Princess of Wales: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
Now that Queen Camilla has worn the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara, I am hoping the Queen Mary Fringe might get used by Catherine at some point in the not too distant future. It can be her "all diamond" tiara.

Now that Queen Camilla has worn the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara, I am hoping the Queen Mary Fringe might get used by Catherine at some point in the not too distant future. It can be her "all diamond" tiara.

I never ever thought that Kate would wear this this tiara as I think it will always be reserved for Queens, I could see her in the diamond fringe though.

I never ever thought that Kate would wear this this tiara as I think it will always be reserved for Queens, I could see her in the diamond fringe though.

I think the Fringe would work well for Catherine: it has provenance, it has presence, and is all diamond, so very versatile. Lets hope she get to use it.

For some reason, I don’t see Kate in the fringe in the near future (2-4 years). I think she may bring out something unexpected from the vaults

That would be fun - we know there are things in there unseen, I'd love to see her rock the Marie Feodorovna sapphire tiara Margaret once wore. That double meander tiara Princess Anne wore once would also be great, but maybe a bit big for Catherine. I wonder if we would ever see Catherine in the Greville emerald tiara Eugenie wore for her wedding, maybe for an Irish State visit.

That would be fun - we know there are things in there unseen, I'd love to see her rock the Marie Feodorovna sapphire tiara Margaret once wore. That double meander tiara Princess Anne wore once would also be great, but maybe a bit big for Catherine. I wonder if we would ever see Catherine in the Greville emerald tiara Eugenie wore for her wedding, maybe for an Irish State visit.

All good ideas.

I see no reason for Catherine not to use an all diamond (Queen Mary Fringe or Greville Double Meander), emerald (Greville Kokoshnik), sapphire (Maria F bandeau) or a ruby tiara (Burmese, assuming Camilla uses the Oriental Circlet) as and when required.

I hope Charles & Camilla do open provide Catherine greater access to these jewels.

I'd love to see Catherine wearing the Greenville kokoshnik.

I'd love to see Catherine wearing the Greenville kokoshnik.

Yes that tiara is too gorgeous to be hidden away again.
Eugenie showed how lovely it is on dark hair so it would look great on Kate. I'm wondering though if the Queen might have left it to Eugenie as an heirloom to be passed to her descendents for weddings. It has no royal provenance so HLM might not have minded it leaving the main line. Just a thought.

Yes that tiara is too gorgeous to be hidden away again.
Eugenie showed how lovely it is on dark hair so it would look great on Kate. I'm wondering though if the Queen might have left it to Eugenie as an heirloom to be passed to her descendents for weddings. It has no royal provenance so HLM might not have minded it leaving the main line. Just a thought.

Two points:

> Extending that argument, should Beatrice be given the Queen Mary Fringe?

> I suspect if Eugeniue was given a choice of the tiara or a £2m, she may find the cash more useful.

As giving Eugenie the tiara would mean a huge tax bill for Eugenie and loosing a tiara from the collection, I highly doubt its the case. Eugenie wore the tiara once, Catherine has barely worn her wedding tiara again (if at all - I can't remember now) and Anne only wore hers for her first wedding then never again - it went back to regular use by her mother. I don't see anything to suggest wearing a tiara for your wedding means the Queen gives it to you.

I can imagine that were Eugenie to need a tiara for a UK royal event again she would stand a good chance of Uncle Charles lending her the one she wore for her wedding but I doubt she has been gifted it, especially as we do now know the York sisters have access to their mother's tiara.

On that note - I'd love to see Catherine in her wedding tiara again.

Two points:

> Extending that argument, should Beatrice be given the Queen Mary Fringe?

> I suspect if Eugeniue was given a choice of the tiara or a £2m, she may find the cash more useful.

No Beatrice wouldn't be given the Queen Mary Fringe IMO because if has royal history unlike the other one. I'm thinking that Eugenie might have the Grenville tiara as the York tiara will possibly go to Beatrice as the elder daughter so this would give each girl a tiara to pass down.

I would love she wore the Brazilian Aquamarine parure. I doubt she will wear the tiara until she is Queen but maybe she will wear the rest of the parure as the POW.

I want to see her in the Brazilian aquamarine tiara as well, also the Delhi Durbar, she has the height to pull off those taller tiara.

Always want to see her in her wedding tiara again, small but it's sparkling and solid.

As they have 3 fringe-like tiaras (Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik Tiara, Queen Mary’s Fringe Tiara, and Queen Adelaide’s convertible Tiara/Necklace) i would love to see Catherine get to use Queen Mary’s Fringe Tiara while Camilla makes use of the other two.

I would also love to see Catherine wear the Cartier Halo Tiara again so we get some great pictures of it without the wedding veil.

I would love she wore the Brazilian Aquamarine parure. I doubt she will wear the tiara until she is Queen but maybe she will wear the rest of the parure as the POW.

I hope that tiara is refashioned at some point. I really don't like it as it is now.

Pretty sure she won’t, but I’d love for her to wear Meghan’s wedding tiara. It’s a beautiful tiara!!

As they have 3 fringe-like tiaras (Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik Tiara, Queen Mary’s Fringe Tiara, and Queen Adelaide’s convertible Tiara/Necklace) i would love to see Catherine get to use Queen Mary’s Fringe Tiara while Camilla makes use of the other two.

That makes sense, though I am not sure Camilla will bother with the Queen Adelaide Fringe.

Last edited:
Pretty sure she won’t, but I’d love for her to wear Meghan’s wedding tiara. It’s a beautiful tiara!!

It's beautiful, I'd hate for it to disappear into the vaults again.

Perhaps it could be loaned to Sophie, or Beatrice or Eugenie if they should need a tiara. . Think it is unlliekly that Cahterine or Camilla will use it because of it's connection to Meghan.

Perhaps it could be loaned to Sophie, or Beatrice or Eugenie if they should need a tiara. . Think it is unlliekly that Cahterine or Camilla will use it because of it's connection to Meghan.

It is such a lovely tiara but will probably go unworn for as long as it was before showing up at H&M's wedding. The best chance of it resurfacing might be on the DoE but I feel the BRF doesn't want to bring up any potential H&M drama. The Greville emerald tiara is one that I hope is not relegated to the vaults and used by the PoW's. Emeralds are divine on her.

Birdie

I would love to see her in Queen Alexandra’s kokoshnik and Colliere Resilee.

That makes sense, though I am not sure Camilla will bother with the Queeh Adelaide Fringe.

It hasn't been worn as a tiara since the time of Queen Mary. The Queen Mother only wore it as a necklace and, as far as I know, Queen Elizabeth II never wore it in public.

I suspect the tiara lent to Meghan at her wedding is unlikely to be seen in public for a very long time.

I would love to see her in Queen Alexandra’s kokoshnik and Colliere Resilee.

Oh I forgot about Queen Alexandra's collier resille. It would look tremendous on the PoW's. In face, I think she is the only one today who could pull it off.

It hasn't been worn as a tiara since the time of Queen Mary. The Queen Mother only wore it as a necklace and, as far as I know, Queen Elizabeth II never wore it in public.
IIRC it has reportedly been strung on silk and can no longer be worn in its tiara form. It would take a major re-fitting.

IIRC it has reportedly been strung on silk and can no longer be worn in its tiara form. It would take a major re-fitting.

I think you may be referring to the City of London necklace, worn by QE2 and more recently by Queen Camilla. That is strung on silk and cannot be used as a tiara.

I would love to see Catherine in the Bracelet Tiara as worn by the Queen Mother when she was Duchess of York. More of a headband, really, but a very sparkly one.

I would love to see Catherine in the Bracelet Tiara as worn by the Queen Mother when she was Duchess of York. More of a headband, really, but a very sparkly one.

Those headband type hair ornaments or tiaras worn across the forehad were fashionable in the 1920s, if the style were to be revived, I am sure we would see the Princess use the bracelets as such.

Back
Top Bottom