Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Camilla with a nice dress in green and white during an audience at Buckingham Palace today, June 14:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Camilla wearing her favourite style of dress and a lovely colour too.

I like this one. Camilla really has been wearing nice shirt dresses this summer.

This dress is so lovely, and especially the colour!

It also appears her hair is a bit blonder, lighter.

Last edited:
Seems like Camilla taking a leaf out of Kate's military cosplay book and as usual I'm not a fans of such idea.:ninja:

Love her hat with that badge though.

Last edited:
As Colonel-in-Chief of the GGs, I think the outfit is appropriate for the occasion if it's a specific uniform designed for her position and one that she'll wear at other occasions. However, if it's not an official uniform then I agree it's cosplay, which I dislike.

Queen Camilla looks nice. I would like to see the entire regalia.

Since QE had worn uniforms that a Queen, as head of the Royal Military, would wear, and wore for decades, we have not seen a Queen (Consort) wear a military uniform in current times. This may be a look Charles has approved. I don’t think Camilla would wear something not official. I hope we hear if it is an official uniform, which I believe it is.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Camilla looks nice. I would like to see the entire regalia.

Since QE had worn uniforms that a Queen, as head of the Royal Military, would wear, and wore for decades, we have not seen a Queen (Consort) wear a military uniform in current times. This may be a look Charles has approved. I don’t think Camilla would wear something not official. I hope we hear if it is an official uniform, which I believe it is.

It's been confirmed that it isn't an official uniform, Camilla has had a dress coat made, almost copied.

It is not a military uniform.

Neither the color nor the collar are doing Camilla any favors. This outfit is awkward and vaguely silly, IMO.

Camilla has worn so many beautiful dresses to Trooping the Colour over the years - but this is not one of them i’m afraid…

I get the tribute to the Grenadier Guards but it would have been perfectly fine with just a normal red dress, white hat and the Grenadier badge brooches…

This half uniform - half dress looks just strange to me… Either you should wear a uniform - or you shouldn’t…

I'm not a real fan of the outfit for the Queen today. And if she wanted a reference to her regiment why not simply wear the female uniform which her mother-in-law used to wear as long as she was riding.

It's been confirmed that it isn't an official uniform, Camilla has had a dress coat made, almost copied.

It is not a military uniform.

I am sure it's her uniform for upcoming years. We will see this coatdress again and again.

Camilla has worn so many beautiful dresses to Trooping the Colour over the years - but this is not one of them i’m afraid…

I get the tribute to the Grenadier Guards but it would have been perfectly fine with just a normal red dress, white hat and the Grenadier badge brooches…

This half uniform - half dress looks just strange to me… Either you should wear a uniform - or you shouldn’t…

I agree. It would have been lovely if she and Kate had both worn the full uniform of their regiments. If Kate had also rode a horse if would have been off the scale but I'm not sure if she actually can ride.

I think this dress uniform hybrid was not one of Camilla's best ideas. Except for the hat I don't think it suits her especially well, and I'm just not a huge fan of muddling the line between a true uniform, which is an honor to wear, and a royal version of a theatrical costume. It does read a bit as cosplay. It will be interesting to see what she decides to do at next Trooping, because this choice doesn't seem to have been well received.

I like it. It suits the occasion and is something different, rather than just "wearing a pretty dress". And I think it looks good on her.

She should have done more or less. I think the collar in particular made it too much of a uniform to be a civilian dress, in which case she should have worn decorations and a white plume in her hat.

I think this dress uniform hybrid was not one of Camilla's best ideas. Except for the hat I don't think it suits her especially well, and I'm just not a huge fan of muddling the line between a true uniform, which is an honor to wear, and a royal version of a theatrical costume. It does read a bit as cosplay.
Queen Elizabeth II also wore a dress uniform hybrid. https://www.rct.uk/sites/default/fi...nline/4/0/155222-1297524030.jpg?itok=XYyrshwk It's not a real uniform.

Empress Maria Feodorovna in a cuirassier regiment's dress-uniform **Pic**

Victoria Louise in 1909, as Honorary Colonel of the II. Prussian Life Hussars Regiment
**Pic**

Grand Duchesses Tatiana, in the 8th Voznesensky Regiment uniform, and Olga in 3rd Hussar Elisavetgrad Regiment military uniform. 1913.
**Pic 1**

Last edited:
The PoW has been interested in clothes for most of her life and has an instinct for style.

She knows what works for her and her taste is excellent.

Queen Camilla has wonderful qualities but innate elegance and interest in clothes has never been one of them. And that is quite alright.

(..)

A number of posts and comments have been removed. This is not about the Princess of Wales, please discuss the fashion choices of Queen Camilla only! Thank you!

I am not overly fond of the model but I think the colour suits her extremely. I think the hat could have matched instead of being black !

I am sure it's her uniform for upcoming years. We will see this coatdress again and again.

Chrystal balls are a la mode.....?

HM looked great in that outfit (..)

When I first saw photographs of Queen Consort Camilla's outfit for the Trooping the Colour, 2023, I thought it was a uniform. Thus, is she making fun of the whole deal?

When I first saw photographs of Queen Consort Camilla's outfit for the Trooping the Colour, 2023, I thought it was a uniform. Thus, is she making fun of the whole deal?

Oh no,ofcourse not!!I´m sure that never even crossed her mind,no.

I get where Camilla is coming from while I don't mind a dress with some military hint, this one is taking it way too far.

Here is a picture of Camilla on the balcony that shows it is indeed a dress and not a uniform.

Whoever came up with the bright idea of Queen Camilla wearing a faux military uniform, (in honour of her new Colonelcy apparently,) ought to be quietly sacked. If it was Camilla herself, then think again next year. This year’s outfit didn’t work as a dress or as a uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom