Queen Camilla Jewels 2: February 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful to see the Cartier gold flower clips,Camilla obviously has had a good mooch in the Windsor jewel vault.
Yes nice to see some not so often worn brooches., But with pieces like these i also think that would have nice gifts for the granddaughters like Beatrice, Eugenie Zara etc. who have apparently got nothing at all from their grandmothers Jewels.

Yes nice to see some not so often worn brooches., But with pieces like these i also think that would have nice gifts for the granddaughters like Beatrice, Eugenie Zara etc. who have apparently got nothing at all from their grandmothers Jewels.
Zara will inherit jewels from her mother who in turn inherited from the late Queen prior to her passing. I’m sure they got something from their grandmother but we will have to wait and see.

I hope to see Camilla with more "unknown" jewels. Never seen before. And please bring out the diamond sautoir from Queen Mary, the sapphire and diamond sautoir, the Cartier Resille choker and the Love trophy collar. Please.

It is wonderful to see Camilla wearing relatively obscure jewellery with the bees being perfect examples of her whimsical nature. All I can say is, more please!

Aslo, can someone identify the earrings Camilla is wearing in that photo?

We have no idea what family members received what from QE2, via Charles. It may well be that privately, pieces of jewellery have been shared, but they are yet to be worn publicly and be identified as such.

I hope to see Camilla with more "unknown" jewels. Never seen before. And please bring out the diamond sautoir from Queen Mary, the sapphire and diamond sautoir, the Cartier Resille choker and the Love trophy collar. Please.
Queen Camilla has done her bit to explore the vaults and to bring to the fore several pieces unseen for some time. We have already seen several brooches that hadn't seen the light of day in decades. We have also seen the Greville stomacher used by Camilla at last year's Diplomatic Reception, and we have seen Catherine use the Strathmore Rose tiara. Long may these explorations continue!

To me, as a cloak clasp, it will be a more cohesive design than as a brooch as worn by Queen Camilla.
I love that brooch! I do wish it was a cloak clasp and that the other part of it was still around. It would look stunning worn by Queen Camilla with one of her dresses with this kind of neckline.
I cannot find a dress in a colour that would really suit the aquamarines but perhaps light yellow...?

Queen C in blue
Queen C in red

I can see it worn with something like the cape Princess Charlotte wore at the coronation but I cannot find a picture of Queen Camilla or any of the grownup ladies wearing something in this style.

Princess Charlotte

Personally i think younger members are more interested in earrings, bracelets and rings, wich they use more, and it may very well be that they have recived something privately there… Brooches are more popular in Camilla’s and Anne’s generation…

Personally i think younger members are more interested in earrings, bracelets and rings, wich they use more, and it may very well be that they have recived something privately there… Brooches are more popular in Camilla’s and Anne’s generation…
It’s true for now, but things can change. Brooches could well come back into fashion by the time Charlotte is carrying out engagements.

We have no idea what family members received what from QE2, via Charles. It may well be that privately, pieces of jewellery have been shared, but they are yet to be worn publicly and be identified as such.

HLM was very sparing with gifts of jewellery to family members of the family. Engagement and wedding presents notwithstanding, she merely "lent" what she deemed appropriate, However, as we saw in the case of the late Diana, the important and historically significant piece which were heralded as not only beautiful but a mark of personal favor. They were not, they were a lifetime loan to a woman that, all things being equal, would have been the future queen.

Camilla's Bucheron falls into the same category, and that is no bad thing as Queen Mary's penchant for acquiring fabulous jewellery was only equalled by her unfortunate habit of bestowing significant items on family members and we now see them scattered around Europe. The same problem raised its head in Denmark when Prince Joachim divorced and one of the figurative 'jewels in the crown' is now in private hands.

All that being said, I would love to see the king loan the family pieces to the family with a much libreral hand.

HLM was very sparing with gifts of jewellery to family members of the family. Engagement and wedding presents notwithstanding, she merely "lent" what she deemed appropriate, However, as we saw in the case of the late Diana, the important and historically significant piece which were heralded as not only beautiful but a mark of personal favor. They were not, they were a lifetime loan to a woman that, all things being equal, would have been the future queen.

I did not disagree with QE2's policy of being sparing in gifting jewellery to family members. She had learnt from the actions of Queen Mary.

All that being said, I would love to see the king loan the family pieces to the family with a much libreral hand.

I think Sophie is the only member of the RF that needs to borrow from the royal vaults. Queen Camilla has demonstrated that she intends to continue QE2's policy to continue to lend to Sophie as and when required. For the state banquet from South Africa, Sophie was lent an all-diamond demi-parure previously used by QE2.

It’s true for now, but things can change. Brooches could well come back into fashion by the time Charlotte is carrying out engagements.
Actually they are making a comeback this year. Very much in fashion.

Back
Top Bottom