Crown Prince Christian, News and Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Christian was photographed at a party in Copenhagen.

The comments are tearing Ekstra Bladet apart. But they don't care, as long as the article get hits.

Yeah, the majority of the comments support an 18 year old partying at a concert. Good for the Danes!

From Ekstra Bladet
"Several members of the young generation of the royal family attended the city's biggest party on Saturday evening, and especially Crown Prince Christian had a wild and wet evening in the city with his friends. "

I wonder what others members of the Royal family from the young generation attended. So far no photos of them.

Yeah, the majority of the comments support an 18 year old partying at a concert. Good for the Danes!

From Ekstra Bladet
"Several members of the young generation of the royal family attended the city's biggest party on Saturday evening, and especially Crown Prince Christian had a wild and wet evening in the city with his friends. "

I wonder what others members of the Royal family from the young generation attended. So far no photos of them.
Maybe those other members would not get the clicks EB wants/needs.

The comments are tearing Ekstra Bladet apart. But they don't care, as long as the article get hits.

Gee, an 18-year-old guy goes out with his friends and has a good time. Stop the presses. I doubt he's doing anything more scandalous than his father did when he was that age. They must be real desperate for attention. Hang on, I think I have some over here somewhere....

From Ekstra Bladet

Perhaps their friends formed a cordon around them or the PET officers told the photographer to get lost. Laws of privacy. Not that Ekstra Bladet care, they are ready to pay the fine and count on the DRF not doing anything about it. And they count on Christian being an adult now. Hence why the girl's face was blurred. Because she was also in focus, no doubt without consent.

I guess he does what the average 18 year old does and he should. Given his position, it will be important that he will do the duty part (exam, military training, studies) with a visible sense of seriousness.
The generation of his father was lucky, just imagine if there had been social media when Prins Pils and his peers were in action.

Prince Christian was photographed at a party in Copenhagen.

I do wish he was given the space and privacy to do what most 18 year olds do, and be allowed to "grow up" in peace.

I hope the media will give him the space to grow up as normal as possible for a guy of his age, wich ofcourse includes being allowed to visit nightclubs and concerts like any normal guy… The rest of his life is already mapped out anyway, so he should be allowed to enjoy life while he still can…

I know it’s probably hoping for too much as we’re living in 2024 and the journalists are more aggressive than ever in their working-methods and will happily do whatever it takes regardless of cost, to get the story and the pictures they wants to have…. But a part of me hopes that there are still a couple of understanding humans left in the journalistic corps…

Now we wait for the DM with the usual: This comes after the frosty holiday and Genoveva
Indeed.

Congratulations on your first post.

(There appears to be a problem with multi-quoting.)

I hope the media will give him the space to grow up as normal as possible for a guy of his age, wich ofcourse includes being allowed to visit nightclubs and concerts like any normal guy… The rest of his life is already mapped out anyway, so he should be allowed to enjoy life while he still can…

I know it’s probably hoping for too much as we’re living in 2024 and the journalists are more aggressive than ever in their working-methods and will happily do whatever it takes regardless of cost, to get the story and the pictures they wants to have…. But a part of me hopes that there are still a couple of understanding humans left in the journalistic corps
They won't last long I'm afraid.

The tabloids don't care. Even if all Christian was doing every day after high school was to knit sweaters until he went to bed at 20.00 and slept all night with his hands over the duvet, they would still try and spin it into something that would generate hits and comments. No one buy tabloids papers anymore, so I suppose they have to earn money on ads.
To paraphrase a quote: A bad story is better than no story.

The quick and unexpected Abdication made him Crown Prince too early.
The Media will always be there in Denmark and abroad (Verbier).
He lost his freedom for ever.

The quick and unexpected Abdication made him Crown Prince too early.
The Media will always be there in Denmark and abroad (Verbier).
He lost his freedom for ever.
His grandmother became the heir at the age of 13 (before that her uncle was the heir) and his father was 3 when he became crown prince, so I wouldn't say Christian became crown prince too early.

Let's also take a look at the age the current European heirs became heir:
Jacques: 0 years (from birth)
Victoria: 2 years (before that her baby brother was the heir)
Leonor: 8 years
Catharina-Amalia: 9 years
Elisabeth: 11 years
Haakon: 17 years
Christian: 18 years
Guillaume: 18 years
Alois: 21 years
William: 40 years

So, we may group them by age:
Group 1: heir from birth or in first few years (2: Jacques, Victoria)
Group 2: heir around their 10th birthday +/- 2 years (3: Leonor, Catharina-Amalia, Elisabeth)
Group 3: heir around age of majority (4: Haakon, Christian, Guillaume, Alois)
Group 4: heir when well-established in life (1: William)

If anything, he is in the upper half of becoming the heir; among the current European heirs only William was much older.

:previous: How so? People here aren't outraged that a teenager went partying. That's just the tabloids attempting to garner clicks. And they would do so wether he's 1st or 2nd in line to the throne. Isabella, unfortunately, is in for the same treatment next year.
I feel for these royal teens. Yes, they have advantages etc etc. But they live in a fish bowl just because of what family they were born into. And in recent years the tabloids are getting more and more aggressive and salacious with reporting on these kids! And at this point there are teens in pretty much almost every royal family that they can stalk and spin narratives about to clicks.

Christian should he able to go to a concert with friends without ending up on the front page of these rags. Wishful thinking...I get it.

From Ekstra Bladet

"While Crown Prince Christian fired it up on the dance floor, Count Nikolai, 24, and his younger brother Count Felix, 21, kept a low profile.
The brothers had been given a place in a special area on the stage behind TooManyLeftHands, and there they stayed the whole evening. At one point, according to Ekstra Bladet, Chrstian was up with them, but after a few songs he returned to his friends down on the floor again."

Nikolai and Christian

Glad the cousins can hang out

I do wish he was given the space and privacy to do what most 18 year olds do, and be allowed to "grow up" in peace.
I concur and with so much responsibility expected from an 18 year old, no one would blame him for actually enjoying himself!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom