Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed. But I do not know if the sapphire necklace tiara can be converted back into a necklace, I haven't seen it being used as such for a long time.
Think the last time it was worn as a necklace was in the 1980's. But then without the additional prongs.

I don't think that Queen Maxima has yet worn the large sapphire tiara with a necklace. Beatrix sometimes wore a diamond riviere with it, but even she often wore no necklace when donning the sapphire tiara.

I don't think that Queen Maxima has yet worn the large sapphire tiara with a necklace. Beatrix sometimes wore a diamond riviere with it, but even she often wore no necklace when donning the sapphire tiara.
Indeed. But then Queen Máxima has worn the Stuart tiara with it's matching necklace last year in Belgium. Beatrix usually only wore a diamond riviere or single strand of big pearls. No big necklaces.

Last edited:
There's will a dinner for members of the State Council on March 18, if will be a white-tie event I guess Mary wear the Floral Aigrette or the Edwardian Ruby Necklace Tiara.

La buena (Spanish fleur-de-lys tiara) and the tiara from the Dutch house diamond parure (probably in the largest incarnation) are indeed very probably for the Spanish-Dutch visit. The question more, which other Dutch ladies will attend, and what will they wear. Royal-Royal visits often mean 'all hands on deck', so probably Princesses Beatrix, Margriet, Laurentien. I don't think, that Amalia will already start state banquets yet, but who knows?
It's difficult to guess, because there are so many tiara available, but here's my guess:
Beatrix - antique pearl tiara
Margriet - Queen Emma's diamond tiara
Laurentien - the sapphire necklace tiara for the first time (hehe, this more of a hope than a guess)

As for Queen Mary, I think that she will wear the pearl poire tiara both in Sweden and Norway, and I fear that she won't wear the necklace. I think she'll introduce the emerald parure at the next New Year's Reception and leave the floral aigrette and will save the floral aigrette for next year, or so.
Not only Amalia, but Alexia, it's good worth that Alexia did not enter in the university yet.

There's will a dinner for members of the State Council on March 18, if will be a white-tie event I guess Mary wear the Floral Aigrette or the Edwardian Ruby Necklace Tiara.
These Dinners are usully not white tie. The one at Frederik and Marys engagement Day was black tie. But I think most of the time we don't get pics

These Dinners are usully not white tie. The one at Frederik and Marys engagement Day was black tie. But I think most of the time we don't get pics
I think there will a combination black-tie+tiaras

There will be a SV from Finland to Sweden in April. Here are my guesses:

Silvia: Sapphire Parure tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara
Christina: Six Button tiara

So the incoming state visits to Sweden this year continue, with Finland in April and Denmark in May. Here are my guesses:

Finland in April
Queen Silvia -
The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Tiara with pearls
Princess Christina - The Karl Johan Tiara

Denmark in May
I think it's possible that the Swedish ladies bring out tiaras with "Danish connections", so the ones coming from Crown Princess Margaretha. And of course Queen Silvia going big.
Queen Silvia - The Braganza Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Connaught Diamond Tiara
Princess Sofia - The Amethyst Tiara
Princess Madeleine - The Ruby Tiara (I hope that Princess Madeleine attends this state visit. If there is one she should attend it is this one, or from Norway, and it's jusy one week after The King's Birthday. And I really think she could pull off the Ruby Tiara with her hair.)
Princess Christina - The Aquamarin Kokoshnik Tiara

Its the Commonwealth Day service tmrw at the Abbey. Last year, Queen Camilla wore the Russian sapphire brooch for the first time. I am looking forward to seeing a substantial brooch on her again. Might it be the Wattle?

Given the Queen's fondness for blue, I would be content with her using the Prince Albert sapphire brooch again, last used on the state visit to Germany last year.

My guesses for the SV from Spain to The Netherlands in April:

Queen Maxima: Stuart tiara
Queen Letizia: Fleur de Lys tiara

So with the forthcoming state visit from Luxembourg to Belgium, query if Maria-Teresa will deviate from her favourite tiara, the Belgian tiara?

I think that is right. Maxima will probably wear some variation of the Stuart tiara without the Stuara diamond.

And Letizia seems to have decide the large Fleur-de-Lys is her preferred tiara for state visits with other royal houses. Might she up the ante and wear a collet collier as well remains to be seen, but if there was one state visit to do it for, this is the one.

So with the forthcoming state visit from Luxembourg to Belgium, query if Maria-Teresa will deviate from her favourite tiara, the Belgian tiara?
I hope she will bring the Empire tiara out for it. It has been worn for the last three State Visits to Belgium.

I hope she will bring the Empire tiara out for it. It has been worn for the last three State Visits to Belgium.
That would be great. The Empire is always challenging, but I would be very happy to see M-T give it a go again.

I think with her shorter hairstyle she has now it could work.
I wonder how the Empire would match with her current penchant for wide legged trousers!

I wonder how the Empire would match with her current penchant for wide legged trousers!
Luckily for white tie Events she does not wear these horrible trousers.

Love to see Letizia in the Cartier Loop Tiara again. That would be a nice one for this visit. I agree about Maxima and the Stuart Tiara though, I think that will be her choice.

I don't think that Letizia will bring out her second largest tiara, when she must expect that Maxima will bring out her biggest whopper. So, I expect to see the fleur-de-lys and the Stuart. Though it really would be nice to see the loup again. And I'd like to see the Württemberg pearl tiara on Maxima again.

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Letizia: Fleur de Lys tiara
Amalia (if attends): Laurel Wreath or Antique Pearl
Laurentien: Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Laurel Wreath

My guesses for the SV from Luxembourg to Belgium in April:
Mathilde: Nine Provinces
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara or Belgian Scroll
Elisabeth (if attends): Vestey or Wolfers Necklace
Astrid: Savoy-Aosta
Claire: her Pearl and Diamond Tiara

Love to see Letizia in the Cartier Loop Tiara again. That would be a nice one for this visit. I agree about Maxima and the Stuart Tiara though, I think that will be her choice.
Either the Loop tiara or the other large pearl and diamond tiaras would be great, it has been a while since Letizia has used either of them. That said, this is not the time that I expect Letizia to use anything other than the large Fleur-de-Lys tiara.

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Letizia: Fleur de Lys tiara
Amalia (if attends): Laurel Wreath or Antique Pearl
Laurentien: Queen Emma Diamond Tiara or Laurel Wreath

Mathilde: Nine Provinces
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara or Belgian Scroll
Elisabeth (if attends): Vestey or Wolfers Necklace
Astrid: Savoy-Aosta
Claire: her Pearl and Diamond Tiara
I think Maxima will also wear the House diamonds collier for the state visit.

Or the Cartier Pearl And Diamond, last worn in 2018.

Mathilde: Nine Provinces tiara (full version)
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
Elisabeth: Festoon tiara
Astrid: Savoy-Aosta tiara
Claire: Pearl and Diamond Tiara

Mathilde: Nine Provinces tiara (full version)
Maria Teresa: Empire Tiara
Elisabeth: Festoon tiara
Astrid: Savoy-Aosta tiara
Claire: Pearl and Diamond Tiara
Lovely choices all around that I would be perfectly satisfied with!

Lets hope she will attend at all and not decline like at the dutch State Visit last year
Yes Claire seems to suit herself and its not like she is a particularly busy working royal!

She stopped attending since her husband´s dotation was lowered. IIRC Laurent claimed it was too expensive as the outfit etc. costs a lot of money. But let´s hope they will make an exception for Laurent´s cousin.

She stopped attending since her husband´s dotation was lowered. IIRC Laurent claimed it was too expensive as the outfit etc. costs a lot of money. But let´s hope they will make an exception for Laurent´s cousin.
Family loyalty has never been his strong point ,I don't hold much hop myself.
Hopefully we'll see Elisabeth and Astrid!

Back
Top Bottom