Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Break it down and remake it.

Or don't wear it.

Although it looked ok on QEii, I don't like it at all.

There must be some more tiaras in the vaults that we haven't seen; QC doesn't have to wear every single tiara the Late Queen wore. As we know, there were at least two tiaras in those mythical vaults, the ones Eugenie and Meghan wore, which were both really lovely tiaras and both of which deserve to be seen more.

It would be great if either Camilla or Catherine started to use the Greville emerald Kokoshnik that Eugenie used at her wedding. It is a great tiara, and deserves to be used a lot more than it is.

It would be great if either Camilla or Catherine started to use the Greville emerald Kokoshnik that Eugenie used at her wedding. It is a great tiara, and deserves to be used a lot more than it is.
It would suit Camilla very well

Queen Camilla wore her V,C&A serpent necklace at the Biennial RIFLES Awards reception and dinner at Guildhall.

It looks like she has recently rediscovered this necklace. Not having worn it for years, it appeared in Nairobi a few weeks ago, and then again, this evening.

** Full view ** gallery **

Queen Camilla wore her V,C&A serpent necklace at the Biennial RIFLES Awards reception and dinner at Guildhall.

It looks like she has recently rediscovered this necklace. Not having worn it for years, it appeared in Nairobi a few weeks ago, and then again, this evening.

** Full view ** gallery **

I thnk she is also wearing her wedding earrings this evening.

A new and interesting find about Camilla's serpent necklace. It was earlier reported by Rebecca English during the Kenya state visit that this was a VCA piece from Camilla's grandmother. A photo has now surfaced of Camilla wearing it as a bracelet during her first wedding. I very much like it as a bracelet and would love to see it worn as such again.

:previous: That tracks and is in keeping with her also wearing her inherited Shand tiara. So, my takeaway from that is that the piece in question is convertible from, a necklace to a bracelet which, as seen here, is definitely a statement piece of jewellery and the best up close photo I have seen it in all its .

As per Twitter, the Queen is wearing the Greville tiara tonight, I haven't seen pictures yet.

Looks like the GGBI to me as well. Can't tell if she's wearing a large brooch on her bossom.

Def the GGBI and the brooch seems interesting

Oh my the Queen is wearing a stomacher !

Oh my we have a jewel surprise and mystery!! I have never seen this stomacher before.

As per Twitter, the Queen is wearing the Greville tiara tonight, I haven't seen pictures yet.

Actually it's Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. The blurred image made seem like the Greville

A better view of the very fine work on the stomacher.

Thanks for the close-up. It seems to me that one of the tassles is missing. I wonder if it dropped off? If so, someone will be crawling around searching for it before long! :lol:

This is exciting! I have long thought that Camilla might wear some of Queen Mary's stomachers.?

Last edited:
:lol:?

Thanks for the close-up. It seems to me that one of the tassles is missing. I wonder if it dropped off? If so, someone will be crawling around searching for it before long! :lol:

This is exciting! I have long thought that Camilla might wear some of Queen Mary's stomachers.?

I love when jewels come out of the royal vaults after decades.

It seems to be of the Belle Epoque era. Perhaps part of the Greville bequest?

It reminded me of the diamond necklace that Marie Antoinette had hat causes scandal. Lots of bows and tassels (its obviously not at all and that was a necklace not a stomacher but its similar motifs and style)

This is a fabulous piece and nice to see something "new" to go along with a tiara rewear.

Delicate stomacher (and good to see something new!) but not with the best gown to showcase it.

The stomacher is lovely in its own right, but I actually don't like it with this gown. The fabric is too heavy looking for the stomacher, and I don't care for the placement. It's still nice to see a new piece, however.

I don't remember this stomacher at all, how exiting. Though I agree it would be nice to see it on another dress where the design is more visible. Makes you wonder what else is collecting dust in the vault.

The stomacher is lovely in its own right, but I actually don't like it with this gown. The fabric is too heavy looking for the stomacher, and I don't care for the placement. It's still nice to see a new piece, however.

The stomacher, or devant de corsage, is huge and appears to be a platinum setting. It must weigh quite a bit, so a heavier dress fabric might be a good idea.

I have to agree that the placement and the fabric are not the best way to showcase this historic piece. When I think of stomachers, I'm envisioning lighter weight fabrics and a more defined waist on the wearer.

I love that the Queen is delving into the vaults and bringing back pieces that haven’t been seen for many years. It’s just a pity that the gown doesn’t show the stomacher to its best. I hope we see it again with a different, lighter material.It would be good to find examples of relatively recent wearers of a stomacher which works better. Does anyone know of other royals that have worn one in recent years?

Delicate stomacher (and good to see something new!) but not with the best gown to showcase it.

Agree and would have made more of an impact on a different coloured gown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom