Queen Mary of Denmark Jewels 1: 14 Jan 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though the necklace is my favorite piece of the emerald parure, I am not too bothered by it not being highlighted to its fullest, presumably Queen Mary will wear it again on another occasion and showcase it better.

I don't know if this discussion is taken place in another thread, but what is the backstory on the FX's Ordensportrættet / Portrait Order, are the jewels in the order new jewels or were they taken from a previous order, if so my guess would be Queen Ingrid?

Even though the necklace is my favorite piece of the emerald parure, I am not too bothered by it not being highlighted to its fullest, presumably Queen Mary will wear it again on another occasion and showcase it better.

I don't know if this discussion is taken place in another thread, but what is the backstory on the FX's Ordensportrættet / Portrait Order, are the jewels in the order new jewels or were they taken from a previous order, if so my guess would be Queen Ingrid?
Below is an excerpt from the DRF website post addressing the New Family Order and the diamond frame Queen Mary is wearing.

On her chest, Her Majesty wears a brilliant miniature portrait of the King in a bow of the Order of the Dannebrog ribbon. For generations, it has been a tradition for female members of the royal family to wear the regent's miniature portrait. Thus, during her time as Crown Princess, The Queen wore a portrait of Queen Margrethe.

In connection with the change of throne, The Queen has received a miniature portrait of the King. The portrait was made by the British artist Tom Mulliner and inserted into a frame of gold with brilliants. The frame was originally designed for Empress Amelie of Brazil. As the Empress was childless, the frame passed to the Empress's sister, Queen Josefina of Sweden. Later, the frame passed to Queen Josefina's granddaughter, the later Queen Lovisa of Denmark, and she was thus the first Danish queen to wear a portrait of the Danish regent in this special frame. Later, Queen Alexandrine and Queen Ingrid wore the frame during their husbands' reigns, and from 1972 until the change of throne in January 2024, Queen Margrethe wore the frame with a portrait of her father, Frederik 9.

But then the other young Queen who has full Parures avaible to use is Máxima. Mathilde has only 2 necklaces which she has used with her biggest tiara for important State visits.
Letizia theoretically should have access to several demi-parures and also diamond rivières which she could match with her tiaras, but she chooses a minimalist approach .

Below is an excerpt from the DRF website post addressing the New Family Order and the diamond frame Queen Mary is wearing.

On her chest, Her Majesty wears a brilliant miniature portrait of the King in a bow of the Order of the Dannebrog ribbon. For generations, it has been a tradition for female members of the royal family to wear the regent's miniature portrait. Thus, during her time as Crown Princess, The Queen wore a portrait of Queen Margrethe.

In connection with the change of throne, The Queen has received a miniature portrait of the King. The portrait was made by the British artist Tom Mulliner and inserted into a frame of gold with brilliants. The frame was originally designed for Empress Amelie of Brazil. As the Empress was childless, the frame passed to the Empress's sister, Queen Josefina of Sweden. Later, the frame passed to Queen Josefina's granddaughter, the later Queen Lovisa of Denmark, and she was thus the first Danish queen to wear a portrait of the Danish regent in this special frame. Later, Queen Alexandrine and Queen Ingrid wore the frame during their husbands' reigns, and from 1972 until the change of throne in January 2024, Queen Margrethe wore the frame with a portrait of her father, Frederik 9.
OK, I thought that both Margrethe and Ingrid wore the Frederik IX portrait in the "special frame" and that there was more than one "special frame". Either I was mistaken and the picture of Ingrid was before her husband's death, or maybe Margrethe and Ingrid shared Frederik IX's Portrait Order in the "special frame".

Back
Top Bottom