Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My predictions and guesses for the French state visit in Sweden in the end of the month.

Not really changing my predictions since last time, and I expect the Family to go with what was planned for October.

Queen Silvia
The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure. I hope the Queen wears the Order of Legion of Honour this time, that she received many years ago.

Crown Princess Victoria
Prediction: Large Cut Steel Tiara
Wish: The Cameo Parure

Princess Sofia
Prediction: Wedding tiara with pearls
Wish: The Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara. I guess she will not receive a Grand Gross of a French Order, that would clash in colour with the purple Amethysts.

Princess Christina
The Karl Johan Tiara

I hope that Queen Letizia makes a change and wears the Russian Loop tiara (my favorite) or the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara on the state visit to the Netherlands, but I am not counting on it (most likely she will stick with the Fleur de Lys).

Also, since events with Queen Máxima always call for additional bling, I hope Queen Letizia might wear a diamond rivière (as on the Italian state visit to Spain), or one of Queen Sofia's colored stone sets (sapphires or rubies would be nice; emeralds might not go well with the Netherlands Lion sash).

Letizia unlike other royal consorts is not very imaginative on the jewel front and doesn't seem to like wearing jewellery so I'm not expecting any great effort.

The Fleur de Lys does not suit her either its too big on her.
The only tiara that suits Letizia is the Floral Tiara and always looks beautiful.

I alsho hope that Leitzia will go for something different then La Buena in the Netherlands. Queen Sofia at boith State Visits to the netherlands choose one of her smaller tiaras. In 1980 the floral wreath tiara and in 2001 the Mellerio Shell tiaras.

In 1980 ,it seems that Queen Sofia did not have the big tiaras in herpersonal jewel chest

Queen Sofia only started wearing the Fleur-de-lys Tiara in 1983,perhaps it was still in the possession of her mother in law?

The Cartier Pearl Tiara only came back to the main line in 1987.

Queen Maria Christina’s Cartier Loop Tiara was owned by her mother in law who lent it to the late Infanta Pilar.
Queen Sofia only started wearing this from the 2000's onwards.

For the Spanish state visit I am actually hoping for La Buena for Letizia and the full Stuart parure for Máxima: necklace, devant corsage ánd the Stuart diamond on top. Or alternatively the full Mellerio Ruby parure - with devant corsage. The 'best' tiara of both families.

Beatrix: her favourite harp tiara of Queen Emma.
Laurentien: Laurel tiara.

Queen Maria Christina’s Cartier Loop Tiara was owned by her mother in law who lent it to the late Infanta Pilar.
Queen Sofia only started wearing this from the 2000's onwards.

Queen Maria Christina’s Loop Tiara is not from Carier. It's from Marzo.

There will be a SV from Tanzania to Norway in February. Here are my guesses:

Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl tiara (full version)
Mette-Marit: Diamond Daisy tiara
Astrid: Aigrette tiara

Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl tiara (full version)
Astrid: Aigrette tiara

My guesses:
Sonja: Gold tiara (she "always" use this for "less important" state visits
Mette: Daisy
Astrid: Aigrette wings

And as usual we hope to see the big diamond tiara from Queen Maud. I think they are afraid to show us. :lol:

Sonja: her Golden Tiara
Astrid: her Pauline of Nassau's Golden Bandeau

My guesses:

And as usual we hope to see the big diamond tiara from Queen Maud. I think they are afraid to show us. :lol:

Chances of debuting Queen Mauds big diamond tiara on a visit from Tanzania is close to zero I would say, but if not a state visit from the new danish King is a reason, I guess they will never wear it, or they are saving it for Ingrid Alexandra to wear in the future.

There is also a gala dinner for the supreme court for the King, Queen and CP couple on february 6th, but we never get photos from the "smal" gala dinners they host for the country governors, bishops (one exception) and Supreme court every fourth year, only the one for the ambassadors they usually release some from.

Last edited:
My guesses:
Could also be the Malteser tiara for Sonja but she hasn't worn it for several years now
And for Astrid perhaps the gold bandeau

There will be a SV from the Czech Republic to Luxembourg this month. Here are my guesses:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine Bandeau tiara
Alexandra: Turquoise tiara

There will be a SV from the Czech Republic to Luxembourg this month. Here are my guesses:

Stephanie: Aquamarine Bandeau tiara or Chaumet Pearl and Diamond Choker Tiara

I predict Queen Mary will wear the Pearl Poire married parure in Sweden and the floral aigrette in Norway. I think Ingrid will attend the state banquet as well and perhaps she will surprise us? Maybe they will bend the rules for their Nordic neighbors, and since they are using their super secure yacht, and take the emerald parure out of the country?

For Mary: The rubies in Sweden and the Pearls in Norway.
For Queen Silvia: the Nine Prong.
For Sonja: I'd like to see her wearing Queen Josefina's Diamond tiara instead of the Emeralds.

Queen Mary in Sweden the pearls as they come from Sweden. Queen Silvua the Braganza her mist important tiara

In Norway Queen Mary either the rubies as they would go well with the sash of the nowegian Order or the floral aigrette. For Queen Sonja i would also prefer the diamond tiara or one of Queen Mauds tiara as then there is a connection to Denmark which the emeralds don't have

Last edited:
For the Danish State Visit to Norway:
Sonja: Emerald Parure
Mary: Pearl Poiré
Mette-Marit: Queen Maud Diamond Tiara or the replica of the Queen Maud Pearl and Diamond on its lesser version
Ingrid Alexandra (if attends): Boucheron Pearl Circle
Märtha Louise: her 18th birthday tiara or the replica of the Queen Maud Pearl and Diamond on its lesser version
Astrid: Vasa Tiara

For the Danish State Visit to Sweden:
Silvia: Braganza or Leuchtenberg Sapphires
Mary: Ruby Parure
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Sofia: her Palmette Tiara
Christina: Connaught Diamond Tiara

Last edited:

Stephanie: Aquamarine Bandeau tiara or Chaumet Pearl and Diamond Choker Tiara

So for tonight, here are my guesses:

Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl and diamond tiara
Astrid: One of the Aigerette's

For the Spanish SV to the Netherlands in April 2024, I expect Letizia to wear La Buena, the large Fleur de Lys tiara, and the Joyas de Pasar earrings. This is very much her preferred tiara for royal events (UK, Sweden, Japan amongst others).

Maxima is not really known for underdelivering in the jewelley department. In the last 7-8 years, she has shown a fondness for using the House diamonds parure for royal-on-royal state visits (UK, Luxembourg, Belgium, I might have missed some others). This leads me to wager that Maxima will wear a setting of the Stuart diamond tiara, perhaps without the big Stuart diamond. If we are lucky, she will use the House diamonds necklace with it as well.

For the Danish State Visit to Norway:
Sonja: Emerald Parure
Mary: Pearl Poiré
Mette-Marit: Queen Maud Diamond Tiara or the replica of the Queen Maud Pearl and Diamond on its lesser version
Ingrid Alexandra (if attends): Boucheron Pearl Circle
Märtha Louise: her 18th birthday tiara or the replica of the Queen Maud Pearl and Diamond on its lesser version
Astrid: Vasa Tiara

For the Danish State Visit to Sweden:
Silvia: Braganza or Leuchtenberg Sapphires
Mary: Ruby Parure
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Sofia: her Palmette Tiara
Christina: Connaught Diamond Tiara
I suspect Mary will wear new to her "Queen" tiaras in Sweden and Norway. As the emeralds cannot leave the country, I expect to see the following:

> In Sweden, the Pearl Poire married parure. This will be fitting as the Pearl Poire married parure came from Sweden, and it was also the first "Queen level" parure used by QM II after her accession.

> In Norway, the Floral Aigerette, with the collet collier. That said, the ruby set would match well with the red sash in Norway.

Last edited:
La buena (Spanish fleur-de-lys tiara) and the tiara from the Dutch house diamond parure (probably in the largest incarnation) are indeed very probably for the Spanish-Dutch visit. The question more, which other Dutch ladies will attend, and what will they wear. Royal-Royal visits often mean 'all hands on deck', so probably Princesses Beatrix, Margriet, Laurentien. I don't think, that Amalia will already start state banquets yet, but who knows?
It's difficult to guess, because there are so many tiara available, but here's my guess:
Beatrix - antique pearl tiara
Margriet - Queen Emma's diamond tiara
Laurentien - the sapphire necklace tiara for the first time (hehe, this more of a hope than a guess)

As for Queen Mary, I think that she will wear the pearl poire tiara both in Sweden and Norway, and I fear that she won't wear the necklace. I think she'll introduce the emerald parure at the next New Year's Reception and leave the floral aigrette and will save the floral aigrette for next year, or so.

For the spanish State visit to NL i think it i quiet safe that Letizia will wear La Beuna as this has always been her choice for State Vists to ohter monarchies. I would however wish that the would bring out the Pearl Loop tiara for a change. I also think that Máxima will bring out the stuart tiara in some form. For Princess Beatrix i could also see her her bring out the Württemberg diamond and pearl tiaras in it simple form. As for Margriet and Larentien i guess that Laurentien would wear Queen Emma's diamond tiaras as has worn it quiet a few tiems and Margriet perhaps the pearl-button tiaras.

I expect Maxima wearing big tiaras in April, such as Stuart or Sapphire Tiara!

I really want to see Maxima wearing the Dutch Sapphire Parure Tiara.

I really want to see Maxima wearing the Dutch Sapphire Parure Tiara.
She didn't wore her Inauguration Tiara since Novermber 2021, I think that's time to wear again!

She didn't wore her Inauguration Tiara since Novermber 2021, I think that's time to wear again!
Agreed! Plus it will go well with the blue/white sash of the Spanish order she is likely to receive.

The Dutch sapphire tiara is lovely, and it would be good to see it out again. If Max chooses it for the Spanish state visit, query if she chooses to wear the lattice diamond necklace with the sapphire setting?

The Dutch sapphire tiara is lovely, and it would be good to see it out again. If Max chooses it for the Spanish state visit, query if she chooses to wear the lattice diamond necklace with the sapphire setting?
The Trellis necklace, any sapphire earrings and her bow brooch with an sapphire

Perhaps the small sapphire tiara can still be worn as necklace

Perhaps the small sapphire tiara can still be worn as necklace
Indeed. But I do not know if the sapphire necklace tiara can be converted back into a necklace, I haven't seen it being used as such for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom