Queen Camilla Jewels 2: February 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
272px-Coat_of_arms_of_Queen_Camilla.svg.png

Arms of Queen Camilla

Welcome to Queen Camilla Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing Febuary 29th, 2024

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF
Community Rules

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.

· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article

text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.

· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.

· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive

will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Queen is wearing a very large, and to me unknown, brooch at the Commonwealth service. Hopefully some detailed pictures and information come through.

The Queen is wearing a very large, and to me unknown, brooch at the Commonwealth service. Hopefully some detailed pictures and information come through.
According to royal historian Trond Norén Isaksen who has been given access to Queen Alexandra’s photographic jewel inventory for a two-part article for Majesty Magazine, the brooch comes from Queen Alexandra.

I've never seen that diamond and aquamarine brooch before ,its really gorgeous!

From the image as a clasp, it would appear there was a further large aquamarine to match the one the Queen wore as a brooch. I wonder when this might be incorporated into a piece of jewellery.

From the image as a clasp, it would appear there was a further large aquamarine to match the one the Queen wore as a brooch. I wonder when this might be incorporated into a piece of jewellery.
Hopefully another brooch ,what a clever idea!

Hopefully another brooch ,what a clever idea!

Unless the reason it was not worn or seen since Queen Alexandra was due to breakage and/or loss of the other stone.

How reliable is Ursula's information? I'm not too familiar with their website. If it is true then what a lovely cape clasp. I wish full capes would make a comeback as they can be so elegant.

I think Ursula is pretty well respected in the royal jewel world. Her website has been around for many many years.

How reliable is Ursula's information? I'm not too familiar with their website. If it is true then what a lovely cape clasp. I wish full capes would make a comeback as they can be so elegant.
I have mixed feelings about Ursula's site. On one hand, it contains a lot of useful information. On other hand, Ursula tends to present her theories and fantasies as facts. She uses a lot of photoshopped pictures to show jewels without any notice (as in this case).

I have mixed feelings about Ursula's site. On one hand, it contains a lot of useful information. On other hand, Ursula tends to present her theories and fantasies as facts. She uses a lot of photoshopped pictures to show jewels without any notice.
That's the feeling I get. The "clasp" photo is obviously photoshopped. Plus they do not site their sources. Everything is just presented as facts rather than mere musings.

Queen Camilla wore the Prince Albert brooch in the Isle of Man today. This is the second time she has worn this brocch, the first being in Germany last year.

Queen Camilla wore the Prince Albert brooch in the Isle of Man today. This is the second time she has worn this brocch, the first being in Germany last year.

It dates from 1840 and lovely to see it worn again.

I love the larger bee (and would love more info about it!).

I love the larger bee (and would love more info about it!).
There appears to be very limited information about the provenance of the two brooches. It has been suggested on X that the smaller of the two brooches was one of the first brooches of QE2, but this has not been substantiated.

Camilla was first pictured in the larger bee brooch in 2019 for an event at Marlborough House.

For the Maundy Thursday service in Worcester, HM wore a pair of Cartier gold, sapphire and diamond brooches. It has been suggested that the brooches had been presents to QE2 in the 1940's from her parents.

Looks like Queen Camilla has another new to us brooch on for the Easter service today.

For the Maundy Thursday service in Worcester, HM wore a pair of Cartier gold, sapphire and diamond brooches. It has been suggested that the brooches had been presents to QE2 in the 1940's from her parents.

They are absolutely gorgeous.

Wonderful to see the Cartier gold flower clips,Camilla obviously has had a good mooch in the Windsor jewel vault.

Wonderful to see the Cartier gold flower clips,Camilla obviously has had a good mooch in the Windsor jewel vault.
Indeed. I think by now Camilla has had the opportunity to look through the vault properly and identify the items of jewellery she would like to use. She probably has made a separate category of jewellery she wants to allocate to Catherine, and some pieces she has no intention of wearing.

The diamonds, sapphires and emerald brooch was a perfect choice and really worked with Camilla's Easter day outfit.
I agree. The colours of the sapphores and emeralds complimented each other, the diamonds highlighting them all.

I also thought the size and scale of the brooch was just right: enough to be seen, but not so large that it is a major attraction.

Back
Top Bottom