Tiaras and Jewels Camilla might use as Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't imagine that HM favourite tiaras will be retired for a generation or too, just because they are so strongly associated with QEII. After all, the monarchy is about tradition and continuity, and imo it would underline the continuity of the monarchy if these tiaras are kept being worn by the successors.

Therefore I think that Camilla will chose some of HM's favourites and continue to wear them, probably in a mix the honeycomb and, hopefully, the Delhi Durbar tiara. Others that imo would suit her well are the Vladimir, the Oriental Circlet and Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik.

The girls tiara with the upright pearls seem like a great idea for Camilla. With her taller stature and bouffant hairstyle she could probably pull that off. Anyways, it would be a shame if the (in my opinion) most beautiful tiara in the collection would be retired for a long time. And let's not forget that it is pretty lightweight and easy to wear. Certainly QEII is not the only lady who would appreciate these advantages.

She could pull off the Burmese ruby tiara as well, but I'd prefer not to see it too often.:whistling: The same goes for the aquamarine tiara. And the sapphire tiara was simply better when it was still a necklace.

I also think the russian fringe tiara and the Vladimir tiara will look god on Camilla. Probably also the aquamarine Parure and the burmese ruby tiaera will suit her. As for the Girls tiara perhaps she will not chosse to use it but it will then passend on the the new Princess of Wales. I would like to see Camilla in the persian turqiose Parure last worn by Pricness Margaret if this is back int he royal Vaults as i think it will suit her.
Would be nice to see her useing the oriental Circlet or the Queen Mary fringe tiara as this one would than be the only Tiaras that then have been used by several Queens in a row.

Queen Mary's fringe is the only tiara that has been worn by QEII, Queen Mum and Queen Mary. It would be great if Camilla will add a fourth generation to this row. But I somehow think that the fringe won't suit her very well. It's smaller than the kokoshnik, which also goes further back at the sides. So I think that Camilla would rather chose that one.

The Oriental circlet goes back to Queen Victoria, so that one really should be worn by every Queen to come, imo. It's a real pity that QEII has only worn it once, so far. Besides, I bet that Camilla would look stunning with it.

Queen Mary's fringe is the only tiara that has been worn by QEII, Queen Mum and Queen Mary. It would be great if Camilla will add a fourth generation to this row. But I somehow think that the fringe won't suit her very well. It's smaller than the kokoshnik, which also goes further back at the sides. So I think that Camilla would rather chose that one.

The Oriental circlet goes back to Queen Victoria, so that one really should be worn by every Queen to come, imo. It's a real pity that QEII has only worn it once, so far. Besides, I bet that Camilla would look stunning with it.

I mentioned this two beause we have evidence from successive Queesn wearing it. As tehre are no pics of Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary wearing the oriental circlet we don't know if they ever used it.

It is a pity that Queen Elizabeth II. neer has used the Queen Adelaide fringe as either necklace or tiara as this one then would have been worn by 5 possible 6 (dion't think there are pics of Queen Adelide with it) successive Queens wearing it.

Last edited:
Camilla will be the King's spouse. Máxima, Letizia, Mathilde, all have worn the most important jewels in the collection. This will not be different for Camilla.

Camilla with the George IV State Diadem, Camilla with the Vladimir, Camilla with the Girls of Great-Britain, yes, I see her wearing all of these. Of course the one sooner than the other. She has years of occasions to wear any item.

Last edited:
:previous: Only that the British tiara collection is vast that not even Queen Elizabeth has worn all the grand pieces in her very long reign. So it makes sense that the future consort will also make a choice of favourites to wear.

^ I think that, as regards Jewels [as in many things] HMQ is essentially 'a creature of habit', preferring to stick with a few 'tried and tested' favourites..
Camilla is [I think] rather more adventurous, egged on by her Husband.. who appreciates seeing his wife thus adorned.

As a result, I think the coming reign may be something of a 'golden age' for jewel watchers..

Last edited:
:previous: Only that the British tiara collection is vast that not even Queen Elizabeth has worn all the grand pieces in her very long reign. So it makes sense that the future consort will also make a choice of favourites to wear.

But that was a choice of Queen Elizabeth herself. Again and again and again and again wearing the same limited choice of diadems. She could have worn them all, in her extremely long Reign.

Actually all of the Queen Consorts have never used all the big Jewels. Queen mary did not use much of the big Jewels of Queen Vctoria like Golden Jublee pearl necklace, the kent amethysts or the rown rubies and Queen Elizabeth of course had not access to all of the big jewels as they sill belongd to Queen mary and went direct from her to Queen Elizabeth II.

But after seeing the Documentary about the sedish Jewels i think the are lucky to have so manyhistoric parures and demi Parues which with the british colection. The only full parure of Queen Elizabeth II. are her aqumarines but that is not very old. Oner of the most historic Items must be the Kent amethyst demi parure which unfortuantely is almost never used by Queen Elizabeth II.

But that was a choice of Queen Elizabeth herself. Again and again and again and again wearing the same limited choice of diadems. She could have worn them all, in her extremely long Reign.

Of course she could have worn them all, but I see no wrong in her restricting herself to the tiaras she really likes, and leaving some "fresh" for subsequent generations of royal ladies.

Of course she could have worn them all, but I see no wrong in her restricting herself to the tiaras she really likes, and leaving some "fresh" for subsequent generations of royal ladies.

That is true indeed.

To be honest, I see Camilla sticking to the pieces that she loves already for the most part. Nothing about Camilla has ever struck me as being the kind of person to "go for gold". So many people have described meeting her as being "down to earth" and fun and witty to be around. It's her character and her attitude towards who she is that impresses people. Not what she wears or how much she "sparkles" in diamonds and precious stones. She's never been a clothes horse where the fashion world follows her every outfit and I would bet my last waffle that the pieces that mean the most to her are the ones that Charles has given her.

I'd have moved this to the jewelry thread but I don't really expect it to become a huge tangent away from the topic at hand here. ?

I agree. I think Camilla is now very associated with the Greville Honeycomb tiara and that she looks splendidly regal in it. Other than the George IV Diadem, I cannot think of another tiara or crown that I believe would suit her as well in her future role. I would like to see the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara unused by Camilla for at least ten years, as it is so iconically associated to HM Queen Elizabeth.

I agree. I think Camilla is now very associated with the Greville Honeycomb tiara and that she looks splendidly regal in it. Other than the George IV Diadem, I cannot think of another tiara or crown that I believe would suit her as well in her future role. I would like to see the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara unused by Camilla for at least ten years, as it is so iconically associated to HM Queen Elizabeth.

There is actually a thread to discuss jewels Camilla might use as Queen / Princess Consort. Perhaps the Moderators might like to move the conversation there.

My own preferences and predictions re tiaras are the following:

> The Greville Boucheron continues to be the main diamond tiara used
> The Oriental Ruby tiara
> Margaret's turquoise parure (I hope!)
> The Greville emerald tiara, last publicly worn by Eugenie at her wedding
> The Queen's sapphire tiara, made using the Belgian necklace

Last edited:
I'm hoping she pops on the Durbar tiara again. I thought it looked great on her.

Icon and iconically are such overhyped understandings. What is not "iconic" these days?

Look how Camilla wears the Boucheron Honeycomb-motif diamond diadem, for decades associated with the late Queen Elizabeth. She effortlessly wears it as it was made for her.

Look how Catherine wears the remake of the Cambridge Lovers' Knot diadem, for so long associated with the previous Princess of Wales. She effortlessly wears it as if it was made for her.

It is also symbolic that the George IV State Diadem passes from Queen to Queen to Queen, showing the continuity of the monarchy.

Last edited:
Note that it is also symbolic that the George IV State Diadem passes from Queen to Queen to Queen, showing the continuity of the monarchy.

True but actually it was never worn by Queen Elizabeth (the Queenmother).

As for the Duchess of Cornwall i certainly hope that she expands her choices of tiaras a bit after becoming Queen. I think the russian kokoshnik or the Queen Mary fringe tiara would also look great on her.

True but actually it was never worn by Queen Elizabeth (the Queenmother).

As for the Duchess of Cornwall i certainly hope that she expands her choices of tiaras a bit after becoming Queen. I think the russian kokoshnik or the Queen Mary fringe tiara would also look great on her.

The QM Fringe would be a good tiara for Camilla, but the Bouch does the job of an all-diamond tiara. Would love to see Camilla wear the tiaras with coloured stones.

I think that she will continue to wear the Boucheron honeycomb tiara, but add a few others to the rotation. Imo the Vladimir tiara (both with pearls and with emeralds), the Oriental circlet and the kokoshnik tiara would look particularly good on her. On the other hand, the delicateness of the girls might get a bit lost in her hairstyle, as would the fringe, the Greville emerald, or the Russian sapphire bandeau.

As for the aquamarine tiara, the Burmese ruby tiara and the Belgian sapphire necklace tiara... well, they never wear of the most successful designs, imo. Though Camilla would be able to pull them off, I don't think I want to see them too often...:whistling:

With Camilla being on the chesty side, and taller than QE2, I hope she brings the stomachers back. The cullinans went from QM to QE, never worn by QEQM. I wonder if she will be as ballzie as QM and use 1 & 2 as a broach. She also like chokers, so we might see the stacking again.

I would like to see her again wearing the Delhi Durbar.

Duchess Camilla suits the Boucheron honeycomb and it would be good if the bulk of QEII's jewellery were to be put into a foundation and worn by several royal ladies with the grand pieces only worn by the queens consort, Camilla, then Catherine.

I don't see Catherine wearing much in the way of jewellery at all. She hardly wears any now and seems uncomfortable when wearing anything more than a watch and ear-rings so I can see fewer and fewer occasions for the royals to be seen in the grand jewels and with a smaller royal family coming fewer ladies to even wear them.

I don't see Catherine wearing much in the way of jewellery at all. She hardly wears any now and seems uncomfortable when wearing anything more than a watch and ear-rings so I can see fewer and fewer occasions for the royals to be seen in the grand jewels and with a smaller royal family coming fewer ladies to even wear them.

I do think Catherine has worn a number of substantial pieces of jewellery over the years, and depending on the occassion, IMO, is not uncomfortable with serious jewellery. Examples of substantial pieces of jewellery used include a diamond collet necklace, the Nizam necklace (x2), Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace, the Greville diamond and ruby bandeau necklace, her own emerald demi-parure, with the earrings having been used twice, 3 different tiaras at least 4 different diamond bracelets (DoE wedding bracelet, QEQMs bracelet, the diamond trefoil bracelet and the one rumoured to be from Charles) each of which has been worn on many occassions. She looked perfectly comfortable, IMO, at the state banquets for the Dutch, Trump or most Diplomatic Receptions.

That said, she probably could wear a lot more "real" jewellery at day wear events than she does at the moment.

Last edited:
I do think Catherine has worn a number of substantial pieces of jewellery over the years, and depending on the occassion, IMO, is not uncomfortable with serious jewellery. Examples of substantial pieces of jewellery used include a diamond collet necklace, the Nizam necklace (x2), Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace, the Greville diamond and ruby bandeau necklace, her own emerald demi-parure, with the earrings having been used twice, 3 different tiaras at least 4 different diamond bracelets (DoE wedding bracelet, QEQMs bracelet, the diamond trefoil bracelet and the one rumoured to be from Charles) each of which has been worn on many occassions. She looked perfectly comfortable, IMO, at the state banquets for the Dutch, Trump or most Diplomatic Receptions.

That said, she probably could wear a lot more "real" jewellery at day wear events than she does at the moment.

The only occasion when the Duchess of Cambridge looked uncomfortable was at the Spanish state dinner when incidentally she was wearing the Nizam necklace if I recall it correctly.

The only occasion when the Duchess of Cambridge looked uncomfortable was at the Spanish state dinner when incidentally she was wearing the Nizam necklace if I recall it correctly.

It was actually the Greville necklace, and there was only 1 picture we got to see.

Please remember to stay on topic. This thread is not about the Duchess of Cambridge, it's about future jewels of the Duchess of Cornwall.

I can see the Kokoshnik becoming a signature tiara for Queen Camilla. Whilst I don't think Camilla herself cares too much about what jewelry she is wearing I am certain Charles will play a big part and making sure his wife is draped in jewels fit for a Queen Consort and I am here for it. The PoW has a keen eye for jewelry and history and look forward to him having a free range of the vaults. I am also hoping the Oriental Circlet gets taken out for a spin more often as well. I don't see Camilla wearing the GGBI however, I can see that skipping a generation in the way that it went from QMary to QEII.

I hope we see Cams pull out the Delhi Durbar Tiara again -its a big gun - the biggest of big guns in the British collection maybe(?) but one not associated with QE2 - I wonder if she could even add the Cullinan III and IV diamonds (worn as a brooch by QE2) to it at times or the Cambridge emerald toppers.

I hope she'll wear the George IV State Diadem for the State Opening and other key events.

Otherwise I have a hard time imaging Cams in the tiaras worn by her mother in law, not for any reason than they have become so associated with QE2 its hard to imagine anyone else in them. I can see her rocking the The Oriental Circlet well.

While I doubt there are too many surprises tiara wise in the vault - maybe she'll rock the double meander tiara Anne once seemed to wear - I hope Cams will rock some of the pieces not seen before or for a long while - Kent Amethyst Demi-Parure anyone? Maybe she'll give The Dagmar Necklace and the Qatar Pearl and Diamond Demi-Parurea a try, she isn't afraid of a decolletage.

:previous: I wish she would explore the necklaces in the vault (Kent Amethyst is a really good one, as well as the Godman) and not always stick to her usual pearl chokers, she definitely could pull such grand necklace off.

Back
Top Bottom