Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She stopped attending since her husband´s dotation was lowered. IIRC Laurent claimed it was too expensive as the outfit etc. costs a lot of money. But let´s hope they will make an exception for Laurent´s cousin.
She certainly has some Gala gowns that could be reused. She should only ask Queen Sonja. No need to buy a new one

She certainly has some Gala gowns that could be reused. She should only ask Queen Sonja. No need to buy a new one
I never believed it and was just another excuse for Laurent to moan!

Family loyalty has never been his strong point ,I don't hold much hop myself.
Hopefully we'll see Elisabeth and Astrid!
Would be great if Elisabeth would attend but i don't have high hopes. Any chance that there is a break in her studies as it short after Easter?

Very much looking forward to the State Visits from Denmark to Sweden and Norway.

I believe Queen Mary will wear the pearl poire for both state visits. Even with the Swedish connection of the ruby set to Sweden, I don't believe she will wear it for her first state visit as Queen.

However, I would love to see her put the Floral Aigrette Tiara back on a frame like Queen Ingrid had it and wear it as a traditional tiara for the Norwegian state visit!

I also wonder if we will see Mary wear a new family order of Frederik X in a new diamond setting.

My guesses for the SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April:

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Letizia: Fleur de Lys tiara
Amalia: Laurel Wreath, Aquamarine Tiara, Antique Pearl or Cute Rose Bandeau
Laurentien (if attends): Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Laurel Wreath
Margriet (if attends): Laurel Wreath

She stopped attending since her husband´s dotation was lowered. IIRC Laurent claimed it was too expensive as the outfit etc. costs a lot of money. But let´s hope they will make an exception for Laurent´s cousin.
Maybe alternatively, they could decide to completely remove the dotation and only compensate for expenses related to the work actually being done (as is the practice in the Netherlands for everybody except the (previous/future) monarch and spouse).

The Fleur de Lys tiara does not suit Letizia,its a hard one to wear and it never looks quite right on Letizia.

The Fleur de Lys tiara does not suit Letizia,its a hard one to wear and it never looks quite right on Letizia.
Probably also because she does't not adapt her hairstyle for it. If she would make a bigger updo with more volume it would perhaps work done.

Probably also because she does't not adapt her hairstyle for it. If she would make a bigger updo with more volume it would perhaps work done.
Letizia is not very imaginative with jewels nor is she one for the finishing touches and just plonks them on when she has to!

Letizia is not very imaginative with jewels nor is she one for the finishing touches and just plonks them on when she has to!
But i don't think she does her hair for State Banquets herself. Perhaps her hairdresser should avise her a bit

As you say, the FdL is a hard tiara to wear. My oiwn view is that it looks a lot better on Letizia that I would have expected it to look.

She looks quite good in both the other larger diamond and pearl tiaras, and I so do wish she used them more than she does.

That's debatable at times but I think smaller tiaras like the Floral one of queen Sofia suits Letizia the best.
I agree, the Floral looks very good on Letizia, and has become her signature tiara.

Laurentien (if attends): Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Laurel Wreath
Margriet (if attends): Laurel Wreath
I agree Max will probably wear some variation of the Stuart tiara (without the Stuart diamond) and Letizia will wear the large FdL tiara.

I so do hope Amalia chooses to wear the Antique Pearl tiara, it is a lovely tiara and should work well with her styling.

I agree, the Floral looks very good on Letizia, and has become her signature tiara.
The shell tiara has also looked good on her the only time she has worn it, as did the Asturias FdL tiara. But she has never worn them again.

The shell tiara has also looked good on her the only time she has worn it, as did the Asturias FdL tiara. But she has never worn them again.
It is possible that Queen Sofia has retained the shell tiara for her use, or simply that Letizia just does not like it.

It is possible that Queen Sofia has retained the shell tiara for her use, or simply that Letizia just does not like it.
But that does not explain why the Asturias FdL tiaras was never worn again. And Queen Sofia almost never attends where tiaras are worn so she could certainly share it with her daughter-in-law.

The Floral,Prussian and Shell I believe are all personally owned by Queen Sofia.

The Floral,Prussian and Shell I believe are all personally owned by Queen Sofia.
If I am not mistaken, Queen Sofia attended only one tiara event since the abdication and, on that occasion, she wore her Ruby Necklace tiara.

I suspect the Prussian and the Shell tiaras will be given to Princess Leonor when she makes her official tiara debut. I don't see Leonor getting a new gift tiara until she gets married. The Greek rubies will likely be left to one of Queen Sofia's daughters, probably Infanta Cristina since Infanta Elena apparently kept the Marichalar tiara following her divorce.

If I am not mistaken, Queen Sofia attended only one tiara event since the abdication and, on that occasion, she wore her Ruby Necklace tiara.

Infanta Elena apparently kept the Marichalar tiara following her divorce.
She also attended the Wedding in Albania where tiaras where worn at the reception in the evening. But then she choose not to wear one.
The Marichalar tiara was also worn recently by some Marichalar nieces for their Weddings, so not sure who owns it.

I suspect the Prussian and the Shell tiaras will be given to Princess Leonor when she makes her official tiara debut. I don't see Leonor getting a new gift tiara until she gets married. The Greek rubies will likely be left to one of Queen Sofia's daughters, probably Infanta Cristina since Infanta Elena apparently kept the Marichalar tiara following her divorce.
That is indeed correct. The only time since the abdication we have seen Sofia wear a tiara was in Jordan for the wedding last year.
The Greek rubies will likely be left to one of Queen Sofia's daughters, probably Infanta Cristina since Infanta Elena apparently kept the Marichalar tiara following her divorce.
My own view is that the Greek rubies will be divided between Elena and Cristina.

That said, I think E & C are better served by being left a pot of money instead of jewellery, as that is likely to be of more use to them.

The jewellery can remain with the main line, who can do with some jewellery with coloured stones.

I'm guessing Letizia wearing the Floral, Pearl Loop or the Cartier Pearl and Diamond, but I won't be surprised when she appears with the Fleur de Lys. And she should hire the Queen Mary's former hairstylist, who left his post after the accession. Would be better.

Maxima: Stuart tiara or Sapphire Tiara
Letizia: Fleur de Lys, Pearl and Loop or Cartier Pearl and Diamond
Beatrix: Queen Emma Diamond, Cute Rose Bandeau or Pearl Button
Margriet: Laurel Wreath or Pearl Button

But that does not explain why the Asturias FdL tiaras was never worn again.
So here is my take, and I suspect this is all to do with timing. The tiara was meant to have been ready by 2009, when the economic situation was dire in most of the world, especially Spain, so just not conducive to debut a new tiara. Soon followed all the issues with J-C, leading up to the abdication, and a change of reign in 2014. In the new reign, Letizia wore the tiara once (Daisy's 75th birthday, April 2015), as it was widely rumoured to exist. Since then, as Queen, if she wanted to wear a smaller tiara, she has only worn the Floral (which I believe is her favourite) or one of the larger tiaras. I suspect it will next appear on one of the Infanta's, in time.

Amalia: Antique Pearl tiara

Not sure how accurate this is but I read somewhere that Princess Martha Louise’s wedding will be a tiara event. It would be exciting to see Maud and Leah in tiaras.

Amalia: Antique Pearl tiara
Your suggested choices for Maxima and Letizia are in line with what I might expect as well. I would love for Amalia to wear the antique Pearl tiara, but I am not sure she will make that choice.

Not sure how accurate this is but I read somewhere that Princess Martha Louise’s wedding will be a tiara event. It would be exciting to see Maud and Leah in tiaras.

It was leaked from the invitations that the US guests were encouraged to dress like the people going for the Oscar's and for the "european guests" gala attire, which could mean tiaras. I doubt we will see tiaras on her daughters. They don't have any to supply with.

For next week my guess:
Maxima: Stuart tiara, want to see the whole parure (not likely)
Letizia: Fleur de lis tiara. But wish she wore Queen Victoria Eugenia's pearl (and formerly emerald) tiara.
Catharina-Amalia: Antique pearl tiara

It was leaked from the invitations that the US guests were encouraged to dress like the people going for the Oscar's and for the "european guests" gala attire, which could mean tiaras. I doubt we will see tiaras on her daughters. They don't have any to supply with.

For next week my guess:
Maxima: Stuart tiara, want to see the whole parure (not likely)
Letizia: Fleur de lis tiara. But wish she wore Queen Victoria Eugenia's pearl (and formerly emerald) tiara.
Catharina-Amalia: Antique pearl tiara
Yes I think we will defiantly see one of the bigger Borbon tiaras next week and possibly the Spanish Floral Tiara at the Return Reception (if tiaras are worn).

Sadly I don´t think the return event will see tiaras. That only happened once these last decades, for the Swedish King and Queen, where then CPss Máxima wore the long-lost Peacock tiara for the first time. IIRC Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore a tiara for a return event in the Institute of the Tropics in Amsterdam. When she noticed her guests misinterpreted the invite and came tiara-less it seems the tiara was removed.

I am putting my bets on the Stuart and the Fleur de Lys for the Queens too. Let's hope Queen Máxima will wear it with the Stuart diamond, preferably accompanied with the necklace and the bow brooch of the parure. And for Letizia I am hoping for the big diamond riviere and earrings of the Joyas de Pasar. Not likely perhaps, as the younger Queens usually seem to have the policy not to wear a big tiara in combination with a big necklace. They may find it too overwhelming.

For Amalia I would like the Laurel tiara of her grandmother. Beatrix with her favourite Harp tiara and for Margriet perhaps the small sapphire tiara.

I'm certain there will be no tiaras on the return Event. As this one is hosted by the guests they decide about the dresscode. And so far there haven't been tiaras on the return Events hosted by Felipe and Letizia

I can't see Letizia wearing a necklace ,we might get the diamond bangles and brooch.

For the Luxembourg State Visit to Belgium next week:

Mathilde: Nine Provinces
Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll (despite me seeing her in the Empire)
Astrid: Savoy-Aosta
Elisabeth (if attending): Vestey Tiara, Wolfers Necklace or Laurel Wreath (both on loan by her mom)

Back
Top Bottom