tabloids for information. Having followed him and his agenda, from Danish press (not just tabloids), he is very knowledgeable. He is at ease with all members of society.
Another article on his visit
Informative article and great photos of the visit by King Frederik! And I agree re relying on tabloids for information about him - alot of misinformation and click bait to be honest. I've read many quotes from people he's met during his events/trips that praise him for being very interested and knowledgeable and coming prepared with knowing details and asking in-depth questions. And how his more casual demeanor put people at east which only enhanced the visit. But the tabs/click bait blogs don't print any of that.

Back
Top Bottom