Queen Mary, Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't it be the Second Gentleman? The First Gentleman in the country is the King.

If the wife of the male prime minister is called the First Lady, the husband of the female prime minister would be the First Gentleman. Just like here in the United States, the VP's husband is the Second Gentleman. Because when the VP is male, his wife is the Second Lady.

If the wife of the male prime minister is called the First Lady, the husband of the female prime minister would be the First Gentleman. Just like here in the United States, the VP's husband is the Second Gentleman. Because when the VP is male, his wife is the Second Lady.
But the wife of a prime minister isn't referred to as a First Lady. Because in either a presidential or monarchical system, the PM is the second person in the country, after the President or monarch. So the PM's wife would be the Second Lady, because the PM ranks second in terms of precedence.

Let us please move on and concentrate on Queen Mary's current events again. Thank you!

Reactions: EML
Lovely photos from Queen Mary's second event today - attending the 50th Anniversary of Aalborg University.

she looks very nice!

Can't forget her F necklace ; )

From the article above:
Queen Mary was only supposed to have participated in Aalborg University's big 50th anniversary celebration on Friday. But not long before the visit, the queen suddenly received an unexpected invitation to also visit the residents at Bostedet Aars, approximately 40 minutes' drive from Aalborg.

They have had a big dream of inviting Denmark's new queen to visit and show off the institution and their home. The visit came about because the Citizens' Council at Bostedet Aars had written to the royal court.

The residence has 41 places and is directed at adults aged 18-85 with severe mental disorders and possibly other social challenges such as anxiety, depression, altered perception of reality, dementia, stress or other psychological difficulties.

So wonderful that Queen Mary paid the center a visit!

As you can tell from Queen Mary's posture as she exited the car, the wind bites today. We are still close to freezing most mornings. And in that part of DK that she visited, it's always windy.

Thanks @Izzie , I noticed that the visit to the the psychiatric center was added after the University celebration. great that should could visit. She received lots of warm hugs!
Cute video

More from Aalborg University 50th anniversary, from the DRF

Indeed a fantastic visit. Another gallery and info

1. I love her "F" necklace. It's so sweet. I wonder if Frederik wears something with an "M" engraved on it.

2. I think it's wonderful she made a bonus appearance at the psychiatric center. Mental health is something that she's made a focus of her work, not to mention her foundation's work, and I'm sure the people there thought it was beyond amazing that she'd visit. What a memory for those people!

This morning, April 22, Queen Mary inaugurated the hiking route in Hannenov Forest on Falster:

** gettyimages gallery ** tt.se gallery ** dailymail article **

Mary looks great, and pretty brave to carry that owl.

another large gallery
more info on her event

Another great gallery

"On Monday, Queen Mary was to inaugurate a new hiking route in Hannenov Forest on Falster called Virketvolden Rundt.
But before the walk began, the queen was distracted by one of the spectators present. "

It's bitingly cold today.
With the windchill factor the temperature all day was around freezing, even in direct sunlight.

I'm pretty sure that's a Big Hornowl - as we call them in DK. And only a chick, because the adults are pretty big!
We have some in this part of the country and sometimes you hear about people in a suburb being in uproar because some nasty person is taking the local cats.
No, it's the Big Hornowl. A domestic cat is just the right size for such an owl. And as people often let their cats wander freely...
A couple of Big Hornowls can decimate the population of cats in a neighborhood very efficiently. Mis (the equivalent to pussy, yes, also in the other context...) in Danish sneaks around at night, thinking she's a great hunter and never notice the silent shadow coming swooping in.
The Big Hornowl is big!
And the adults are very well camouflaged!
I have actually never seen a Big Hornowl in the wild. I've sometimes heard it but never caught a glimpse of it.

Mary looks great, and pretty brave to carry that owl.

another large gallery
more info on her event
Another video from today. Now we know what her private secretary carried in her backpack - additional jacket for the Queen! lol.

Back
Top Bottom