Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that the Queen is delving into the vaults and bringing back pieces that haven’t been seen for many years. It’s just a pity that the gown doesn’t show the stomacher to its best. I hope we see it again with a different, lighter material.It would be good to find examples of relatively recent wearers of a stomacher which works better. Does anyone know of other royals that have worn one in recent years?

Maxima has worn the the big bow stomacher several times and on time the entire peace at the State Visit to the UK. She usually wears them very down on a sort of girdle.

Camilla's tiara appearance in 2023:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Last edited:
Daily Mail: Camilla's mysterious gems...

IG@josiegoodbody new claim on Camilla's stomacher...

Josie Goodbody writes for the Daily Mail, and on her personal Instagram, that Buckingham Palace has confirmed to her this unseen jewel came from the Greville bequest and is "almost certainly" from Cartier.

Whilst I hate to put down a fellow jewelry and history enthusiast, this persons article for the Daily Mail is full of so many inaccuracies it makes me question where she is getting this information from. Saying that, I am also inclined to believe that this is a Greville jewel, although it looks a little fussy to be Cartier. Ms. Greville did love Cartier though.

Here’s an article about the Greville bequest. It includes a picture of Her Late Majesty wearing the devant de corsage on the occasion of her Golden Jubilee.
It looks much larger on the HLM than it does on Camilla. Perhaps they are two different pieces?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12849275/Camillas-mysterious-jewels-black-tin-trunk.html

We must have posted here at the same exact time ladongas:ROFLMAO: The author is incorrect, QEII is wearing Queen Mary's stomacher in the Golden Jubilee official photo. Camilla's stomacher has never been publicly seen before this.

We must have posted here at the same exact time ladongas:ROFLMAO: The author is incorrect, QEII is wearing Queen Mary's stomacher in the Golden Jubilee official photo. Camilla's stomacher has never been publicly seen before this.

And yet another (fascinating) article about the generous Mrs. Greville:

https://www.tatler.com/article/extr...ll-adorns-british-queens-and-princesses-today

There is a picture of the Queen Mother from 1963, at the Royal Opera House, in this article. She appears to be wearing a stomacher attached to her sash. Can we identify it?

Judging from the style and design won't be surprised if it's something unused/unseen from the vault.

IG: royalmagazin_royaljewels_new

IG: britishroyaljewels

Looks like a match to me for the Queens Xmas day brooch. My guess is the topaz's pick up the color of the garment, or they were originally blue, but lost their color being cleaned or with time. Not uncommon with treated topaz's.

I think it is the same brooch, and it is probably a case of the topaz in the brooch taking on the blue of QE2's coat in the picture from the 2000s.

Well spotted . Great to see Camilla bringing back brooches the Queen has worn. ( There’s certainly a lot to choose from).

Over on IG, britishroyaljewels has posted close ups of Camilla's/QEII's brooches and they actually look like two separate jewels. I really like both of them and they're perfect for winter. I'm so glad to see QC rummaging carefully through the vaults.

Over on IG, britishroyaljewels has posted close ups of Camilla's/QEII's brooches and they actually look like two separate jewels. I really like both of them and they're perfect for winter. I'm so glad to see QC rummaging carefully through the vaults.

Really they look two different brooches to me as well, the blue one got a bigger centre stone and scrolls elements, while the stones on other one has a similar size and branch-like element in-between.

Thank you for sharing, they do appear to be two different brooches.

Was anyone able to identify the brooch the Queen wore for church today? I initially thought it was the East London Graving Dock brooch, but I think the brooch may have aquamarines in the centre.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ttending-Sunday-service-year-Sandringham.html

You're right - it's an aquamarine brooch. It was first worn by Elizabeth II a few years ago for an audience at BP.
There is a wonderful close up on Royal Musings, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom of the page. As we can see, the brooch is not only set with the large aquamarine and diamonds, but also 8 small purple stones (amethysts?) and an intricate scroll pattern on the side panels.

You're right - it's an aquamarine brooch. It was first worn by Elizabeth II a few years ago for an audience at BP.
There is a wonderful close up on Royal Musings, you have to scroll down almost to the bottom of the page. As we can see, the brooch is not only set with the large aquamarine and diamonds, but also 8 small purple stones (amethysts?) and an intricate scroll pattern on the side panels.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. That is a lovely brooch, hope Queen Camilla uses this brooch regularly.

The amethysts are very small, presumably just to give the brooch some visual definition.

Last edited:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

1 count: 2x the Girsl of Great Britain and Ireland, otherwise only single outings... although I think the Sapphire tiara had 2 outings in 2023 or was teh first one already 2022?

1 count: 2x the Girsl of Great Britain and Ireland, otherwise only single outings... although I think the Sapphire tiara had 2 outings in 2023 or was teh first one already 2022?

Since becoming Queen, Camilla has worn the Sapphire tiara twice in 2022. In 2023, she wore the Greville (in Berlin), the Girls twice (Mansion House and the Diplomatic Reception), the Burmese rubies (S Korea state banquet), her Crown (coronation) and the George IV diadem (state opening of Parliament).

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Image 1 is from the South African state banquet in 2022. The image was reissued at the time of the Coronation in 2023.

Queen Camilla appears to be wearing a new brooch. I can't seem to find a good photo however to really check out the details.

IG: fanroyalfamily

Queen Camilla appears to be wearing a new brooch. I can't seem to find a good photo however to really check out the details.

IG: fanroyalfamily

I saw some pictures on X. It is in diamonds and enamel, or perhaps small emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom